Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know I will be unhappy if I dont squatch...so the delta from teh two builds is large and then I add in the mid just cause for 1500....
The only thing I've thought about Sas package, is I'm not sure I want 35" tires. I currently have 31" tires on my F150, so I was thinking 33's might be the sweet spot for me. I've been reading around that those should fit my BD. I also thought about Sas, then selling the 35's and going to 33's, but in the end I still wouldn't have the interior I want, which I'd get more value out of than the Sas for my usage. ?‍♂

It's been a fun process to go through, that's for sure. Good luck.
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am 2D BD with steelies, headliner, mid, 2.7, nav, tow, silver. I'd really like the 12" screen although I don't care about surround view, and the headlight upgrade would be nice to have but not need to have. Would at least like the option. So I'm really just suffering with the smaller screen, which is OK.

Who knows, this could all change when we all end up with MY22 cars. More colors, bigger screen, I'm not too worried about current options because I'm convinced MY21 is phantomware anyway.
This is the part that is intriguing for me, since I'm a Grangetober reservation. I'm in the MY22, so what will Ford release for the second MY reservation holders? That could be interesting. Either way, I'll have my $2k under invoice from Granger. I feel there are going to be some new options in MY22 that I'll be happy I waited.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The only thing I've thought about Sas package, is I'm not sure I want 35" tires. I currently have 31" tires on my F150, so I was thinking 33's might be the sweet spot for me. I've been reading around that those should fit my BD. I also thought about Sas, then selling the 35's and going to 33's, but in the end I still wouldn't have the interior I want, which I'd get more value out of than the Sas for my usage. ?‍♂

It's been a fun process to go through, that's for sure. Good luck.

I have 35's now, I dont want to go lower. It is a bit of an addiction/compulsion, also, those 35's when aired down to 15psi do real well in soft sugar sand I often drive in.

Good luck to you too.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel there are going to be some new options in MY22 that I'll be happy I waited.
I'd like some new options, but I also have no use for the Bronco until this time next year anyway. So win-win if I end up with a MY22. Also might give me a chance to see some colors in person which could sway me away from "safe silver."

Until this COVID mess is cleaned up I don't need to leave the house in bad weather so my current cars are fine when it's just cold but not messy.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me, it's going to be non squach 4 door with most all available options. I've never 4 wheeled before, so i will be the weakest link for a long time before what i will do is too hard for the bronco. Hopefully we'll know more about the factory lift when it's released to the b&p. If it's just a spacer lift, I'll stick to stock and put 33s on it if possible and do an actual suspension lift later.

Sponsored

blumtn

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 Toyota 4x4, '93 FJ80, '01 F250 4x4, '86 FXRS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really like the BD, and especially the 32s on steelies. But, I recently decided that I want the mid pkg and that's unavailable with the manual. So, BL it is for me, at least until I change my mind again.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After driving an F-150 and putting it into Sport mode I am changing from a Badlands to a Black Diamond. Reason is the difference between having Sport mode (2x4) on Black Diamond and Baja mode (4x4) on Badlands. I am already set on Sasquatch and just want the mid package, so gonna save me some money. I'll deal with the swaybar disconnect with aftermarket or a wrench. Plus I am a skier and the Black Diamond decal is up my alley.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My current dilemma (every day it seems to change lol) is BD vs. BB. I like the look of the MIC roof, grey grill and grey wheels with sig lighting on the BB, especially with Cactus Gray. I like the Interior of the BD, I like the tires better, but don't like the rims.

Do I buy the BB and go for aftermarket tires, and maybe a bumper and seat covers?
or...
Do I buy the BD and go for aftermarket wheels and exterior lights?

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I do end up keeping my reservation. Then I think I've come back around to sticking with my reserved Black Diamond. I've decided that I can live without the high package, and have almost talked myself out of the Sasquatch package now.

I'm looking at a Velocity Blue 4 door Black Diamond 2.7, Auto, Advanced 4x4, Mid package, towing, Headliners and floor liners...and some 33s on those Steel wheels if I don't go Sasquatch.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At first I thought I would get an OB which I refer to as the "fluffy" Bronco. I realized I was going to go to the beach a lot and get the Bronco dirty and that evolved into a BD. I chose fun over fluff. Rack for my bike, pipe doors etc. and the MG seats will be perfect.

Sponsored

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally reserved a Base because information was hard to come by early on (July 15 reserve date.) But now I'm deadset on Black Diamond as it gives me everything I'll ever need, and more as I am not a HUGE off-roader at the moment. I plan to become more involved in off-roading, living here in Arizona there is no shortage of places to explore.

That said, my build looks like this: BD, Cactus Grey, 2.7 AT, SAS, Mid, MIC Top (currently going back and forth on 2dr vs. 4dr. 4dr was the plan all along, but my wife recently started telling me to just get exactly what I want.) We don't have kids, though have been trying. I figured the 4dr was more practical, but we have a Tundra for hauling things. As both of us are designers, we are drawn to the 2dr look and proportions, and will be more than enough for our day-to-day needs.

I also feel like the BD is also the best bang-for-your-buck, and will have great resale value, if ever need be. I can't imagine on the second-hand market people justifying paying more for used WildTrak or Badlands models when Black Diamond gives you 90% of what they're offering. Plus, it seems like there's going to an abundance of those on the road anyhow
If I do end up keeping my reservation. Then I think I've come back around to sticking with my reserved Black Diamond. I've decided that I can live without the high package, and have almost talked myself out of the Sasquatch package now.

I'm looking at a Velocity Blue 4 door Black Diamond 2.7, Auto, Advanced 4x4, Mid package, towing, Headliners and floor liners...and some 33s on those Steel wheels if I don't go Sasquatch.
this is what I am looking at as well. Can’t decide on SAS or the optional 2” lift. I have a new color every day. VB, Cactus Gray, White, Area 51 lol

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have all of the same must haves as you, but I do not agree that Black Diamond is a good value once we add all of those upgrades to it. If you were keeping that BD build in the low 40s with no Sasquatch, steel wheels, etc. that’s a different story, but as spec’d:

BD + 2.7 + Squatch + Mid + MIC: $49415
Same options BL: $52665

You're getting:

Signature Lighting - these lights define the new bronco. It’s like having a Wrangler without its signature grille.

Much nicer grille - the BD grille screams cheap base model

Premium interior - the BD interior has a lot more cheap plastic vs more soft MGV in the badlands.

High Level Instrument Panel

Sway bar disco

Without being able to sit in these vehicles or see them side-by-side you’re taking a huge risk that your $50k vehicle is going to look and feel like a cheap base model on 35s. I’m spending a little more to get the premium model.

Last edited:

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wait the MGV is different from BD versus BL other than the two tone BD versus all black BL?

BroncoJones

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait the MGV is different from BD versus BL other than the two tone BD versus all black BL?
I think the seat material is the same grade. There is speculation that the BL has MGV on some of the door surfaces and the dash where the BD may have harder/cheaper plastics. Most of this is based of images of prototypes thus far but again, prototypes.

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Sasquatch package is not only about the lift and wheels. You get an upgraded suspension , 4.7 final gear ratio, and also front lockers.
So those additionals: Upgraded Suspension, 4.7 final gear ratio and front lockers I presume are for better off-roading. Seeing that 95%+ of the time I don't plan on off-roading, but I do just want a "meatier" look to my Bronco, do you think someone like me would be better suited for just the lift and add bigger tires and wheels aftermarket?
Sponsored