Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Using tires sizes and this chart there is 0.7" difference of actual lift from BB to BL. Then there is 0.55" if lift from BL to Sas. So the Sas lift from BB/BD is only about 1.25". Tires are doing everything else.

If you add 285/70x17 to the BB or BD right at the Ford dealer you will sit about 0.7" lower than a badlands.

If you add 285/75/17 to BB/BD (don't know that is is doable yet) you will be almost even with BL, and within 0.7 of Sas.

Goes to show that everyone talking about the 2" Ford factory lift you can add to the Bronco will probably be just that. The Sas and BL don't seem to have a lift of sorts, its just bumpers/springs/whatever little changes that make up the basic suspension. You aren't going to "lose" anything by adding it to Sas, if you can.
On the BD, to clear the 75’s, I think at minimum it would take the aftermarket crash bars and possibly a 3/4” puck, similar to the JL puck you can get from RC.
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On the BD, to clear the 75’s, I think at minimum it would take the aftermarket crash bars and possibly a 3/4” puck, similar to the JL puck you can get from RC.
Yup, crash bars are a problem for sure. As far as a puck, 285/70s fit but with the extra height the 75s the 'bulge' might rub on the upper control arm. I am hoping for more of a 1/4" spacer. Any bigger and I will just get different rims or stay with 33s, not a fan of big spacers.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup, crash bars are a problem for sure. As far as a puck, 285/70s fit but with the extra height the 75s the 'bulge' might rub on the upper control arm. I am hoping for more of a 1/4" spacer. Any bigger and I will just get different rims or stay with 33s, not a fan of big spacers.
I’ll have to double check the 265 vs the 285/75, but the 285/75 is actually narrower than the 285/70

edit: same width, not wider, just double checked.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread F3AE6B55-8258-45E4-B8D4-619177259FA6
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 82E8A4BB-CBD7-402A-A02D-6D6BDAA61F8B

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll have to double check the 265 vs the 285/75, but the 285/75 is actually narrower than the 285/70
Well, the 285 part is the same which is the width in mm. Just the height changes with the ratio going form 70 to 75.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

l
Well, the 285 part is the same which is the width in mm. Just the height changes with the ratio going form 70 to 75.
I looked at so many tires I may have confused myself at some point. Lol. But this is the spacer I was talking about. Just enough to cram some in there. And if the crash bars are like the rangers, @Rick Astley posted the Ranger aftermarkets the other day that would take care of that problem.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 16AB1DE0-AE5C-438F-B2CE-4A1765BE01D5
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread CACF0B76-E096-497C-89DB-CC64638B4C64

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I looked at so many tires I may have confused myself at some point. Lol. But this is the spacer I was talking about. Just enough to cram some in there. And if the crash bars are like the rangers, @Rick Astley posted the Ranger aftermarkets the other day that would take care of that problem.
Ah, I see you were talking about lift spacers, I was talking about spcers behind the factory rims to push the tires out just a tad to clear the control arm. Gotcha.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ah, I see you were talking about lift spacers, I was talking about spcers behind the factory rims to push the tires out just a tad to clear the control arm. Gotcha.
Ohhhhh. Now we’re both on the same page. Lol. Yea I think this combo should give us the clearance without too much compromise. Anything bigger than those spacers and I’ll just lift the whole thing. But for wheeling on a budget, I think this will work to clear the 34’s.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It does look like that at first, but if you look under the 10 speed Auto section it says "322A: Standard". It's the standard and only transmission option available with the Mid Package (322A) on the Black Diamond. I fell for it too lol
Yes, I now see what you mean. You are most likely right. It's really sad that Ford doesn't want more of my money. If they don't allow mid with MT for MY22 (or at least a "cold weather package"), I may even switch back down to a base. I'm not giving up my MT or my steelies.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, I now see what you mean. You are most likely right. It's really sad that Ford doesn't want more of my money. If they don't allow mid with MT for MY22 (or at least a "cold weather package"), I may even switch back down to a base. I'm not giving up my MT or my steelies.
I hear ya. If I could get the mid with MT on the Black Diamond, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I live in Louisiana so no need for heated seats usually. MT is more important to me than anything, plus the BD gets me the viny seats and washout floors, which are clutch with little kids!

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have some recommendations for some 33s for a BD?

The 32s just look a touch on the small size, but I dont want to jump all the way up to a squach

Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 32s just look a touch on the small size, but I dont want to jump all the way up to a squach
Do they still look small to you? They seem alright in this video.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want to run 285/75/17s on my BD, but probably not on the stock 7.5 inch wheels, and I don't know if they would clear the UCA on the stock wheel.

Will try to get someone's 8 inch takeoffs down the road. Will most likely have a set of 255/80/17s ready to put on at the dealer before I take delivery. It's a size I have run before and like, and figure it will do short term while deciding what direction to go in as far as lift and tire size. I know the 255s will clear as is.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want to run 285/75/17s on my BD, but probably not on the stock 7.5 inch wheels, and I don't know if they would clear the UCA on the stock wheel.

Will try to get someone's 8 inch takeoffs down the road. Will most likely have a set of 255/80/17s ready to put on at the dealer before I take delivery. It's a size I have run before and like, and figure it will do short term while deciding what direction to go in as far as lift and tire size. I know the 255s will clear as is.
You and I are on the exact same page. I think it’ll take some creative engineering, but it should be affordable and possible with the aftermarket crash bars and a spring spacer like the one for the JL. I’m counting on RC to come through in that department. I would think the 7.5” wide wheel would work until you decide to upgrade.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread C40D090F-491B-448D-A66F-518B4E569552
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 9EC3CA54-D134-4B84-B8FE-213D5FD45063

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I have the Nitto Ridge Grapplers (32's) on my Ranger and love them! They have an aggressive look and are great for off roading yet are still very quiet on the street. Bought them online here from Tire Buyer.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread IMG_1405
Sponsored