Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Nissan Xterra 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They list rear lockers as optional on some trims but fronts as only "included w/sasquatch" on any trim where they are not standard. Ergo, no optional front lockers.

You can take solace in the idea that there will likely be dealer installed lifts available from the jump if you want to have a win on this one.

Look, I understand and respect the desire to piecemeal the best parts of higher trims or backdoor into a manual with sasquatch, but it's just wishful thinking. Ford laid out the trims and option packages in a logical way and allowing you to just pick and choose every single option you want flies in the face of that.

Luckily we have a short wait until build and price is up and these kinds of discussions can end.
A "High-Clearance Suspension" is listed as a BD option, and on the model comparison chart it lists M210 Dana AdvanTEK at "Available." In this case it does not say "included with Sasquate Package." If that larger axle is an option, I could see a possible sway bar disconnect paired with it. Maybe.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A "High-Clearance Suspension" is listed as a BD option, and on the model comparison chart it lists M210 Dana AdvanTEK at "Available." In this case it does not say "included with Sasquate Package." If that larger axle is an option, I could see a possible sway bar disconnect paired with it. Maybe.
Had just talked about this with a friend yesterday. I believe that the 210 front axle will be paired with the front lockers. Realistically, if you wanted one of those, you'll want the other anyway.

It's on my personal build sheet as a $500-750 mandatory add-on if I am to stick with Black Diamond.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Again, we've been specifically told stabilizer bar disconnect will not be available on anything but Badlands and FE. It was asked and answered in the Ford twitter Q&A.

The spec sheet lists "HOSS system" as standard and "HOSS system with Bilstein Position Sensitive Dampers" as "available w/Sasquatch" on all trims but Wildtrak and FE where it is standard.

If you want to read the tea leaves on the model pages, it's pretty clear they just mixed the Sasquatch in with other options without specifying that they were only available with Squatch, even though they are.

For example, we've been told unequivocally that you cannot get 35s on any model without Squatch, yet 35s are listed under "optional" with no qualifiers.

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer said they'd buy the stock 32's off it when delivered and put 33's on it of my choosing. Would only give me 100 or so per tire on the take offs but that's much easier than taking them off and selling them online.

Question for the thread, someone posted above that only the carbonite gray top is available for the BD? We can't get a solid black hardtop? I had missed that in my reading or is the other poster incorrect?
Anyway a place like BIG O would take them and give a credit if you went straight there ?

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door black diamond, mid package, Cactus grey, black top, sticking with steel wheels for now, new to the off road world but this will be a nice DD? Yea ?
Would like to get 33 or 35s and a 2 inch lift from the factory if I can swing that.
sasquatch would be great but as a DD... should I?
hopefully the headlights have an option to upgrade.

Sponsored

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless you're a hard core off roader I'm not sure the upgrade to Badlands is worth the 6K. I've spent hours analyzing it and I know won't be doing anything super rough off road and the BD should be just fine. I could rationalize the upgrade for 2-3K. 6K is prohibitive.

We have a tendency to over think things I believe (I'm extremely guilty of this) and don't realize that even a base BD is far ahead of anything every straight factory produced to go off road on. Twenty years ago you had to spend a lot of time and money on aftermarket to get a vehicle with similar capabilities the BD will come off the showroom floor with.

I would argue the vast majority of us won't do much more than some regular off road trail riding that won't be extremely challenging to the vehicle, encounter snow and mud, and general around town driving. Step above mall crawling but not hard core rock crawling enthusiasts. Bet the vast majority of the broncos will be significantly over equipped for what will be asked for them. However, it's always nice to know that should you decide to go hard care, the vehicle you own can answer the call.
So you’re not going Sasquatch I’m guessing.

Parsa

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Nissan Xterra 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Again, we've been specifically told stabilizer bar disconnect will not be available on anything but Badlands and FE. It was asked and answered in the Ford twitter Q&A.

