Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a general question..... if you want to add an aftermarket Tow receiver instead of opting for the factory package......is it pretty standard for that to come with the necessary wiring for your trailer lights/breaks?
Sponsored

Kevers

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great question. From what I understand is you can add your own receiver but unless you select the factory tow package the wiring harness is deleted. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in and provide a confirmation if the harness is there or not without the tow package.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a general question..... if you want to add an aftermarket Tow receiver instead of opting for the factory package......is it pretty standard for that to come with the necessary wiring for your trailer lights/breaks?
You can get the wiring setup made specifically for the Bronco from etrailer or many other places, as of now it will just be a 4 pin not the 7 pin like the factory setup is

2021 Ford Bronco Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring - Curt (etrailer.com)

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry if this has been asked on this thread before....but, I'm looking for some running boards for my BD that does NOT require me to remove my factory rock rails....I've looked at the rough country steps, but im more interested in a full length running board. I looked at GoRhinio, and like a lot of the options, but none of them make it clear if I have to REPLACE the rock rails or if there's a running board that attaches TO the rock rails so I can have both.....

Anybody got anything?

OP
OP
Bronco21fan

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry if this has been asked on this thread before....but, I'm looking for some running boards for my BD that does NOT require me to remove my factory rock rails....I've looked at the rough country steps, but im more interested in a full length running board. I looked at GoRhinio, and like a lot of the options, but none of them make it clear if I have to REPLACE the rock rails or if there's a running board that attaches TO the rock rails so I can have both.....

Anybody got anything?
Check the archetype racing steps on this forum you will get a discount for being a forum member they have a couple mounting options to the factory rock rails I got the bolt style that require drilling but they make a clamp on style as well there up for preorder

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Check the archetype racing steps on this forum you will get a discount for being a forum member they have a couple mounting options to the factory rock rails I got the bolt style that require drilling but they make a clamp on style as well there up for preorder
Ok thanks I'm gonna try to search for that now.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

is there a specific thread on these you've seen?

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

any recent reviews of how capable the BD non sas is off rod ?

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tomorrow morning I’m picking up my BD at the dealer.
Area 51, 2.7 engine, soft top. I switched from MIC to get it this year, and bingo! I had ordered the base wheels and tires, but just had a 2” lift installed ready for Cooper 35’s and new wheels. (90 day back order from tire rack). Off Roadeo in NH showed me capabilities that I should have ordered, so now I customize. Mirror mounted LED lights, JBL sound bar, wheel well lights, Bimini top and a few more unnecessary ad ons. A small safe that mounts under the floor in the back, etc.
Doing the same thing with tires/lift
I am supposed to get my BD on or around 12/1 and hubby has the 2" lift kit purchased and has somehow convinced me that 35's are the only way to go... so picking out tires now.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
any recent reviews of how capable the BD non sas is off rod ?
I’ve had my 2 door BD for a month now and can say it is capable and fun off road. Before I elaborate, it’s important to note that I have the 2.3 with the 10 speed and advance t-case. I also had the dealer swap out the wheels and tires to 33” (285/70R17) Falken AT3Ws.

After driving it around town for week, I took it out to the desert west of Salt Lake City and played around on the rutted, potholed and rocky roads/trails. The base suspension surprised me with how well it soaks up rough terrain. We were tearing down unmaintained dirt roads at 45-50 mph and could have pushed it more but had some cargo I didn’t want bouncing around. It’s nimble, quick and solid. That day and last weekend we also climbed up and down steep, loose hills, off camber side hills and narrow passes. It easily tackled everything. I’m hoping to get out to “Little Moab” or Rattlesnake Gulch this weekend to see how it does at crawling. I expect it will do very well.

Before taking delivery, I had the mindset that I’d have to upgrade the suspension ASAP. After playing around off-road, I’m not in a rush. The only thing I’d like is more ground clearance, but I’d have the same want if I had ordered a BL.

Based on my experience with my 2 door and the 4 door BL 2.7 I drove at the Moab Off Roadeo, if I had a 2.7 or a 4 door I’d lift it at least 3” right away, because of the stupidly placed transmission brace under the 2.7 and the longer wheelbase of the 4 door.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Black Diamonds auto transmission is tucked up pretty high but has no skid plate protection.
We drive through brush and deep snow. Either of these while not necessarily causing damage can accumulate under a vehicle. My F150 has limited underbelly plates and does that.
Mud also can get up into such places. I am hoping for an after market trannie bash plate.

I think a stock BD would do most anything except be a "no fear" rock climber. But my timid self confidence could be the holdback more than the vehicle.
Sponsored