Sponsored

Black Diamond Bronco Thread

Deleted member 5035

For rocks and desert I think you'd do fine on a good AT or hybrid style. I've had good luck with Cooper St Maxx but the grabbers we supposedly are getting get good reviews too. I haven't had good luck with Goodyear's tbh.
I run Falken WildPeak AT3W on my old Land Rover and they have been great around here. Can't recommend them enough. Don't have experience with either the Cooper or Grabber but like you I tend to shy away from the Goodyears now.
Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Howdy y'all. 4dr Black Diamond reservation here. Planning on 2.7L with the mid package and still on the fence about the Sasquatch package as this will be the daily driver and long range road trip vehicle in our family. Live in the high desert of New Mexico so everything is a bit of a drive. I'm guessing there won't be a massive difference in road noise of the 33" AT vs the 35" MT but if anyone wants to chime in i'd appreciate thoughts. I run 32" AT on my Land Rover Series 3 but that's a whole different platform.
All depends on what style tire they run and the top/padding you choose. I thought I saw they were 35” BFG Mud terrains. Pretty tame for an aggressive tread. If the 32” tires are the generals, I’d be less than enthusiastic. Noisy for an A/T. So at that point, Potato.... Vodka. Same difference.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love the coopers, we run the discoverer ATP on the wife’s Rebel and they are fantastic. An excellent hybrid.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love the coopers, we run the discoverer ATP on the wife’s Rebel and they are fantastic. An excellent hybrid.
Nothing but love for them. I'm running at3 currently. Had the Maxx load E on my jku , they were heavy but great in weather and wheeling. Mud they cleaned with Rpm but you can't have everything lol.

Deleted member 5035

All depends on what style tire they run and the top/padding you choose. I thought I saw they were 35” BFG Mud terrains. Pretty tame for an aggressive tread. If the 32” tires are the generals, I’d be less than enthusiastic. Noisy for an A/T. So at that point, Potato.... Vodka. Same difference.

More than likely going dual top here and using the hard top for road trips but I totally understand where you are coming from. I'll just keep an eye out for the confirmed tire choice on the Sasquatch play the review reading game for a month afterwards.

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nothing but love for them. I'm running at3 currently. Had the Maxx load E on my jku , they were heavy but great in weather and wheeling. Mud they cleaned with Rpm but you can't have everything lol.
I like the at/3, but the extra footprint on the ATP does wonders off road for traction. And it’s crazy how great they wear and how quiet they are. Sucks that they are a discount tire exclusive.

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was between the Base w/ Sasquatch and the Black Diamond without, one locker is good enough and I'd prefer 33's w/ 4.27 axle to 35's w/4.7's, but got turned off with the rubber floor and vinyl seats, I want carpet and fabric (I'll probably never have the top fully off.) I'm hoping the Base Sasquatch comes in under Black Diamond $$

I could also do a Base w/o Sasquatch if the 4.27 rear locker is available as a stand alone option
I would bet money the rear locker will be available as stand alone upgrade for all models. Probably 600-700 extra

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Been lurking for a while, haven’t had a valid reason to post or comment until now.
I reserved a 2 door badlands, but think I’m going to do a black Diamond instead. Already talked to my dealer and he verified it can be changed before order time.

I liked what the badlands had to offer, but for the $6k price difference, I get better about getting a mid level badlands with the samsquanch package. I’m losing the larger screen (hopefully trail mapping isn’t exclusive to the 12” like FCA did with Off Road+ on the JL/JT), and the front Discos.

I figure (hoping) a mid level BD with samsquanch pack shouldn’t come in to much over the base badlands. I’m thinking 42-45k range.

going 2.7/10 spd. As much as I love wheeling a manual, I’m getting old and I’d rather just mash the skinny pedal anymore.

I’m torn between Antimatter and Carbon. AM really pops, but if it’s like the one that was posted the other day I’d rather play it safe.
it was tough deciding between the two. The badlands gives you the stronger front axle, lower gears, and front locker for $6K. I plan to put 33s on the BD, but don’t rock crawl, so I’m hopefully going to be OK. The badlands looks awesome though if it’s in the budget.

wont matter if your going squatch, but it should be a cheaper upgrade on the badlands as you’ve already paid for the front axle and locker

Sponsored

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After a lot of research I determined the 4dr Black Diamond w/Sasquatch, 2.7 and Auto is for me. Love the options for the price and the waterproof interior. I'm in Colorado and out running mountain trails year-round. I'll now have fun running the trails and doing some off-roading with the Bronco. Still deciding on color!

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When looking at the specs for Black Diamond there is conflicting information on ford.com. It says on one page that the Soft Top is Standard on the 2-Door and on another page Hard Top (2-Door) Molded-in-Color Carbonized Grey is listed under Appearance/Standard. Which is it?

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone here order through Bronco Dealer? I messaged him, but I'm guessing he's swamped with emails right now. I just need to know which dealer he's at. Also looking to reserve a Black Diamond since I'm guessing the Badlands will quickly creep into the 50's after options.
Not sure if this was answered. But I ordered through him. Got my email from him yesterday. Midway Ford

JH1026

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Yaris, 2016 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure if this was answered. But I ordered through him. Got my email from him yesterday. Midway Ford
Thanks, I got it sorted out with him last night. Appreciate the reply though!

chadrcr

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Colorado Z71 v8
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1594863853905
Sponsored