Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey forums,

Figured I would make a post on my most recent install on the Bronco. I want to make a disclaimer that I am very new to roof racks and this is my first one ever. @BROADDICT sent me their roof rack to review on my 2022 4 Door Badlands.

I am not sponsored or affiliated with Broaddict other than helping out with some product development/testing. With that said here is a non-affiliate link to their Amazon page if this product has piqued your interest.

Ford Bronco Broaddict Roof Rack Review IMG_2849

Ford Bronco Broaddict Roof Rack Review IMG_2851

Ford Bronco Broaddict Roof Rack Review IMG_2854

These are aluminum roof rails and is some where in the 20-30lbs total weight range. The install was fairly straight forward and easy to do with basic hand tools. It gives the appearance of the Ford OEM roof rack offered and feels quite sturdy when installed.

Pros:
  • Sturdy aluminum rails
  • Fit and finish are very well done (only trouble I had was the rear cross bar holes were slightly out of alignment)
  • Instructions were diagrams and made sense (only issue was a few steps missing or needing interpretation)
  • Looks like it belongs on the Bronco
Cons:
  • For 4 door models this is all you get (no rear most anchor point or more cross bars)
  • Top is not able to come off
  • There is some wind noise added that sounds kind of like a wind tunnel effect (noticeable with radio off, but not overly loud at 70MPH)
Overall I am very happy with this roof rack cross bar kit and would recommend them to anyone looking for a similar fit and finish to the OEM roof rack!

If anyone is interested for more information I made a review YouTube Video (mostly covers what I posted here) and an install video so you can see what you are getting yourself into before you purchase.

Review Video:

Install Video:

Sponsored

Last edited:

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks good - @BROADDICT how about bringing the Ford fishing concept rack to life so we can all actually use our convertibles? Everyone keeps releasing the same general roof racks but we have no OEM looking short rack yet. For reference, I'm talking about the rack below underneath the roof platform:

Ford Bronco Broaddict Roof Rack Review Screenshot_20230218-192359

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Wildtrack Lux w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks good - @BROADDICT how about bringing the Ford fishing concept rack to life so we can all actually use our convertibles? Everyone keeps releasing the same general roof racks but we have no OEM looking short rack yet. For reference, I'm talking about the rack below underneath the roof platform:

Screenshot_20230218-192359.png
We have already asked @BROADDICT about doing something like this and they are in the works, but last time a checked with them I got no response so not sure.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/black-friday-sales-30-off-roof-rack-cross-bar.59801/

Blancobg6

Outer Banks
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 OB 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@BROADDICT I have these as well and not being able to take off the front panels is annoying, seems like the mold on the front just need another inch of clearance, anyway we can get an adapter or some sort of riser to get that done, buyers remorse is kicking in

Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@BROADDICT I have these as well and not being able to take off the front panels is annoying, seems like the mold on the front just need another inch of clearance, anyway we can get an adapter or some sort of riser to get that done, buyers remorse is kicking in
There’s a trick to it. The two front panels can be removed with the OEM rack (and this one is very similar to the OEM one).

Sponsored

Blancobg6

Outer Banks
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 OB 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Doesn't work with this but thanks, it just needs a small amount of clearance to pass

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reactions: FFF

Blancobg6

Outer Banks
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 OB 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mostly regret, still searching for a DIY solution since the brand hasn't done anything, planning to try some washers next

OP
OP
toughtoaster

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Blancobg6 @toughtoaster Hey guys, any update on the roof rack and if you still would buy it?
It depends on your needs honestly. If you need a roof rack, it does the job well. It looks almost 100% like OEM one.

If you want to take your top off you might be able to remove the cross bar over the front panels to get them out.

It does have a bit of wind noise and I don’t need a roof rack on 100% of the time so I took it off. Pretty easy to remove but will take about 30mins to partially disassemble and reassemble it.

Are there better more expensive ones on the market? Yeah. Does this do the job for around the price of the OEM one? Yeah.

The nice thing about this one is the materials are solid and it’s not going to cost you an arm and a leg. It’s removable in a reasonable amount of time. It does the job it’s supposed to do. I hauled a 12ft ladder with it from Home Depot.

Perosnally for my needs and budget? I would recommend it. If I was over landing and needed it on permanently, I might look into others with wind deflectors and more modularity for options.

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It depends on your needs honestly. If you need a roof rack, it does the job well. It looks almost 100% like OEM one.

If you want to take your top off you might be able to remove the cross bar over the front panels to get them out.

It does have a bit of wind noise and I don’t need a roof rack on 100% of the time so I took it off. Pretty easy to remove but will take about 30mins to partially disassemble and reassemble it.

Are there better more expensive ones on the market? Yeah. Does this do the job for around the price of the OEM one? Yeah.

The nice thing about this one is the materials are solid and it’s not going to cost you an arm and a leg. It’s removable in a reasonable amount of time. It does the job it’s supposed to do. I hauled a 12ft ladder with it from Home Depot.

Perosnally for my needs and budget? I would recommend it. If I was over landing and needed it on permanently, I might look into others with wind deflectors and more modularity for options.
Great info. I need a simple set of crossbars for a Thule cargo box or a bike rack. No RTT/overlanding. Sounds like this will be fine.
Sponsored