steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yea but that should be an option for Badlands as well, their off road version....
I recall Vaughn Gittin Jr telling a story of how they pushed Ford into offering the Sasquatch package. I speculate Ford had saved 35's and upgraded rack and tie rods for the WildTrak. When pushed to make the Sasquatch package, they tested enough to make sure it wouldn't be too fragile for the standard rack.
That would have made the WildTrak trim a lot more special, if it originally came with HOSS 3.0 like it does now, it was the only trim with 35's, and the next largest size tire was 33's for the Badlands.
So Ford told Bilstein to modify the Badlands shocks for a little extra height and they threw the WildTrak wheels and tires on, and called it the Sasquatch package. (For trims lower than Badlands, Sasquatch also includes Badlands axles and transfer case).

35's and 37's should be paired with the Ford Performance heavy duty steering rack and tie rods (HOSS 3.0 and 4.0 part) to reduce chance of breaking on moderate+ trails.
Unfortunately we've been waiting years for this part to be available.
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure why you think a steering rack/tie rods, front axle, and upgraded CV's, built from Ford to begin with, would be 40 grand, when even in the aftermarket, it won't be that.
You said
I feel Ford should have made the entire steering/front bearing hubs, rear axle-bearings, and front CV's shafts (if the electronics always shut down 4WD from just a broken CV shaft) absolutely bullet proof (or at least an option).
I don't think WildTrak HOSS 3.0 or Raptor HOSS 4.0 would qualify as bullet proof.

Plus, the Raptor starts at $80k. The WildTrak at $60k. The base at $40k. All the options you ask for are available with prices. If you remove the Base and cut total sales by 70%, the price of WildTrak and Raptor would need to increase to offset lower volume.

You can't just look at the price of a part, there are thousands of man hours behind that part. Then there are hundreds of constraints and regulations to building a consumer vehicle.
Look to other specialty vehicles like sports cars. Do you want to participate in motorsports, like track days without breaking/modifying you car? How much does a new Corvette cost? Or a Porsche 911? Can I start with a cheaper car, throw some aftermarket parts on it and spend less than a factory $100k sports car? Yes.

If you (royal you) just need transportation, there are probably dozens of options at $30k. They excel at getting you to where you want to go as safely, comfy, and economically as they can.

Ford Performance has the upgrades for steering and axels, but that's just to HOSS 3 level. Probably very stout for 35's/37's. $2k for front, $2.5k for rear. I don't see any hint of offering the advanced transfer case from FP, but I'll guess the FP server duty steering rack will be almost $2k.
So, no. Not $40k for HOSS 3.0 level.

Dana offers upgraded axles; their ultimate line.

I don't see the Bronco as any different from any other cheap specialty mass consumer vehicle. Pretty good out of the box, but needs part upgrades if you want to use it for (amateur) motorsports.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Ineos Grenadier is (probably) and option, or if outside the USA a gwagen professional.
I'm totally down with the idea of it and love the older Defenders, but that's such an unfortunate name. First time anyone breaks something it's going to be the Ineos Grenade for the rest of eternity. Would be nice if they offered a 2dr/90 as well.

35's and 37's should be paired with the Ford Performance heavy duty steering rack and tie rods (HOSS 3.0 and 4.0 part) to reduce chance of breaking on moderate+ trails. Unfortunately we've been waiting years for this part to be available.
They're available now, you just have to figure out how to program them yourself or find another member who's done it already. I have one ready to go and was about to install it, but I got the chance to convert it to a 74Weld rack here in a few weeks so that's the route I'm going instead. Coincidentally, the same programming needed for the 3.0 rack is used for the 74Weld, because it's basically just a stronger housing for 3.0 components.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm totally down with the idea of it and love the older Defenders, but that's such an unfortunate name. First time anyone breaks something it's going to be the Ineos Grenade for the rest of eternity. Would be nice if they offered a 2dr/90 as well.

They're available now, you just have to figure out how to program them yourself or find another member who's done it already. I have one ready to go and was about to install it, but I got the chance to convert it to a 74Weld rack here in a few weeks so that's the route I'm going instead. Coincidentally, the same programming needed for the 3.0 rack is used for the 74Weld, because it's basically just a stronger housing for 3.0 components.
I'm just being lazy. Always torn between doing the work myself and farming it out.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I also specified it should at least be an option, and to what level of abuse I wanted it to be "bulletproof" (IE first vid I posted). I specifically posted a harder core EB doing rock smoky burnouts and of course the hardest core rock bouncing, that I said it does not have to do.

Not sure why you are arguing so hard that Ford can't do what they have already done. Did they stop with the PP1 (IE SAS) on the Mustang, nope, came out with the PP2 on top of that (a ton of hardware, software, and engineering for only $6300 in 2021).

Ford also has well respected players like Shelby, Roush, and even Steeda that this type of package could be offered through, and at least a 3/36 maintained (as all 3 of them has done in the past).

You can take a base Mustang GT auto and dump 30-40% more power in it and go drag racing to the low 10's, or a man trans and put killer susp and 305/315 road course (barely legal) tires all the way around on it, and go beat the snot out of it either way. The basics of the car otherwise hold up VERY well. At worst, they certainly don't fail the first time out, like the 6G seems to be doing.

