PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Watching that video really makes me want to try mine out on some of those trails... Just a bit nervous though since the only wheeling I have done was with some beater jeeps several years ago. Any chance you have room for another in the group?
always.

I can certainly add you to the chain once we start really organizing. (going dec 18th, time tbd, etc...)

And that is more than anything I've ever done. I've done the beach in OBX, and f'n around as a 17yr dipshit in undeveloped land with my Jimmy back in the 90's.

oh, and lots and lots of snow on dirt roads in VT. If that counts... 😂
Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was two separate Broncos.

I was confused for a second because the first Bronco made it up on the trail easily the first time around, but the second time it clearly struggled and obviously didn't have lockers or a sway-bar. But that's cause it was two separate vehicles.
  • The first Bronco was a Cactus gray MIC Badlands that I assume belongs to @Werkedperformance
  • Then there was a second Cactus gray Bronco with a soft top. The badging on the side was removed from that one and it had aftermarket tires/wheels. I assume it is a Big Bend—it has white lettering on the grille, so it's not base. But it also has a plastic rear bumper, so it's not Black Diamond. (EDIT: But it looks like it has rock rails, so maybe it is a Black Diamond and the back bumper just looks plastic? Or maybe they just bought the rock rail accessory, not sure. Either way, clearly doesn't have front lockers, and it looks like it doesn't have rear lockers either.)
This! I’m only in the video at the beginning in the MIC Badlands. I was locked and disconnected.

My friend has a Black Diamond with wheels 35s and a matte wrap. I don’t think his locker was engaged on the articulating climb (Trail 11).

i believe these are both blue trails. Difficulty system is green, blue, black, red.

Mdh186

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll be up at Rausch on Sunday if anyone is around. Carbonized Grey Badlands, putty colored late model Rubicon and Modded dark blue LR Disco in my group. Say hi if you see us.

Golfmom

Black Diamond
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carpooling Platinum Escalade ESV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When we di off-rodeo in Austin, we only used the front locker on one obstacle. All others were either none or rear only. I also think the fact that it was so wet in the video made a huge difference.
The Nevada off roadeo makes you use everything on many different occasions. The course has no water or mud so the only fun we can have is on the rocks😉
Ford Bronco Black Diamond and Badlands Broncos vs. Jeeps Off-Roading 2241E830-528C-4AB7-B9C8-7E5B825B0EA4

Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Nevada off roadeo makes you use everything on many different occasions. The course has no water or mud so the only fun we can have is on the rocks😉
2241E830-528C-4AB7-B9C8-7E5B825B0EA4.png
I remember that spot. They wanted to demonstrate getting a lot of air under that rear tire. I was in an OBX with no sway bar disconnect, so I used front locker only and Turn Assist and did a front dig around and hardly any rear tire air. They didn't want me to do it, but relented, since they were trying to spot. Fun stuff.

That's me in the beginning. Who's this? Jonathan?
Cool that you're close enough to Rausch Creek. Great stuff there. I raced Ultra4 there, even though I'm in CA. Out west we hate mud. :ROFLMAO:

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Black Diamond and Badlands Broncos vs. Jeeps Off-Roading 2241E830-528C-4AB7-B9C8-7E5B825B0EA4
That is awesome! Not quite as mountainous in Tx. Definitely dry. I want to do another Off-Rodeo. Not sure when... Either Moab or Vegas.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This! I’m only in the video at the beginning in the MIC Badlands. I was locked and disconnected.

My friend has a Black Diamond with wheels 35s and a matte wrap. I don’t think his locker was engaged on the articulating climb (Trail 11).

i believe these are both blue trails. Difficulty system is green, blue, black, red.
I just flipped back through and a thinking I only saw the BL in the first clip. Definitely looks like the BL has an easier time than the BD.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have not. I want to do a good search for the Motorola 2ways I have somewhere in this house. If I can't find them, I'll likely pick something up. Or my FIL might have a radio.
Gets a bad wrap but the Baofeng handhelds are amazing.

itbesandrodoe

Big Bend
First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think so... I think we're at Basesquatch (maybe), BD, OBX, Badlands and a FE.

Actually, all we need is a BB & WT to round out the entire lineup, lol.
hey I am from PA with a BB - loop me in!

Edit: holy smokes its only 40 mintues from my house, never knew it existed.

Sponsored

PNWbroncoFam1977

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 4Runner, 97 Montero, 2016 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ya! Zero $hits given! Long drive from SE Washington but looks hella fun. I'll stick to the craggy basalt draws around here (when I get my Bronco). Have fun yall!
I see you are in the Tri-cities like me!! Is the BL they have at Corwin yours?? I cant wait to get my BD out into some of the loose basalt covered trails we have here.

Reactions: Cat

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO, the Jeep drivers looked to have more off-roading experience. Also, were everyone’s tires aired down the same?

I would have like to have seen the pickups on the same trails, assuming the Ram sitting at the top of the first trail and the F150 and Ram at the bottom of the 2nd trail did the same routes.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why are these titled "Broncos VS. the competition" videos? I bought my Bronco to have a Bronco- not to spend my time justifying it to JEEP people. I certainly do not feel at all inadequate!
[/QUOT
IMO, the Jeep drivers looked to have more off-roading experience. Also, were everyone’s tires aired down the same?

I would have like to have seen the pickups on the same trails, assuming the Ram sitting at the top of the first trail and the F150 and Ram at the bottom of the 2nd trail did the same routes.
The power wagon is no joke. That and the D110 were the experienced “guides” of the group.

the raptor can be seen on my instagram on the same obstacle, it’s not on YouTube. Give me a follow while you are there 😝

I was at 24 PSI on my 33s.

Elevator Man

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mercedes GLE, 2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it just me or are there times when the non-stop calling out of the spotter got old? I'm all for a spotter when needed, but not all the time and not on obstacles that can be done without one.

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see you are in the Tri-cities like me!! Is the BL they have at Corwin yours?? I cant wait to get my BD out into some of the loose basalt covered trails we have here.
No, still waiting for mine. Probably be between 8-14 months before I get mine. Staying patient. BTW, I live in Kennewick as well. Will probably see you around soon. What color, version, etc. should i be looking for in the near future? I'll have the mallard green 4 door, BL, MIC.
Sponsored