Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I feel like the vehicle itself will be solid. I'm 100% with you guys on the B&P launch though. After pushing it back and back all this time the only thing they added that was remotely new was the interiors, and there are basically no options for them. All this talk of accessories turned out to be (so far) non-existent aside from the 2DR softcover surprise. I assumed the delays were to tack on all the accessories.

Concern wise - I feel like there's a 99% chance that the auto trans is NOT going to be free, so anyone doing B&P now and counting on that is in for a surprise.
Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The whole thing seems poorly executed - I’ll cut some slack due to Covid, but I’m on fence about ordering at this point. I’m not so in love that I wanna be an early adopter - thinking I’d like to see how it plays out and reconsider in a year or two.
I was extremely excited to be an early adopter, but all that changed with B&P. I am now ambivalent about the first year and only hoping the second year offers something to be excited about. I have an early (first week) reservation and a late (October) reservation. I will be deleting the early reservation, based on the firat year's disappointing options.

fara

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've never had a Ford but I'm not concerned about quality....

I'm moreso concerned about ordering a vehicle (ie. Black Diamond/Big Bend) without seeing even any pictures of the inside that aren't a zoomed in, oversaturated view or even the nonsignature lighting in comparison. The interior walkthrough video was kind of a joke. We have seen the Badlands in detail over and over (and I love it) but most of the other trims have been glossed over.

Walrus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru 2020 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They definitely do not have rock stars on the programming team.

Getting iffy on ordering a $53k vehicle without seeing one, sitting in one, test driving one. Second year could remove many concerns and see if issues with recall, TSB, etc happen on 2021 model.
Echoing this for the B&P issues. Ford does not have the money to pay for Amazon/Google/Facebook quality engineers, nor are they located in a tech hub so they’re dealing with what they have. As an only okay developer myself I’m sort of surprised there haven’t been MORE issues with B&P ?

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My experience w/Ford is the EXACT opposite of your concerns...over the years there have been models launched w/spectacular marketing, only to be great disasters. In reverse order I can think of the 6.0 diesel, the 95 continental, the 88 continental, the pinto, the Edsel for crying out loud? Whereas even the 64/65 mustang was a botched launch, the 86 Taurus was nearly scrapped, recently the new explorer was a debacle. Horrible launches make great Fords!
Spot ON! You forgot about the Fairmont and late 70s early eighties Mustang. I miss the 76 Capri.

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I expect fit-and-finish will be a bit off since this is a completely modular vehicle. As long as we don't get a major PowerShift screwup, there's a lot of leniency in build quality.

I wish more thought were put into the harder-to-customize aspects. Beating a dead horse here but I hate that my OBX can't have a grey/black dashboard or seats. Seats are expensive to swap and dashboards are "just buy a different car" levels of swapping.

Bad enough the exterior keypad is ugly, but being stickytape means there's a risk the teenager at the dealership applies it crooked or off-center.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m buying one. That said, my only concern is really the delivery timeline for mine. I reserved on day 5, but Ford seems intent on screwing the small dealers offering fair pricing, so who knows when I’ll get mine.
With all the bitching, I bet you move up a few spots ;)
Sponsored