Yet the excuses about the "things" I can't do with even the stock SAS are getting a little comical. All I'm asking is Ford offer that package, which even at this early stage, has pretty much been developed, just like they have used brand name perf equipment in the past.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

all that stuff
You obviously know what the 6G Bronco needs to do whatever you're wanting it to do, so maybe team up with Ford and offer that package yourself. Start a business, pick out the components you think it should have, charge a reasonable $80K for the conversion like everyone else is doing, offer a warranty, etc.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also specified it should at least be an option, and to what level of abuse I wanted it to be "bulletproof" (IE first vid I posted). I specifically posted a harder core EB doing rock smoky burnouts and of course the hardest core rock bouncing, that I said it does not have to do.

Not sure why you are arguing so hard that Ford can't do what they have already done. Did they stop with the PP1 (IE SAS) on the Mustang, nope, came out with the PP2 on top of that (a ton of hardware, software, and engineering for only $6300 in 2021).

Ford also has well respected players like Shelby, Roush, and even Steeda that this type of package could be offered through, and at least a 3/36 maintained (as all 3 of them has done in the past).

You can take a base Mustang GT auto and dump 30-40% more power in it and go drag racing to the low 10's, or a man trans and put killer susp and 305/315 road course (barely legal) tires all the way around on it, and go beat the snot out of it either way. The basics of the car otherwise hold up VERY well. At worst, they certainly don't fail the first time out, like the 6G seems to be doing.

Yet the excuses about the "things" I can't do with even the stock SAS are getting a little comical. All I'm asking is Ford offer that package, which even at this early stage, has pretty much been developed, just like they have used brand name perf equipment in the past.
I'm not sure what the argument you're referring to, so these are my final thoughts.

Ford offers HOSS 3.0 in the WildTrak for 35's.
Ford offers HOSS 4.0 in the Raptor for 37's.

Ford will offer the severe duty steering rack and tie rods in their Performance catalog for upgrading to 35's or 37's.
Ford does offer a lift for 35's in their Performance catalog.
Ford does offer the Badlands/Sasquatch axles in their Performance catalog for upgrading to 35's.

Fox will offer a KOH edition Bronco with warranty.
APG offers a Bronco with up to 40" tires and a Dana 60 rear axle.

IFS is different from solid axle, but your premise that HOSS 2.0 with 35's (Sasquatch) is as fragile as a glass figurine and can't handle hard trails is inaccurate.

Ford should have offered the severe duty steering rack and tie rods with Sasquatch as a factory option. As the Sasquatch sits, the first upgrade for wheeling should be the severe duty steering rack, then you add a couple more inches in lift and 37's.

Upgrading the capabilities of a vehicle while maintaining or improving factory levels of drivabliity and reliability is a holistic endeavor. You don't just dump a bunch of horsepower into a car without considering brakes, suspension, and drivetrain. You don't lift a 4x4 6" and fit 40" tires without similar consideration.

Each model/trim vehicle has it's own unique set of components. Some parts may be overbuilt for factory level performance, while others are not. You need to determine which parts are holding back capability and how upgrading that part will effect the rest of the vehicle.
This process is costly and time consuming. You'll be replacing the same piece with multiple different parts to get that right characteristics. It gets frustrating at times, but for some of us it's a passion and the headaches are worth it when you nail the configuration and the vehicle comes alive.

The Bronco is a new platform. When it matures you'll see the aftermarket settle on combinations of parts for different levels of capability. I've seen this happen dozens of times with different enthusiast vehicles.

If you're don't like any of the offered configurations and are uncomfortable modifying because you are concerned about losing a nearly useless factory warranty, useless because Ford appears to try to actively deny claims, then perhaps the Bronco isn't for you.

Jeep makes a Bronco competitor, the Wrangler. AFAIK, they don't offer 37's, so you'd be limited to 35's. It has a stout solid front axle option, but I hear it drives like an old truck compared to the Bronco, and it's a bit cramped inside with uncomfortable seats. Still, I see hundreds on the road with all types of drivers, so I'm sure it's not as bad as some claim.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I gotta say I've been a little timid in what I've put my Bronco through up until now - but after watching the abuse you throw at your rig, inspires me and gives me much more confidence that I have MUCH further to push and still be well within the rig's capabilities. I also love that you took the beads popping/getting stuck as learning opportunities vs obstacles, and when the axle snapped you were so level headed and calm. Kids learn by observing actions and reactions, so if nothing else your son was shown how to handle stressful situations appropriately, vs simply kicking and screaming.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gotta say I've been a little timid in what I've put my Bronco through up until now - but after watching the abuse you throw at your rig, inspires me and gives me much more confidence that I have MUCH further to push and still be well within the rig's capabilities. I also love that you took the beads popping/getting stuck as learning opportunities vs obstacles, and when the axle snapped you were so level headed and calm. Kids learn by observing actions and reactions, so if nothing else your son was shown how to handle stressful situations appropriately, vs simply kicking and screaming.
Ahhhh thanks. My moto,,,, and saying is.... "It's fine". What else are you going to do. Kicking and screaming wouldn't fix the axle. At that point it was just "how do I safely get us back to the road".
Sponsored