Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Forgive me if I missed it but can you not get the Led Signature lighting on the Black Diamond?
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Forgive me if I missed it but can you not get the Led Signature lighting on the Black Diamond?
So far, it appears that you can't.

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

BOO!!!

Also I noticed that on the B&P If you try to look at the 360 interior view it shows a sport. HA!

XTurtle

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very happy with it so far.

only problem I have is whether I want steel or alloy wheels.

2dr, Oxford white, 2.7auto, mid, tow.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder if some of these things, like a heated steering wheel, might be separate items on order.

Sponsored

Deleted member 14617

Really? I thought that's what it's for.... Tell us more.
Unless something's changed that I don't know about, which is entirely possible, 4WD only helps you "go" on ice. It doesn't help you stop. I drove in MA for 9 years in a CRX. Once I put good tires on it, I did fine in the snow. And studded tires were even better.

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very happy with the B&P overall, even with some of the bugs. Below is where I was on July 15th and then where I am now after all my comparisons in B&P.
July 15th: BD, 4DR, 2.3L, Auto, A51 or Cactus Gray, MIC Hardtop, Mid Package, all available tech, Steel Wheels, Tow
Now: 4DR, maybe 2.7L, Auto, A51, MIC Hardtop, Mid Package, all available tech, Steel Wheels, Tow
After all the comparison builds and crunching the numbers and way too much time thinking about this it seems now that I knew what I wanted and how much I wanted to spend from the start.
Feature and Price advantages over other vehicles that I would have purchased:
Wrangler Willys 4DR: BD has better drivetrain, rear locker, much better tech and interior. I know the drive and ride will be miles ahead of the Jeep. Less expensive.
4Runner OR Premium: BD is much more rugged inside and out, updated drivetrain and less expensive.
Only Problem: I have to wait...

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unless something's changed that I don't know about, which is entirely possible, 4WD only helps you "go" on ice. It doesn't help you stop. I drove in MA for 9 years in a CRX. Once I put good tires on it, I did fine in the snow. And studded tires were even better.
I see your point now.

OP
OP
Bronco21fan

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I added the upgraded wheels for 995 not the best but better than the steelies also added cactus gray 2 door mid package rock sliders which was standered now they charging 595 this could be one of the website mistakes though I hope. I added the floor liners . Not sure about tow package does the tow package come with upgraded engine cooler if not I’m not getting tow. Sucks we can’t get white top

Sponsored

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody else like me considering the black diamond now because how good the optional wheels look lol
Yes I’m considering the black diamond (also for the interior) but noticed that the optional wheels come with M/T tires, instead of A/T tires with the standard wheels. So, not sure I want the M/T tires over the A/T tires. Of course, could just be a problem with B&P.

4FB20F88-809A-43B8-88F3-5691055F28FB.jpeg

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes I’m considering the black diamond (also for the interior) but noticed that the optional wheels come with M/T tires, instead of A/T tires with the standard wheels. So, not sure I want the M/T tires over the A/T tires. Of course, could just be a problem with B&P.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 4FB20F88-809A-43B8-88F3-5691055F28FB
Really? Hmmm.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You all may already know this but I thought I would pass this along because it explains the auto transmission in the B&P. Basically nobody should order the auto as a stand alone option. Order either the 2.7 engine or the advanced 4x4 and you basically get the auto for “free”. Since I budgeted 1K for advanced 4x4 and it ended up being $795.00 and I budgeted $1,600.00 for auto and it’s free I ended up saving $1,805.00 from my estimate. This post was from Spyderman01...

For those that were curious regarding the pricing of the automatic transmission, I saw this in the order guide.

10-Speed Automatic Transmission (NOTE: Standard on all 4-Door; Standard on all 2-Door with 2.7L Engine; Standard on 2-Door Advanced 4x4 with 2.3L Engine; Optional on 2-Door Standard 4x4 with 2.3L Engine; With 2.3L Engine – Includes Trail Control and Trail Turn Assist; With 2.7L Engine – Includes Trail Control, Trail Turn Assist and Trail One-Pedal Driving) Optional

It’s been two days so hopefully Ford doesn’t change this. Of course given everything else....

Yooperwheels

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Really? I thought that's what it's for.... Tell us more.
it is for off-road.

Positraction very useful off road as in high articulation situations with one wheel free in air, deep mud, deep snow, dune running, bad boat landings, being stuck, come to mind. not good on pavement (drive train binding), glare ice, light snow. In these very low traction situations both wheels on same axle spin (lose what ever marginal traction you had) and directional control is lost resulting in skid or spin out. This can happen without warning, in a nano second and lead to soiled underwear or much worse.

Not sure how the auto system on the Broncho will be programed, but the Ford auto system in the past has been programed to disengage at speed over 20 mph. Friend has complained that on his F150 it can be slow to disengage.

See https://www.blueovaltrucks.com/tech-articles/understanding-the-4wd-in-your-ford/

Yooperwheels

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think that's what that means. The advanced system can lock the front and rear axles together just like they would be with the manual 4WD. It is not a locker for either differential. That's a seperate option. Its more like an advanced All-Wheel drive system that switches to normal four wheel drive.
upon further review, I agree I absolutely agree. I got confused as I was trying to research the locking diffs and if they interacted with the "goat modes" or had to be selected separately. I am still confused about this. I have not seen a locking diff selection switch in any of the Broncho pics.

I really apologize if I lead anyone into my confusion.

The locking diff info on ice is still relavent for what it's worth
Sponsored