ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 22 Wildtrak and I have issues with slow, downhill stops as well. Honestly, it was one of the things that I changed my driving habits and have learned to avoid. It has been a while since I noticed it as a result, but when I first bought the truck it did scare me as I attempted to stop at the bottom of my driveway and the truck continued a slight roll.
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hmm.. Wildtrak seems to be a common theme, but I couldn't tell you why it would be any different than any other 2.7

OP
OP
Sesquac

Sesquac

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are working with? I would like to take a closer look at your brake concerns.
Can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are working with? I would like to take a closer look at your brake concerns.
Hey Ford...did you ever check on this? I have yet to hear from my dealership...and it looks like from the posts this is an issue with many people. Thanks for any insight and help with this issue.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I lose all functions of braking system until that sound kicks in and stops the bronco.
That is in fact the electric parking brake. When the system realizes the brakes aren't functioning it sets the parking brake. I had an ABS unit failure at 10k miles. In my case it was a total and immediate failure when trying to stop for a red light. Was fun when the parking brake set itself and I ended up facing the wrong way in a snowy intersection. Mine lost brakes altogether, but yours is definitely on its way out and I wouldn't drive it until it's fixed. I got lucky and it happened 200 feet from the dealer.

OP
OP
Sesquac

Sesquac

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is in fact the electric parking brake. When the system realizes the brakes aren't functioning it sets the parking brake. I had an ABS unit failure at 10k miles. In my case it was a total and immediate failure when trying to stop for a red light. Was fun when the parking brake set itself and I ended up facing the wrong way in a snowy intersection. Mine lost brakes altogether, but yours is definitely on its way out and I wouldn't drive it until it's fixed. I got lucky and it happened 200 feet from the dealer.
Very interesting! Glad you're ok and it was nothing worse that happened. Mine has 7,500 miles on it and I've been noticing this for about a month now. When I talked to dealer they said they hadn't heard of this...so this forum has been enlightening and hopefully they won't come back as "we don't know...everything checks out".

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sesquac

Sesquac

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Welp....Ford just called....couldn't duplicate the issue. Gonna test it by myself AGAIN for the 100th time then call them back and get them to drive with me. Keep you updated!

OP
OP
Sesquac

Sesquac

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here is what I've diagnosed: it only happens when the brakes are cold (first time I use them). After it's warm I cannot replicate the issue. Seems like it is still a safety issue to me. Have another call into Ford. The saga continues.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Ford...did you ever check on this? I have yet to hear from my dealership...and it looks like from the posts this is an issue with many people. Thanks for any insight and help with this issue.
Christina, our local Ford presence is nothing but a intern-bot hybrid. They are good for 2 things: 1. Offering complements on posted pictures, and 2. Asking for your VIN and then doing nothing. I hope you get your brake issue sorted out but don't count on any help from the bot-intern.

OP
OP
Sesquac

Sesquac

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Christina, our local Ford presence is nothing but a intern-bot hybrid. They are good for 2 things: 1. Offering complements on posted pictures, and 2. Asking for your VIN and then doing nothing. I hope you get your brake issue sorted out but don't count on any help from the bot-intern.
Ha. Yeah figured. Ridiculous...

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hmm, this sounds kind of what mine 22 WT does. If I park on my driveway nose down (driveway is sloped) and start it up, keep my foot on the brake and release the E brake, it rolls forward a little and stops. Weird feeling, and my F-150 never did anything like that parked in the same location.
Here is what I've diagnosed: it only happens when the brakes are cold (first time I use them). After it's warm I cannot replicate the issue. Seems like it is still a safety issue to me. Have another call into Ford. The saga continues.
These are the same issues I’ve had when disengaging the parking brake on an incline. I started this thread a few weeks ago to see if anyone had similar issues

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/parking-brake-behavior.88379/

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sesquac

Sesquac

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These are the same issues I’ve had when disengaging the parking brake on an incline. I started this thread a few weeks ago to see if anyone had similar issues

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/parking-brake-behavior.88379/
I'm going to try this tomorrow and see if mine does the same thing you are talking about when disengaging the parking brake. I would be ok with my issue if it didnt have the possibility of running someone over when I've stopped and it still rolls forward a foot. 🤦‍♀️

212Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same exact situation with my 2021 FE 4Dr Bronco. 28k miles on mine. Not sure how long it's been a factor because I've only recently brought it up north where there are hills.
First start... Or if the trucks been sitting all day... Roll out of my driveway which is a steep incline (this is key to replicate) come to a full stop... Wait 1-2 seconds (so brakes worked) then I roll forward about 1 foot (pedal feedback doesn't change) then audible engagement of the ebrake... Then I take a deep breath and hope it doesn't happen again

If anyone has answers that would be great. Ford can't seem to find the issue.

OP
OP
Sesquac

Sesquac

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same exact situation with my 2021 FE 4Dr Bronco. 28k miles on mine. Not sure how long it's been a factor because I've only recently brought it up north where there are hills.
First start... Or if the trucks been sitting all day... Roll out of my driveway which is a steep incline (this is key to replicate) come to a full stop... Wait 1-2 seconds (so brakes worked) then I roll forward about 1 foot (pedal feedback doesn't change) then audible engagement of the ebrake... Then I take a deep breath and hope it doesn't happen again

If anyone has answers that would be great. Ford can't seem to find the issue.
Yep! Ford never could replicate it...mainly because they weren't taking it on a slope when brakes were cold. It does it EVERY single time I turn on Bronco and leave my street (downward slope) Ford swears there is nothing wrong. I beg to differ.

OP
OP
Sesquac

Sesquac

Wildtrak
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's a huge safety issue as the Bronco does not stop rolling until a foot. I always have to be sure I'm far enough from street when I come to a stop. Ridiculous. Ford thinks I'm crazy.

212Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's a huge safety issue as the Bronco does not stop rolling until a foot. I always have to be sure I'm far enough from street when I come to a stop. Ridiculous. Ford thinks I'm crazy.
That's exactly how I'm driving. Plenty of distance between me and the next one. I'm taking it in on Monday and will talk to them about how they intend to test because you're 100% right. Without an incline there is no issue.
Sponsored