Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those who aren't in "the know" social media (twitter, ig, tiktok etc.) someone asked Mike Levine "Can I purchase a hardtop in the future after ordering my 4-door bronco with a soft top." his reply, "No, bronco models with soft tops are not equipped with the necessary connections to support the rear windshield wiper assembly."

I wanted to make people aware if they were not already, important to note, he said the wiper assembly one could assume this is the motor and the electronics/wiring. So essentially you could still do it but you wont have a rear wiper.

Also another note... what a terrible design flaw imo. wranglers at least are wired and have that little compartment that holds the wiring for the rear windshield if and when someone wants to get a hardtop.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rear wipers and washers are over rated, if you can't drive without them, turn in your driver's license...
I agree but to each their own. I rarely use my rear one on my semi sloped rear hatch of my Suburu but perhaps the blocky lines of the Bronco might cause more of an issue.

Can any Wrangler owners attest to this? I'm planning on trying out the soft top and later upgrading to hard top if I'm not satisfied.

Reactions: RLW

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Rear wipers and washers are over rated, if you can't drive without them, turn in your driver's license...
Agree 100%. Literally deleted the rear wiper from my RS immediately after getting it.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fascinated that all manner of trucks and vans have no fear window! How do they do it? 🙄

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where you been? I bet there are a dozen threads. But welcome.....
One thing he mentioned is Jeep has the rear wiper hookup if you want to add a hardtop later on. The other threads are saying they don't.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One thing he mentioned is Jeep has the rear wiper hookup if you want to add a hardtop later on. The other threads are saying they don't.
We've had jeep owners walk out and check recently, confirming no.

Sponsored

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The road spray that carries up onto my back window in my Ford Edge would make it positively opaque all winter long. It's terrible in the rain too.

Yes, you could drive with just the side mirrors, but it's nowhere near as useful as having that back window nice and clear from snow and rain.

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We've had jeep owners walk out and check recently, confirming no.
What? the wiper hookup and power is ran on the back right of the vehicle its tucked under. I guess i am the only one in the world that didnt know you could go hardtop (2022) to soft but cannot go soft to hard...

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Jeep has the wiring and plumbing in there now that's new. It never was when you bought your Wrangler with soft top only. You can buy the harness and all that to install later, but last time I checked (last year at my local dealer) there was nothing there. And owners confirmed the same (and complained on the jeep forum for years).

I agree it's stupid NOT to just have the same harness in all models, but even if it's only $20 in material and labor, that adds up. And later you can charge even more for it, so more cash to take to the bank.

For a while it seemed as if Ford would do it the 'nice' way, sadly later on it was confirmed that the wiring etc will not be there if you order soft top only.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

that wiper is a joke anyway .... have you seen the size of it and the area it covers? LMAO
I hope in the future gen's they will mount it to the top of the shell instead of the bottom of the glass!

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where you been? I bet there are a dozen threads. But welcome.....
ahaha the guy who says "not in the know" literally the last one on this forum to know
Sponsored