Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Barely into the video, I was like, I know that Trail. Did it a couple of weeks ago with some of my friends from NY. @Werkedperformance, This was the day I invited you out to join us.
This is how much my Rubicon articulates. I actually still got a tad of space under the driver tire.
Also, this angle shows the incline of the hill more accurately. The video makes it look flat and it isn't. This spot is a really great place to get confidence into people new to 4wheeling. People who have never done something like this get this gigantic smile after the fact and are like "WOW, I can't believe I just did this" and that's when the addiction starts. :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco Black Diamond and Badlands Broncos vs. Jeeps Off-Roading 1639086766533

For those looking for a radio, this is what a lot of people who wheel at AOAA and RC are using nowadays.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MAULSOK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It supports all of the FRS channels, all of the GMRS channels weather, FM stations and you can pick up repeaters. [If you do not have a HAM license, it is good form to program it so you can not transmit on any of the repeater channels]

It is very easy to program with a program called Chirp and this cable
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HUB0ONK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really like this guys YouTube channel for explaining how this radio works and how to use Chirp.

I have a good img file that can be uploaded to any radio in a matter of a minute to program it.

Nice! Heading there next weekend with a bunch of dudes from this forum!
Saturday or Sunday?
Sponsored

PNWbroncoFam1977

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 4Runner, 97 Montero, 2016 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, still waiting for mine. Probably be between 8-14 months before I get mine. Staying patient. BTW, I live in Kennewick as well. Will probably see you around soon. What color, version, etc. should i be looking for in the near future? I'll have the mallard green 4 door, BL, MIC.
Im in Kennewick too. I will have the Lightning Blue BD. I kept the build simple, but still better equipped than my 5th gen 4Runner.

Reactions: Cat

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is how much my Rubicon articulates. I actually still got a tad of space under the driver tire.

For those looking for a radio, this is what a lot of people who wheel at AOAA and RC are using nowadays.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MAULSOK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It supports all of the FRS channels, all of the GMRS channels weather, FM stations and you can pick up repeaters. [If you do not have a HAM license, it is good form to program it so you can not transmit on any of the repeater channels]

It is very easy to program with a program called Chirp and this cable
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HUB0ONK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really like this guys YouTube channel for explaining how this radio works and how to use Chirp.

I have a good img file that can be uploaded to any radio in a matter of a minute to program it.
That is some serious articulation - very cool!

As for the good ol’ Baofeng - don’t leave home without one. I use it skiing to monitor the patroller’s channel, and carry it dirt biking, mtn biking etc. as a good back-up emergency radio.

Programming it is much easier using the PC software if you can get your hands on it.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cool
Add me to the conversation when you begin it.
I can be the comparison Jeep for any videos. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

absolutely!

It's a mix, newbies (like myself) and some really experienced guys. We're still working out the details, but I'll add you to the chain once it gets started.
Add me in the chain if you can. I can’t make this one but maybe next one we can plan something. I’ve been itching to go on the trials.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those who go to AOAA and RC, there is a smart phone app called
Maprika
Ford Bronco Black Diamond and Badlands Broncos vs. Jeeps Off-Roading 1639094726120

And you can download Maps for both AOAA and RC
Ford Bronco Black Diamond and Badlands Broncos vs. Jeeps Off-Roading 1639094929775

Sadly it does not work with CarPlay or Android Auto, but it does work really well and you can zoom in and out. Really helps navigate these parks

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those who go to AOAA and RC, there is a smart phone app called
Maprika
Ford Bronco Black Diamond and Badlands Broncos vs. Jeeps Off-Roading 1639094929775

And you can download Maps for both AOAA and RC

Sadly it does not work with CarPlay or Android Auto, but it does work really well and you can zoom in and out. Really helps navigate these parks
I used Maprika on our trip. Worked great.

I couldnt get out with you @Ryuk , Dad life. I barely got out for this trip, I'm missing from the second half of the video because of family taco night, hahaha!

Your jeep has serious flex! I really want to see and hear about that suspension in person, rad setup!

Theres a few more videos from the trip here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmZSr9Nzlx8vEgIwW0-UqBw

Really great group of guys that day, I rolled in only vaguely knowing the other Bronco owner.

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Nevada off roadeo makes you use everything on many different occasions. The course has no water or mud so the only fun we can have is on the rocks😉
Similar scenario in Moab

Ford Bronco Black Diamond and Badlands Broncos vs. Jeeps Off-Roading 1639104827830

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I get excited watching all of the wheeling videos posted but some parts make me wince when I see a bad line taken and it just pulls right on through. I think it helps put some of us who haven't been out in ours' mind at ease because the truck handles just about everything with no effort. Love seeing novice drivers in the mix, too. Can't wait to get out to Moab for the Off-Rodeo in February. Happy Trails!

I did Moab with my son in November, it was AWESOME! we stayed at the Red Cliff Lodge, the breakfast food was plenty good and paid for by Ford, we had dinner there one night it was good. The Lodge is really pretty, the view up river from the dining room is beyond gorgeous, and the room we had was BIG. It was not economical, but for a couple nights, I think it improved the experience. We also did the horseback ride and it was nice, but I think the long ride would be better. You'll love it.

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model