gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
after reading that I'm waiting for my Ford owes you one free Bronco letter from Ford. Either that or there going to have to replace the engine in thousands of bronco's. They had some lady on TV saying she had that on her bronco already, took two months to replace engine. That qualifies as Lemon law, vehicle in the garage for more than 30 days for same problem. I checked my engine, its labeled with one of the dates that falls into the bad category. Dont know what to do now, wait for letter from Ford saying what they will do, or put order in for 2023 model. If my oil pan is bad and also the valves its just a matter of time before the engines goes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MallSquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak 2022
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
lol....sounds like only the mall-crawlers are safe!
You called? :p

As someone who is less mechanically versed than others on this forum, is there a way to pre-empt these valves from busting? Is it something the techs can take a look at during routine maintenance?

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The point is that either they don't have the data aggerated yet or haven't found a common dominator that says engines XXX will be affected.

Ford isn't going to talk about this till they have a path forward on how to handle it. Silence isn't them hiding-its them protecting themselves from lawsuits till they have an answer...and an overly aggressive Bronco community isn't going to themselves favors either.
Respectfully agree to disagree here. If a small community of Bronco enthusiasts can manage to aggregate this information amongst themselves (with the dedication of a few key members ie @Lucchese) so early in the process and so accurately, you are suggesting that Ford does not know the exact same information and more?

Not only do they have all of the information needed at this point but Ford has clearly had it since at least when they stopped production of the 2.7L, issued an intracompany memo confirming the issue months ago, and made changes to the engine in order to remedy the situation.

If it wasn't for this community here at B6G, the path forward for Ford was to ignore the issue. Not a peep until all of our efforts have gained some traction. Unfortunately for Ford they have the answers and neither option is ideal for them. Do nothing, replace as needed under warranty, hope for no lawsuits, and no bad press (that part is changing). Or issue a recall and replace the faulty parts or entire engines preemptively as needed. This is purely an economic decision to Ford and nothing else.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t get the butt hurt over people pointing out issues with a product. If it wasn’t for the squeaky wheels, you’d probably still be getting the disastrous MIC 1.0. You think Ford was going to spend and lose all that money re-tooling or whatever they did on the MIC top if no one complained? Highly doubt it.
Now people are butt hurt over folks pointing out a lot of blown motors in a certain date range and wanting the issue addressed. But I’m betting if Ford were to decide to replace some parts to alleviate the issue, some of the butt hurt will be first in line at their dealer screaming about how you knew this was an issue.
Every brand has issues arise. None of them will do anything about them if the squeaky wheels weren’t squeaking. It pays off for everyone in the end. Just because people point out issues doesn’t mean they hate your precious brand- no matter which one it is.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t get the butt hurt over people pointing out issues with a product. If it wasn’t for the squeaky wheels, you’d probably still be getting the disastrous MIC 1.0. You think Ford was going to spend and lose all that money re-tooling or whatever they did on the MIC top if no one complained? Highly doubt it.
Now people are butt hurt over folks pointing out a lot of blown motors in a certain date range and wanting the issue addressed. But I’m betting if Ford were to decide to replace some parts to alleviate the issue, some of the butt hurt will be first in line at their dealer screaming about how you knew this was an issue.
Every brand has issues arise. None of them will do anything about them if the squeaky wheels weren’t squeaking. It pays off for everyone in the end. Just because people point out issues doesn’t mean they hate your precious brand- no matter which one it is.
You get out of here with your common sense!

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco NHTSA Opens Investigation Into Bronco 2.7L V6 Over Catastrophic Engine Failures 1654629228194

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do think Ford would of fixed the top, o wait they did fix it without any involvement from NHTSA....

Ford is fixing the engines, that is why there is a warranty period. What people seem to be asking for is a pre-warranty warranty , we think something "might" go wrong so let's fix something that has not broke but might....how about a pre-warranty pre-warranty warranty to cover that the thing that hasn't even been reported yet that may or may not break and let's replace that too.

And you're right every brand has issues, every new product has bugs that have to be worked out. Ford is doing that, do you know of any blown engines that have not been repaired? Roping in a government agency that generates a significant portion of it's budget from fines cost us all in increased cost. How anyone even mentions the NHTSA in a positive light after they issued a serious and substantial recall over "bunching floor mats" is beyond me. If you have your floor mat stick your accelerator and cause a crash, we do not need you in the gene pool.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do think Ford would of fixed the top, o wait they did fix it without any involvement from NHTSA....

Ford is fixing the engines, that is why there is a warranty period. What people seem to be asking for is a pre-warranty warranty , we think something "might" go wrong so let's fix something that has not broke but might....how about a pre-warranty pre-warranty warranty to cover that the thing that hasn't even been reported yet that may or may not break and let's replace that too.

And you're right every brand has issues, every new product has bugs that have to be worked out. Ford is doing that, do you know of any blown engines that have not been repaired? Roping in a government agency that generates a significant portion of it's budget from fines cost us all in increased cost. How anyone even mentions the NHTSA in a positive light after they issued a serious and substantial recall over "bunching floor mats" is beyond me. If you have your floor mat stick your accelerator and cause a crash, we do not need you in the gene pool.
Anytime there is an abnormal issue or abnormal amount of an issue, it needs more investigation and more than just a warranty. Are 4-5 blown motors from one production date normal for Ford? If so, all of us who bought one should be removed from the gene pool.

Sponsored

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thankfully, you were not the CEO of Tylenol in 1982.
You're linking a few blown engines to a deliberate poising of Tylenol? Are you a personal attorney lawyer by chance?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The owners with blown engines already have the drama behind them. Unfortunately, Ford says there are 25,000 of us who still need to be worried.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thankfully, you were not the CEO of Tylenol in 1982.
CEO of Tylenol?

I think you mean CEO of J&J. If you want to bash on someone, get your facts straight.

Farley is the CEO of Bronco! Spread the news!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Farley is the CEO of Bronco! Spread the news!
Farley has a long way to go:

James Burke received the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2000 and was named one of history’s 10 greatest CEOs by Fortune magazine in 2003. But it was for his handling of the Tylenol tragedy back in 1982 that Burke, CEO of Johnson & Johnson from 1976 to 1989, will be remembered most.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Farley has a long way to go:

James Burke received the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2000 and was named one of history’s 10 greatest CEOs by Fortune magazine in 2003. But it was for his handling of the Tylenol tragedy back in 1982 that Burke, CEO of Johnson & Johnson from 1976 to 1989, will be remembered most.
Missed my point entirely. No one is CEO of a product. Tylenol is a product of J&J. Bronco is a product of Ford. See where I'm going with this?
Sponsored