The spec sheet lists "HOSS system" as standard and "HOSS system with Bilstein Position Sensitive Dampers" as "available w/Sasquatch" on all trims but Wildtrak and FE where it is standard.

If you want to read the tea leaves on the model pages, it's pretty clear they just mixed the Sasquatch in with other options without specifying that they were only available with Squatch, even though they are.

For example, we've been told unequivocally that you cannot get 35s on any model without Squatch, yet 35s are listed under "optional" with no qualifiers.
I was looking at the model comparison sheet PDF. On there, the Sasquatch items are list as "Included w/Sasquatch Pkg." or "Optional or included w/Sasquatch Pkg." However, the larger axle just says "Available."
You're probably right about the "high-clearnce suspension" as it is listed that way in the Sasquatch Package info.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was looking at the model comparison sheet PDF. On there, the Sasquatch items are list as "Included w/Sasquatch Pkg." or "Optional or included w/Sasquatch Pkg." However, the larger axle just says "Available."
You're probably right about the "high-clearnce suspension" as it is listed that way in the Sasquatch Package info.
Well, that particular line item is set up differently and they may simply have not bothered to say, but regardless, the implication of all available info at best is that you can get the 210 separately, but you still can't get stabilizer disconnect, bilstein shocks (aka high clearance suspension), or front lockers without Squatch.

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm new here, first time posting. I absolutely love what Ford has done with the Bronco! It's like they interviewed Jeep owners, found out everything that pissed us off, and took care of the issues. I was planning on building 4 door JK and doing an LS engine swap, and then my son told me about the Bronco. I was sold from the debut. So I'm scrapping my JK build and getting a new Bronco.

I'm planning on getting the BD, Antimatter Blue, hard top, 2.7L / 10 speed, with the mid package. I'll be dumping the steelies and getting the black aluminum or aftermarket rims with 33s, depending on what pricing turns out to be better. Will get the 2" lift if necessary to fit the 33s.

I gotta say that I love the signature headlights (with the bar through them)! It has me contemplating the Badlands. But paying another 6K to get that look is not worth it (although I admit I am very tempted). I'm hoping some aftermarket parts will come out that I can get that look on the Black Diamond. (I want the rubberized floor and marine grade vinyl, so the OB isn't an option for me).

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would like to get 33 or 35s and a 2 inch lift from the factory if I can swing that.
sasquatch would be great but as a DD... should I?
hopefully the headlights have an option to upgrade.
I don't think there would be any issue daily driving a Sasquatch. IFS, coils, etc...this thing is gonna ride like a Fleetwood Brougham.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C55 amg
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
after reading up to page 32. Deciding to skip ahead. It may have been mentioned in the later pages.
Some really want the high package to be avail in the BD for the 12" screen.
In my preference, i would love to have the signature LED headlamps, unfortunately it is not even an option, that i can find...however. The Bad Lands has it as a option under the "Security" drop down on Ford website.

Do hope it is an option in the future. What would limit the BD compared to BB for LED option?
Is Ford internally considering BD to be more water durable (marine Vinyl/rubber floor mats/efficient drainage) that LEDs can be compromised if provided?

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is Ford internally considering BD to be more water durable (marine Vinyl/rubber floor mats/efficient drainage) that LEDs can be compromised if provided?
No it’s because they want you to spend the extra money on the Badlands.

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shout out from Escondido!

I asked about this in another thread and was told that “Any model that comes with a front locker uses the M210, so yes the Sasquatch package would include that.”

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Apologies if this has already been discussed (44 page long thread!)

But when I first reserved this, the specs sheet said 33 inch tires would be an option on the black diamond, but Ford's website doesn't say it anymore. I thought I was crazy and just misremembering but I checked my original notes and I had it listed as one of my reasons for the BD is that those would be an option.

Did Ford remove it?

Will we still be able to get them when we order?

With my current job, I won't have much time for DIY work so I was hoping to order from factory
Sponsored