Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
None of this is needed.
None of this is necessary.
But if I have the capability and materials to maximize performance why wouldn't I?
Mediocrity is not worth rewarding.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the detailed answer. 👍 I am pleased to learn that you plan to push the drivetrain to its limits. Can’t wait to follow your exploits! Good luck with the journey, my friend, and please post progress updates. :love:

7MTI550 is the unknown. 550 Nm rated..... Gonna have to monitor boost in crawler gear....

Fiesta ST boxes are holding like triple stock power, stock clutch will take like double in them

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

At the end of the day, it's your vehicle and you can treat it any way you want. Everyone on this forum has different opinions on what oil, oil filter and air filter brands are the best and the best change frequency.

Hey do you think a catch can it needed? ;)

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not a bad idea, but most people typically don't own the vehicles long enought to need to change the oil so you're already miles ahead just asking. Most modern engines, barring developing a leak, can go beyond their warrantee on the original oil and some do...
Not sure I'm hearing what you're saying, and I assume you might not agree with what you said, just commenting that some people do it. Sounds like you said some people don't change the oil in their new cars at all until they sell it (assuming they don't keep it too long), and that most modern engines can go past the warranty period running the original oil and no oil changes.

I think most of us agree those are both BAD strategies, and God help the people who end up buying those cars. Factory oil change intervals have greatly increased, however, after spending 30 years working for dealerships, and over 10 years having my own shop, my personal observation and opinion is this. Factories extend service intervals as a selling feature, touting cheaper and easier maintenance, not because the cars will last longer. On your own car, my opinion is to change the oil before the factory recommended time. Yes, all new cars use synthetic oil, and the oil is better, but it still gets dirty and properties can dissipate over time and heat cycles. (interesting to hear from the retired oil engineer on this one). Oil changes are inexpensive, why even think about over extending the interval. Most engines we replace have some amount of sludge build up. Modern engines have all kinds of more intricate parts inside, like variable camshaft actuators, that want thin and clean oil. Pretty simple, change the oil.

We have a couple sayings in my shop. "Maintenance is always cheaper than repairs" and "Most of the expensive repairs we see somehow relate back to overdue maintenance".

The advice used to be a high zinc oil package in conjunction with assembly lube was plenty. Any modified change interval, say 100, 1,250, 3,000, 5,000 may be OCD for modern engines and oils, but peace of mind and cheap insurance for the long haulers among us.
Yes, agree. The zinc was and still is mostly for flat tappet cam motors. A bit different with the roller rockers that are pretty universal now.

Sponsored

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone else planning on dumping the oil as soon as it leaves the lot and dropping in a true break in oil for the first 1000? I was considering the Gibbs Racing break in oil.......
I build high performance track cars and we joke at who can convince a customer to buy Gibbs.

I personally built and own an RB26 making 1000 at the crank and can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt there is no limit you can push this 2.3 without SUBSTANTIAL modification and blueprinting where an oil change sooner than 5k is going to be anything but lighting your money on fire.

If you're dead set on it, come up to Canada I've got some bridges for sale.

Laser Craft

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you part of the genius team that determined 15,000 mile intervals are acceptable? I service these things, it's far too long and is a cause of many compounded issues and failures.

I laugh at 10-15K intervals on forced induction engines. Blow by, soot, thermal load......

Anytime you want me to get you a ladder, You can step off your high horse and back up the attitude with facts and/or evidence.

Does anyone know de-facto what ford does to the longblocks after assembly? Are they run on a stand i suspect not. I know with a roller camshaft its half worthless, but I plan on running this engine to destruction from mileage or cylinder pressures.
Agreed, I don't care what the mnfr says I'm changing every 3k-3.5k regardless, unless I'm leasing

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I build high performance track cars and we joke at who can convince a customer to buy Gibbs.

I personally built and own an RB26 making 1000 at the crank and can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt there is no limit you can push this 2.3 without SUBSTANTIAL modification and blueprinting where an oil change sooner than 5k is going to be anything but lighting your money on fire.

If you're dead set on it, come up to Canada I've got some bridges for sale.
Canada has bridges now? 😳
Sponsored