First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Toyota. Start with a far better build quality and you won't have so many problems.

Downside to Toyota is that they are resistant to change, which leans into better reliability but makes their vehicles feel outdated.

I'm still a Ford guy but I have to admit that Ford has never built anything as well made as the 4Runner we had. It's not even close.
Exactly this. Toyota=Bullet proof, but a little boring. New LC looks promising though

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate brand loyalty but consider diversifying a bit and see for yourself. I agree it’s a bit luck of the draw so I’d say buy what you like. I’ve had complicated German cars I never put a dollar in. And an Infiniti that was a POS. But Toyotas are built to run forever I agree.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Could also be a generational problem. And why should the younger generation care that much. 33-Trillion$ of debt and screaming higher every minute. We're borrow/spending them into oblivion
Wow, true but scary!

OP
OP
Psny

Psny

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, F two fiddy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Considering all your vehicle problems. Maybe its the driver and not the Brand
Gotta be one, if you knew what you were talking about you'd know all these issues are common Ford problems not isolated cases. I guess the driver issue is continuing to purchase them.

Last edited:

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Dr BD SQ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Gotta be one, if you knew what you were talking about you'd know all these issues are common Ford problems not isolated cases. I guess the driver issue is continuing to purchase them.
In recent years Ford's quality problems are well documented
. . and this link to WSJ article

But here in B6G there are lots more than one. You'll get a whole troupe of acolytes with their canned responses "All manufacturers have problems" etc

Unfortunately the data are in. Over past 5-years Ford's quality has been one of the lowest. Most Ford vehicles are great and have no problems. Then it's a dream. If you get a lemon maybe best to just sell/trade and try again with a new one

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Toyota is not immune to problems, it's luck of the draw.

Between an 04 & 19 Siennas and an 05 Tacoma over than last 20 years we've had...

Failed power door latch (04 Sienna)that ended up destroying the door ($2500 out of pocket). Toyota later recalled it but would only reimbursed the cost of the $125 latch. It was brought the the dealer multiple times under warranty to address before it took the door out after the warranty period.

Failed fuel pump (19 Sienna). Took a dump going down the freeway, was later part of a several million vehicle recall.

Burned fan plug and fan resistor (05 Tacoma) it's pretty common of you peruse Tacoma world. Crappy design leads to high resistance and burning things. If you're lucky you melt just the plug, if not you cook the fan resistor.

While, not ours, a friend is dealing with failed infotainment on a pre-Covid 2020 CRV among other quality issues like rattling side mirrors.

Now I'll just put my flame suit on because how dare I say the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Toyota isn't immune. I had an '02 Tundra that I blew an engine (hole in piston) and was having transmission problems @75k miles when I traded it in for my '13 F350. The F350 isn't without it's issues (New EGR cooler @72k miles, new turbo @140k miles are the biggest), but it's had a much harder life than the Toyota ever did.

I will say Toyota treated me right when the engine went. It was out of warranty, but they comped me a new short block, I had to pay for labor for the swap. I doubt Ford would do that if the same happened.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I researched jeeps on an obsessive level 3 or 4 years ago when I was looking for a low mileage TJ. The amount of pretty serious issues that Jeep ignored just on the TJ years alone was insane. OPDA issue, cracked heads, TCM issues, manual popping out of gear…non stop stuff. The wrangler forums were just as full of frustrated members as the Bronco. That was for a vehicle that had been around forever and still had endless problems. So poor quality and the corporate wide attitude of ignoring its customer base is not just a ford issue for sure. I think it’s sadly more prone to all the American automakers than Japanese makers.

Ford is in year 3 of a entirely new vehicle and manufacturing started in the midst of the worst global pandemic in modern times so they do have a bit of an excuse with a rocky start. There is no excuse going forward though.

I am NOT a ford fanboy or apologist but I am truly hoping they pull their heads out and get a lot better on the customer support front because I want the bronco to be a huge success. I love the bronco even knowing full well the bumpy road I might have, I just hope I get a good one.

I will say though, regardless of how I feel about the bronco…if Toyota ever makes a faithful remake of the FJ40….so long Ford!!!

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford builds desirable cars because they can't build good cars. I'd either have a Toyota or an Outback if I cared about good; instead I have a Bronco I love. I just hope it don't sh*t the bed on me. So far so good! 🤩

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lol. You are the one. You got that part right.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will say though, regardless of how I feel about the bronco…if Toyota ever makes a faithful remake of the FJ40….so long Ford!!!
Was literally just saying this to my neighbor, who bought a 2dr WT last night. As long as it wasn't too expensive, right? If they built one for ~$60k that was competitive with the BL Sas, I would have to really consider life choices... lol 🤐

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a Chevy man. My 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 is still running strong with 354,000 miles. But Chevy doesn’t have anything that compares to the Bronco. I have owned a couple of Fords before, and have some concerns. But since the Bronco will not be my daily driver, I rationalize that I would give Ford another try.
You take that back. Alabama’s a Ford state!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

354,000 miles? Wow, they should put you in a commercial.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toyota is not immune to problems, it's luck of the draw.

Between an 04 & 19 Siennas and an 05 Tacoma over than last 20 years we've had...

Failed power door latch (04 Sienna)that ended up destroying the door ($2500 out of pocket). Toyota later recalled it but would only reimbursed the cost of the $125 latch. It was brought the the dealer multiple times under warranty to address before it took the door out after the warranty period.

Failed fuel pump (19 Sienna). Took a dump going down the freeway, was later part of a several million vehicle recall.

Burned fan plug and fan resistor (05 Tacoma) it's pretty common of you peruse Tacoma world. Crappy design leads to high resistance and burning things. If you're lucky you melt just the plug, if not you cook the fan resistor.

While, not ours, a friend is dealing with failed infotainment on a pre-Covid 2020 CRV among other quality issues like rattling side mirrors.

Now I'll just put my flame suit on because how dare I say the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
I'm glad somebody said it. They might still be a step ahead of Ford but Toyota is coasting on an old reputation. Dig a little deeper and modern Toyotas have tons of problems too.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now to be serious, interesting discussion.

I think it’s safe to say all manufacturers have some issues, even Toyota, so be careful of that Kool-Aid many of you are drinking.

What is important, to the OPs point is how the manufacturer responds to issues and I’m a strong believer that brand loyalty should be acknowledged and respected.

My opinion of Toyota is, boring vehicles for boring people. Nothing they make has a soul. When you don’t change engine architecture for over 20 years, sure, I expect it to be perfected. But, 2023 with a 6 speed AT? Come on.

This Bronco is my first Ford, but I have to say, always have admired how Ford evokes emotion and passion. The truck guys for sure have that passion, the Mustang guys, their history in Motorsport, being a top 5 engine builder on the planet and maybe top 3 of all time, if not #1; all of it, it’s special and I feel it and honestly so do all of you no matter what your history with the brand has been.

This is my first American made vehicle and honestly I’m proud to own it and I feel proud to drive it. Not fancy, not snobby, not special, but proud.

Hell, Ford gets a ROLL TIDE! :)
Sponsored