Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tomorrow morning I’m picking up my BD at the dealer.
Area 51, 2.7 engine, soft top. I switched from MIC to get it this year, and bingo! I had ordered the base wheels and tires, but just had a 2” lift installed ready for Cooper 35’s and new wheels. (90 day back order from tire rack). Off Roadeo in NH showed me capabilities that I should have ordered, so now I customize. Mirror mounted LED lights, JBL sound bar, wheel well lights, Bimini top and a few more unnecessary ad ons. A small safe that mounts under the floor in the back, etc.

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tomorrow morning I’m picking up my BD at the dealer.
Area 51, 2.7 engine, soft top. I switched from MIC to get it this year, and bingo! I had ordered the base wheels and tires, but just had a 2” lift installed ready for Cooper 35’s and new wheels. (90 day back order from tire rack). Off Roadeo in NH showed me capabilities that I should have ordered, so now I customize. Mirror mounted LED lights, JBL sound bar, wheel well lights, Bimini top and a few more unnecessary ad ons. A small safe that mounts under the floor in the back, etc.
congrats. what wheels are you going with?

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

congrats. what wheels are you going with?
Tires are Cooper LT315 / 70R-17 Discoverer AT3, wheels are GRID GD01 17x9 Black. (3 right and 2 left designs) Tire Rack, mounts, balances and ships as a unit. Includes tire pressure stems.

Sponsored

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tires are Cooper LT315 / 70R-17 Discoverer AT3, wheels are GRID GD01 17x9 Black. (3 right and 2 left designs) Tire Rack, mounts, balances and ships as a unit. Includes tire pressure stems.
just looked them up. NICE. i like them. different. i like different. how much for the full package?

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

just looked them up. NICE. i like them. different. i like different. how much for the full package?
I’m trying not to think about that. I should have just ordered the Sasquatch but too late now. Total package is $3,272. Over $1,000 less than the Sasquatch upgrade would have been. I do realize that Sasquatch is more than tire size. Trying not to think about that either. I’m an off road enthusiast, but having an F150 Lariat for 3 years only once did I take it off road. I plan to be much more adventurous with my bronco.

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you going to do the Off Roadeo? It’s right where you are, I think. I did NH, and I would highly recommend it.

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you going to do the Off Roadeo? It’s right where you are, I think. I did NH, and I would highly recommend it.
I should. I was in Austin last week for the F1 race. I’ve been so jaded on this bronco journey up until yesterday when I got a vin and build date in December. I’m reconsidering now. Thanks for the reminder. Forgot about the perks we as buyers have. Makes up for the journey we’ve been through.

Last edited:

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m trying not to think about that. I should have just ordered the Sasquatch but too late now. Total package is $3,272. Over $1,000 less than the Sasquatch upgrade would have been. I do realize that Sasquatch is more than tire size. Trying not to think about that either. I’m an off road enthusiast, but having an F150 Lariat for 3 years only once did I take it off road. I plan to be much more adventurous with my bronco.
Don’t worry. I got sas and thinking about new wheels. And a new front bumper since Ford took away the good bumper off my black diamond.

Sponsored

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
also I wanted to go green. I emailed my dealer a few days ago to drop the mod top. Thought about going eg but didn’t. To my surprise they dropped the mod top. And I have a vin. Guess I’m stuck with a vb 2 door. Couldn’t be happier. Everyone I know looks at me weird because I don’t normally smile. Can’t keep from smiling.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don’t worry. I got sas and thinking about new wheels. And a new front bumper since Ford took away the good bumper off my black diamond.
How much different is the new BD stock bumper ?

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered my BD last February. I had to convert to a 2022 model year. I will be getting a 2 dr Carbonized Grey Sasquatch 2.7 with Mid Package. Cant wait. I think the Black Diamond trim is really the best balance with Cost / On / Off road capability, and it has the retro looking grille which keeps it kind of old school too .

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are the upgraded BD wheels worth it ?