Sponsored

Bronco Build for UP Michigan (Need Input)

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black ice. If you just driving in 2H thinking you don't need it. And you loose tracksion; it will put it in 4wd automatically. Probably faster than you can do it yourself. Or maybe you have your hands full if it decides to fish-tail.
Forgot about black ice. Do you think that any 4x4 would help if you are on ice though? Or
In reality it's a pain is the ass. For example I have a steep driveway, and while they salt the main roads they use a a road grader in the residential areas. Main road-2wd, in my sub 4wd except in the salted intersections, so back to 2wd drive to make the turn, then back to 4wd to my house, but there is enough traction from the grading to cause the 4wd to bind when turning, so back back to 2wd to turn into my driveway, then I have to stop, put it in 4wd to get up the drive and finally I'm home. That's all in the span of a quarter mile.
thank you for the example. That makes a lot of sense now. I guess I’m just used to my town where half of it isn’t plowed at all and the part that is better is still slushy since they just toss salt and call it a day so I can keep my F150 in 4H the whole drive and never bind it. I forgot some places keep up better with roads lol And that is a great reason for 4A and I think you just sold me on the upgrade as it would be sweet to just set and forget
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

depending on how far you plan on getting off pavement in the snow and snow:
Ford Bronco Bronco Build for UP Michigan (Need Input) 1603639075295

this version of the tracks are limited to 40 mph

Last edited:

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really any vehicle with a bit of clearance and a set of winter tires is 100% fine in the UP.

Source: snowboarded Mount Bohemia every winter for years. Got around with a Saturn SC1 on a set of General Altimax Arctics just fine.
I LOVE BOHO!

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m open to it. Sounds dreamy compared to steady wildfires, orange skies and constant smoke headaches.
Embrace outdoor winter activities like skiing, snowmobiling, etc. and UP winters are so much more enjoyable. The UP gets tons of lake effect snow, so take advantage of it!

BroncoGMA

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Welcome to the UP! I ordered a Base with Sasquatch package, I picked the color my husband helped with the rest.
Sponsored