Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got sidetracked with the big info, but rereading I just noticed this:

1. Customer places order and agree to selling price with dealer between mid-January through March 19, 2021. Note: Bronco will not have online order conversions and will require dealers to place order

So with no order conversions, each one will be a fresh order, not tied to your reservation directly, so this confirms what they told us in September where the dealer will be doing the priority of the orders, not Ford.
Not disagreeing with the dealer potentially having the ability to chose priority... but I read that line as not referencing that, but rather, addressing the rumor that has been floated that buyers will build their Bronco themselves online and forward the order to their dealer, instead of the dealer doing it.
Sponsored

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got sidetracked with the big info, but rereading I just noticed this:

1. Customer places order and agree to selling price with dealer between mid-January through March 19, 2021. Note: Bronco will not have online order conversions and will require dealers to place order

So with no order conversions, each one will be a fresh order, not tied to your reservation directly, so this confirms what they told us in September where the dealer will be doing the priority of the orders, not Ford.
I read this to mean that we won't be emailed a special link to configure and then hit "submit" and wait for delivery.

Sponsored

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not really surprised, I’m pretty sure they’d like to get these out ASAP, but shit happens. Given the timing, how about just making all 2021s FIrst Editions. Only model for 2021. People that want special first prod get that special FE. Still limited by reservation number. Seems a win/win. Ford gets those people in the door spending the $60k+ for 2021 for the exclusivity that an FE is kind of missing right now. Everyone else likely gets more of what they want from late availability just a little further down the line and gives Ford more time. The delay sucks, but only 1 real model to focus on for the moment. I say all this without holding an FE reservation.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sorta curious what percentage of First Editions will be ordered with Navy Pier vs Black interior.
The true unicorn will be a 2-dr Manual, Navy Pier First Edition.

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Model T had a black interior. They wow us with some rich-looking baseball glove leather and then have lackluster (and some weird trims) interior offerings across all the models. While I understand folks in colder climates do ok with black / dark colors, in Florida it is the absolute worst choice along with black top or black paint. 8 or 9 months of temps over 90 degrees and a hot sun make for a real oven inside any car. It would be nice to have better choices. Screwy option packages too. I bet these will probably get ironed out in the subsequent model years.

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone else consider a 2022 less valuable than a 2021 Bronco? If you order and then Ford tells you it will now be a 2022 model can you cancel your reservation ?

Evanm14

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since there is a delay, should I wait for a hybrid version? I'm sure by 2022 they will have it to compete with the Wrangler version.

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read this to mean that we won't be emailed a special link to configure and then hit "submit" and wait for delivery.
No, originally we were going to do a conversion from the reservations. There's a button on our page that says "Process Offline" that we'd click to do the order (currently gray'd out and says "process will be available at order bank open" when you click it). Now it sounds like we'll do fresh orders, which I think will eliminate system issues and I'm glad to hear. I'm sure they'll make us enter customer info like they are on new (non Reservation) Bronco Sport orders so they can compare the email to the reservation if needed.
Sponsored