Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2009 Mazda RX-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ECU is speed density, so venting boost to atmosphere has zero effect on mileage, nor will it affect idle/throw a code etc.

Having said that..operating a bypass valve in VTA on a truck baffles me (makes more sense for a boosted sports car owned by Vin Diesel) but to each his own...
Sponsored

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My friend installed a turbo smart dual port BOV on his 2.7 badlands. He mentioned to me that the was concerned about a faint engine knock at idle after the vehicle was warmed up. This was a couple weeks after install. 2 months later he said it was bothering him. I told him to take it off and put the stock one back on and take it for a drive. After he installed the factory one, the knock sound was gone.

Im not so sure that the dual port version performs as advertised so that the sound and plant back needs are met. I plan on a full plumb back BOV once my hot/cold charge piping get here. Already have the whipped intercooler on it. Then I’ll get the ford tune or look into custom tune.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a kid I use to attach playing cards to the fork on my bicycle………didn’t help or hurt performance but I thought it sounded cool 😎

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No. That's not how turbos work.
What do you mean? A turbo can absolutely make boost for extended periods of time. A 2.3 badlands sasquatch or manual trim could be in positive pressure on the highway indefinitely.

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What do you mean? A turbo can absolutely make boost for extended periods of time. A 2.3 badlands sasquatch or manual trim could be in positive pressure on the highway indefinitely.
I'm saying whether you're in boost or vacuum will have nothing to do with the trim of the Bronco. It's strictly the load your putting on it.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Simple way to tell, put your boost gage on. You are on boost when you're on throttle. Sure, if you're going down the highway with constant pressure on the accelerator you may be making .2-1psi constantly but we're talking about 7+psi to make whooshy noises anyway. If you log it, you make boost for very short periods of time.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Someone needs to get this and let us know if it really sounds like this on the street and not just on the Dyno. That 2jz blow off sound. 😊

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm saying whether you're in boost or vacuum will have nothing to do with the trim of the Bronco. It's strictly the load your putting on it.
Oh, yeah of course. I'm just saying certain trims/configurations will be under higher load in top gear.

A manual base and a manual badlands will vary in effective gearing, weight, aero, etc.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone needs to get this and let us know if it really sounds like this on the street and not just on the Dyno. That 2jz blow off sound. 😊
It does.

Sponsored

fdchief

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch, 1995 F250, 2018 Rebel R2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so i totally just bought one simply because hearing the youtube video took me back about 20 years when i built my first "tuner car"..... which was a srt4..... ill prolly run it for shiggles then take it off, but for nostalgia factor alone i had to buy it.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We initially installed the UPR BOV spacer which worked great. It still utilizes the stock recirculating BOV but allows the air to be vented to atmosphere giving it that PSSSSHHHHH sound.

Eventually once we tuned the vehicle with the Whipple calibration and were making more boost than stock we installed the Turbosmart dual port valve which also worked great for us.

Both are very easy to install and had no issues whatsoever.

For me if I were staying at stock boost levels I feel the BOV spacer is a no brainer. For those that tune their vehicles going with a top tier BOV from Turbosmart is what I'd recommend.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you guys with.

Sponsored