Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny responses in here. I’ve had 6 new Toyota’s over the last 20 years. ZERO of them went to the shop after purchasing. The only trips to the service department was for regular maintenance. So maybe “it happens” in a brand new vehicle is normal to some, but it ain’t to me.
I’m having serious reservations about taking this thing on as my daily driver. No way will I get the 2.3. I’ve got some time waiting on mine to decide but if these stories continue my dealer will get a bronco for the lot.
Sponsored

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“no brand is immune to reliability issues”
*mentions Jaguar as an example of a reliable brand*
😬
LOL well… honestly, once they put me in a new one, I’ve never had another issue. I’ve owned other car brands with issues too. I just currently own a Jag.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not surprising though. sorry, no offense intended but Jag isn't exactly a brand known for reliability
Well, lesson learned … maybe.. unless I’m trading one lemon for a more aggressive one..

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sucks but it sounds like you have a competent girlfriend that has your back thats always a plus,did you happen to wax it?

Last edited:

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

this sounds like #FakeNews
This whole thread is non-news. There is:
-zero actionable information.
-Zero knowledge is shared or able to be learned.
-no "problem/solution

What we have is click-bait content. A headline that fits a narrative, a story with nothing to be learned and no actual point, other than to get get likes and comments.

We should share information we have, especially about possible failures or maintenance issues, but this post has none of that. No knowledge transfer occured in this post or thread.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just for fun, was it a Ford Jag? (‘99-‘09)?
Nope. It’s a 2018 FPace. I ordered it and received it June just before hurricane Harvey here in Houston. Took them until December to buy back my car saying they couldn’t fix it. It was a computer glitch that when the car went into eco mode at a stop light, when you accelerated again it would fire the second or fourth gear so it just rattled violently. The new one they put me in has been a dream.

I get it, I threw a softball out to this crowd without intention. I’ve owned multiple Toyotas.. my husband drives an f250 that has been reliable and we own a classic jeep. I got the jag because it drove like a nice car but had the space for my work samples when I was traveling 7 states.

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This whole thread is non-news. There is:
-zero actionable information.
-Zero knowledge is shared or able to be learned.
-no "problem/solution

What we have is click-bait content. A headline that fits a narrative, a story with nothing to be learned and no actual point, other than to get get likes and comments.

We should share information we have, especially about possible failures or maintenance issues, but this post has none of that. No knowledge transfer occured in this post or thread.
then why are you here posting on this nonsense thread?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am anxiously awaiting my Dirt Mountain detainee (supposedly 12/1/21 delivery)
I am also anxious about the higher than normal potential that my vehicle will also leave me stranded. This is NOT a good feeling for a customer who pays 50K for a BRAND NEW car to concern themselves with.
Imagine a world where you buy a car and petrified to drive it on the highway, lest you never make it home to your family.
Some people need to stop watching the news, you might need to step away from the forum. There is a strong bias towards the negative, and you shouldn't let that color your opinion.

If so, maybe don't buy the Bronco. I drove mine, day two, 3 hours, to the beach and back. No regrets.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

then why are you here posting on this nonsense thread?
trying to add a voice of reason to the cacophony of non-sense.

Because I desire this to be a place where actual information is shared.

Because I believe forums should provide knowledge, or else they have zero value.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny responses in here. I’ve had 6 new Toyota’s over the last 20 years. ZERO of them went to the shop after purchasing. The only trips to the service department was for regular maintenance. So maybe “it happens” in a brand new vehicle is normal to some, but it ain’t to me.
I’m having serious reservations about taking this thing on as my daily driver. No way will I get the 2.3. I’ve got some time waiting on mine to decide but if these stories continue my dealer will get a bronco for the lot.
And this is why the toyota has a strong following, its bulletproof. Kind of like the inline 6 4.0 in my wrangler.

i love my ‘17 f150 loaded & w/ the 3.5 but its been back to the dealership I want to say 4 times in 3yrs for a list of 17-20 issues (mainly electronic gremlins outside of the cam phasers). Whereas my wife's ‘18 GC loaded w/ the 3.6 has been to the dealership 0 times over that same period.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because I believe forums should provide knowledge, or else they have zero value.
Oh- you drove your bronco 3 hours without issue? Well yippeekaya! I’m glad to hear a brand new vehicle got you to the beach and back as that’s pretty unheard of. Heavy sarcasm intended.
If there are issues they need to be known and addressed by Ford. You Ford fanboys can sneak to the dealership undercover in the dead of night hoping no one knows your precious brand had an issue.

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford Bronco Bronco (2.7 engine) shut off on highway, left me on the side of the road 1636981527050

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree.….
so far this thread:
- my Bronco broke down, cause unknown, Roadside Assistance did their thing,

- then five pages of Brand X did or didn’t break down.

Suggest closing this thread until something further is known re OP’s Bronco.