Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a 90's kid I have to say almost all of the 90's cars look like hot garbage. Give me a 90's Landcruiser though and I would be a happy person.
Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem with the Taurus was not the re-design, it was re-branding. Ford took the best selling car in America (yes, it was steadily losing sales to Toyota and Honda), killed the name, and called it the 500. By the time they realized the mistake and changed the name back to Taurus, the damage was done.

But back on topic, yeah the current Bronco design will eventually get tweaked, that is just common sense. But have a look at the Wrangler JL vs JK. The 2018 JL was an "all new design" but I bet most casual buyers couldn't pick out the styling differences between the two.
Well that and the fact the 500 was butt ugly. I think the 96 catfish design was the beginning of the end. Thank you Jack Nassar!!

Bronchitis's

Badlands
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, MazdaCX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would you have been fine with it if they called the Bronco Sport the “Escape Sport” instead?
Would you have been fine with it if they called the Bronco Sport the “Escape Sport” instead?
was just saying that the first 2 gens. Were fine till they changed the body style and made it more “car like”. Didn’t say anything about a Bronco Sport

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
was just saying that the first 2 gens. Were fine till they changed the body style and made it more “car like”. Didn’t say anything about a Bronco Sport
Right, so pretend the current Escape didn't exist, and the current Bronco Sport was what the Escape became. Would that have been okay?

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The reason it was made more car like was because the market was changing and the Bronco Sport was coming out....

LarryBirdsFace

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure it will but I'm also sure it will go the wrong direction.
I'd like to see the front end do a little more backwards styling. Keep the round headlights and tuck them under the hood a bit more so the fender/hood ridges come down over the front like the OG broncos. Give the front that boxed in look, rather than a slight protrusion. Other than that, I think it's pretty darn great as is. It's a great mix of modern and traditional.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They will refresh it like they do all of their models. I just hope the interior gets some more love the next time around, it’s the only somewhat poor part of the design imo.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Escape body style changed I believe in 2014
2013 actually and it was developed from the Kuga that was in Europe. The redesign didn't affect sales that much.

bcool2525

Badlands
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500, 1987 F250, 1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2008 Escape, man I love that little ride. Its nimble, surprisingly good in snow, for its time it was decent with fuel economy, and easy to park. It made the perfect college ride for the upper peninsula of Michigan. If the Bronco Sport is anything like my Escape I want one.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 2008 Escape, man I love that little ride. Its nimble, surprisingly good in snow, for its time it was decent with fuel economy, and easy to park. It made the perfect college ride for the upper peninsula of Michigan. If the Bronco Sport is anything like my Escape I want one.
My wife had a 2010 and now a 2017 Escape...she wants a Bronco Sport to replace it, but is leaning towards another Escape because the BS doesn't offer a hybrid...yet.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife had a 2010 and now a 2017 Escape...she wants a Bronco Sport to replace it, but is leaning towards another Escape because the BS doesn't offer a hybrid...yet.
The 1.5L gets crazy good MPG. I expect a hybrid is not far off for the Sport. But if she is looking, only the Badlands Sport comes with the 2.0L which still gets great MPG. All the other trims come with the 1.5L

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Do you think Bronco will maintain its current design like the Wrangler to hopefully maintain value, or will they start tweaking the exterior?
download.jpg
Sponsored