Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anybody have experience with one of those windshield deflectors? I don’t care for how they look, but my area gets bugs pretty bad in the summer and I’m hoping it will cut down on how nasty my windshield is going to get.
Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anybody have experience with one of those windshield deflectors? I don’t care for how they look, but my area gets bugs pretty bad in the summer and I’m hoping it will cut down on how nasty my windshield is going to get.
I was looking at those.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can we talk about the CAPABLE bumper? I feel like I'm the only person on this entire forum that stuck with the capable on my BD (or BL)......anybody here take delivery of a BD with the capable? I'm wanting to know if there's any aftermarket bull bar/winch options?

Also wanna know how the factory fog lights hold up?

Sponsored

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can we talk about the CAPABLE bumper? I feel like I'm the only person on this entire forum that stuck with the capable on my BD (or BL)......anybody here take delivery of a BD with the capable? I'm wanting to know if there's any aftermarket bull bar/winch options?

Also wanna know how the factory fog lights hold up?
I'm wondering the same thing. Particularly about the fog lights. With the confusion regarding these bumpers I wound up with the capable bumper as well (the website still said we got the modular when I ordered).

My experience with factory fogs has been less than stellar and I had intended to mount rigids into the modular bumper like I use in my truck.

I really didn't want to go to an aftermarket bumper just to add lights, but I fear that will become necessary now.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm wondering the same thing. Particularly about the fog lights. With the confusion regarding these bumpers I wound up with the capable bumper as well (the website still said we got the modular when I ordered).

My experience with factory fogs has been less than stellar and I had intended to mount rigids into the modular bumper like I use in my truck.

I really didn't want to go to an aftermarket bumper just to add lights, but I fear that will become necessary now.

Well, would you think you could switch OUT the factories with aftermarkets? So, same spot, same wiring, just a better light?

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, would you think you could switch OUT the factories with aftermarkets? So, same spot, same wiring, just a better light?
I'm not sure yet. My Bronco is a lat Jan build if it stays on track. The hurdle may be aftermarket mounting options.

I see a lot of business designing things for the modular bumper, but have yet to stumble on items for the "capable" bumper. Which makes sense, you're going to develop and build for what the market needs and there seem to be far more modular bumpers.

It is what it is I guess.

Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky. With QC being a mess at the plant I'm hoping someone messes and I wind up with the modular.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure yet. My Bronco is a lat Jan build if it stays on track. The hurdle may be aftermarket mounting options.

I see a lot of business designing things for the modular bumper, but have yet to stumble on items for the "capable" bumper. Which makes sense, you're going to develop and build for what the market needs and there seem to be far more modular bumpers.

It is what it is I guess.

Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky. With QC being a mess at the plant I'm hoping someone messes and I wind up with the modular.
Ha, well I'm supposed to be built this week, so maybe I'll get one too. But I actually like the looks of the capable, and I liked the idea of the factory fogs.

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bumping up the thread.

Sigma1180

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Mitsubishi Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it possible for someone to measure the dimensions of the eyelets or holes on the grill for me? Mine isn't supposed to come in for another week but I want to get a head start 3D printing some prototype brackets for raptor light mounts.

Thanks!

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know why the BD gets the worst (or some of the worst) mpg?

I saw on my window sticker that the mpg is 18 for my BD but for a BB it’s ~22, why is that?

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone know why the BD gets the worst (or some of the worst) mpg?

I saw on my window sticker that the mpg is 18 for my BD but for a BB it’s ~22, why is that?
Added weight of the metal bumper and bash plates as well as the standard 4.46 gears probably play into it.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BD curb weight is 4997 lbs (using 4 DR 2.7 metric)
BB curb weight is 4639 lbs (using 4 DR 2.7 metric)

so 358 lbs heavier, plus larger wheels/tires on BD 265/70/17 for more roll resistance
Sponsored