Bought NEW '22 Badlands and Having RAMPANT Alarm Issues

TheRoadWarrior

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger (She's the last of the V8's)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Awesome! Thanks! Here’s hoping it’s solved.
Hey its now Monday and hasn't gone off since I lowered the hood stops so thinking its fixed.
Sponsored

Thingfish

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Area 51 High pkg - no Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey its now Monday and hasn't gone off since I lowered the hood stops so thinking its fixed.
Good to know!! Ours mysteriously stopped for a week, then happened twice yesterday…contacted Ford, but will try the hood stops too.
Sounds like folks are getting the sensor replaced. There is another thread in the tech section that Ford is responding to if yours comes back.

TheRoadWarrior

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger (She's the last of the V8's)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

DallanW

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mines had hood alarm issues too. Lowering the hood stops a little more may have stopped it but I have an appt in a week with dealer.

Sponsored

Arvidian

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have had the same thing. I lowered the stops yesterday and will see how it goes today. It's done it around the same time everyday; about 30-45 minutes after I get done my commute in the afternoons only. If that doesn't work, I'll follow suit and get an appointment at my dealer for a new latch.

Bipp

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought my Outer Banks two weeks ago and the alarm goes off a couple of times each day and I also receive messages from Ford Pass about alarms that didn't actually happen. I called my dealer after reading numerous threads about the hood alarm issue and the service guy actually tried to blame it on rodents. That is right, he said I probably have a rodent problem and the sensor was probably gnawed on. This is the same service department that told me last week, when I called about a flat tire from a rod going in the sidewall, that I would have to drive 45 minutes to give them my credit card so they could order the new tire. They couldn't take the card over the phone, I needed to drive 45 minutes there and 45 minutes back, so they could get the card before they would order.

OP
OP
badlandstonka

badlandstonka

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought my Outer Banks two weeks ago and the alarm goes off a couple of times each day and I also receive messages from Ford Pass about alarms that didn't actually happen. I called my dealer after reading numerous threads about the hood alarm issue and the service guy actually tried to blame it on rodents. That is right, he said I probably have a rodent problem and the sensor was probably gnawed on. This is the same service department that told me last week, when I called about a flat tire from a rod going in the sidewall, that I would have to drive 45 minutes to give them my credit card so they could order the new tire. They couldn't take the card over the phone, I needed to drive 45 minutes there and 45 minutes back, so they could get the card before they would order.
Sorry to hear that. The quality of customer service on these Broncos doesn't match up with what we are paying for them, call me entitled if you want.

I bought my Bronc from a dealership two hours away and I'll be damned if I drive back there for any servicing, fortunately the local dealership here checked my Bronco out on an unrelated issue with no problems.

I feel bad for the folks that are being turned away by dealerships they didn't purchase their Bronco at. We should start a running list of dealerships with crappy service and air them out. They'll change their act up if we put some action to it.

JMUDrew4

Wildtrak
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I direct messaged Ford here and they assigned me a case # and said Ford would be reaching out. After a week, Ford Support finally called me today and asked me if I was at the dealership. Clearly they were confused. I ended up just scheduling something with the dealership I purchased from.
Sponsored