zzettle

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bronco 2.7L 4dr with 10k miles started stalling while driving about 4 weeks ago. Electronic displays were on and the only error message was to pull over and restart the engine. To restart the engine it took 5-6 attempts. After driving 5 miles and stalling 6 times I had it towed to the nearest dealership where it has been sitting for 4 weeks now with no resolution. I have been in communication with the dealership every day now and they are running out of options to troubleshoot. My instant thought was the fuel pump, but pin testing has determined to be functioning normal. Ford is now sending out an engineer this week to assist with troubleshooting, but I am curious if anybody has experience with this or have any insight?
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So not throwing any codes at all? Possible bad gas or plugged fuel filter/line maybe.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like you got one of the bad Fuel pumps. Plenty of threads about it.

OP
OP

zzettle

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fuel pump was determined to be functional based off of the pin testing. Dealer just notified me that they took off the catalytic converter and found the honeycomb structure was completely melted. Ford engineers are saying this is the first bronco they have seen with this issue and are trying to investigate the root cause.

Ford better sharpen their pencils for an extended warranty.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fuel pump was determined to be functional based off of the pin testing. Dealer just notified me that they took off the catalytic converter and found the honeycomb structure was completely melted. Ford engineers are saying this is the first bronco they have seen with this issue and are trying to investigate the root cause.

Ford better sharpen their pencils for an extended warranty.
If you are purchasing an extended warranty go through Grainger. But I am imagining you are speaking of a more on the house type scenario.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man it must have dumped alot of unburnt fuel down there to do that. Will be interesting to see what they find.
Sponsored