Sponsored

Brand Manager says no white tops MY21 - what are planning to do if you had a color that was picked for a white top combo? Probably impacts AMB camp

For those getting AMB, and plan on getting a white painted hardtop, what will you do if it’s not ava

• Total voters

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm not sure what age has to do with it but have you entertained the idea that he may be right?

White tops may be popular on this forum but will they be as popular with everyone else? Not everyone is in on the "nostalgia" of the Bronco or feels a "real" Bronco needs a white roof.

Also...there could be a number of other reasons why it's not offered. Supply changes and delivery schedules are some of them. I doubt Ford just forgot about white tops until someone here mentioned it.
Ford already pushed the Bronco back once, if they couldn't deliver based on supply issues then they should have waited since Covid hasn't been eradicated just because of the release video. My opinion only, but if you put a white top on the lot most customers would take it over a gray MIC unless it was a price dependent decision but we're talking Bronco's where a $5k squatch package is a requirement and builds run up to $60k for a very, very nostalgic looking vehicle. If Ford had designed this with no nod to the past then fine, top it how you want but even now it's being shown at Bronco reunions, not stand-alone shows, they are very much playing off the past with this and then refuse to give one of its biggest features without so much as an explanation? I shouldn't have to guess what Ford is doing with a $45k build, if that's the case what else did they forget to tell me?
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can understand if there are production reasons, but then just be honest. Don’t string us along...don’t talk down to us by saying you’re listening if you’re not. Tell us they are delayed....tell us we can order the white top at a discount later. While I am not a fan of FCA, but I feel those behind the Jeep brand don’t jerk around their customer base like this.
They haven't officially said anything. For all you know B&P may come out in 5 minutes with white being an option.

Maybe there is a delay....but guess what....it's still almost 6 months before the first, customer destined, Bronco rolls off the line. A lot can change. Maybe by then they're offering 30 piece modular roofs, with built in AC, a 30" Tv panel, in any damn colour you want. No one truly knows yet.

Jeep isn't "jerking" anyone around because the Jeep is already out there. This is a brand new vehicle and you're watching the evolution of that.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can understand if a White MIC top is not an option due to discoloration due to UV.
However, to not offer the white painted modular top would be an incredibly bad decision.
Ford charges more for the painted modular top, offering the white painted modular top keeps enthusiasts engaged, offering the choice between black or white painted modular tops probably gets more people to select that upgrade.
The time/cost to paint a white modular top vs. a black modular top is negligible.
Marrying up the correct top with the correct VIN on the assembly line has nothing to do with the top’s color, type, construction, or whatever.
It looks like (for the most part) that Bronco Design Team did great.
However, horrible management (fiscal choices, communications management, infrastructure management (IT) and forecasting/projections are now eating Ford alive because they missed the mark so badly in those areas.

FTFRS

Depends on the final color choice I make, and also B&P. I think the MIC top goes decently with A51 and CG and CG, probably my top 3 choices of color right now. Will need to figure out if going for the dual top option is worth it to me as well. And I'm still considering on going OW with body color painted top, and then putting a blocky colored vinyl decal on the sides/hood of it, but I'm not sure on that. And then of course if the Filson green Bronco ends up coming to fruition, then I'll need to see what goes best with that and is available. Still have potential of just sticking with only the soft top for now and picking up a white top separately later. And I'm a pretty late reservation, so maybe I'll have potential to change my order with late availability or even 2022 options if my production is delayed that far. So who really knows, mostly need B&P to decide what my initial order is.

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They haven't officially said anything. For all you know B&P may come out in 5 minutes with white being an option.

Maybe there is a delay....but guess what....it's still almost 6 months before the first, customer destined, Bronco rolls off the line. A lot can change. Maybe by then they're offering 30 piece modular roofs, with built in AC, a 30" Tv panel, in any damn colour you want. No one truly knows yet.

Jeep isn't "jerking" anyone around because the Jeep is already out there. This is a brand new vehicle and you're watching the evolution of that.
Well There is definitely some truth to that, however, we really don’t have 6 months. We only have till December to place our order. I certainly don’t want to find out in February that if I waited I could have had more options. They really need to lock in what they are offering at B&P...yes a few things could change between that and order time.

as for nothing official, that the problem. If they said we will try...great....if they said we can’t...ok, bummer. But don't parade around a version we can’t have, then say we can’t have it, then say we are listening, more to come, vague hints it may be offered, then the brand manager let it slip (on a Ford paid spokesman’s video) that it won’t be offered.

Last edited:

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may have just jinxed myself, wife just sent me a text and asked me "What's this I hear I won't be able to order a white top on the badsquatch and will have to wait until 2022? If this is the case, I'll just hold out for the new 4runner."

She's not on this forum and to my knowledge not following the Bronco FB groups. Maybe she watched that video from Andy. I'll need to stall her some more until the dang B&P is released. Come on Ford, don't let us down.

Now if ordering a body colored top isn't an option, then its either getting the shadow black and having it painted white or giving Ford the middle finger and walking away (because I refuse to buy the MIC gray top and don't even want the soft top to begin with).

And none of this would be an issue if Ford actually communicated with people and said yes or no it's not an option. The brand manager was caught off guard when he was asked that question in the video and used a canned answer. Ford also said the mansquatch wouldn't happen either.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That brand manager looks pretty young. He and his design team probably thought gray will be more popular than white because gray is such an in color right now.

I mean what focus group of Bronco enthusiasts did they pass “white, gray or black” by and the answer came back “gray for sure!”?
I could be wrong about this but wouldn't a Brand Manager be part of the marketing team instead of design?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I could be wrong about this but wouldn't a Brand Manager be part of the marketing team instead of design?
Design as in color and material choices, but yes - Marketing + Design would yield decisions on color choices. This group somehow came up with a choice that no one seems to really like, and people are either ok with it with certain body colors, or wishing there was a better choice.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wouldn’t discredit the brand manager for being young. There are plenty of Ivy League guys or strong MBAs that are 30 years old that have catapulted their careers making 300-500k in just a 5-7 years of experience before/after MBA with decent titles. Whether it’s banking, tech or Fortune 500

Edit - surprise surprise just googled him and his LinkedIn popped up. Princeton 2011 grad, then MBA at Michigan and has been working at Ford during and after his MBA for 4 yrs. There ya go.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Judd_Skin

Outer Banks
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If this is true and white tops are not going to be an option, I will not be purchasing a Bronco. Since the beginning of the relaunch, they have paraded around white topped Broncos to get the fanbase excited. To not offer that as an option after selling people on it shows questionable business integrity and I would rather spend my money elsewhere.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry guys. After seeing his credentials and his title, I would say with near certainty that if he says no white tops for MY21, it is true (at least as of a few days ago). That could change between now and build and price (or potentially later if they make adjustments).

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How much do you all think it would cost to paint the modular top?

They could at least do us a favor and send us an unpainted one
What do you think a MIC top is? Molded in Color, ie Unpainted. Pop down to your local body shop and ask them how much to spray a removeable hardtop white.

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious about the 13 of you that would wrap the top. How well would you anticipate that wrap holding up, if you're taking it off and putting it back on regularly? I'm sure there would be days that I would take it off (the parts over the seats, not the clamshell) for the day, but put it back on at night to keep dust and critters out of the truck.
Sponsored