Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One piece 2D hard top and framed windows on the doors is all I ask lol.
Sponsored

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only because of the issues with the hard (mod)top mainly. I should have said no mod top.
None of the items I listed is something I want BTW.
No, that's not true. I can put my top half down in 5 seconds. All the way down in 3 minutes. That has nothing to do with the hard tops issues and is something a hard top can never accomplish.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Mustang almost became what was later known as the Ford Probe, so... They're not always on point.

Also the Fairmont wants its Fox Body back
I was wondering if someone was going to bring up the Probe. If they almost did it, but didn't, doesn't that blow up the original argument? Thus meaning that Ford is actually good at staying true to original design intent as well as listening to the consumer fan base and staying on point?

I will save the Fox body argument for another time and thread.

Vandy

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Exterior design is on point. I think most everyone loves it. The Interior might benefit from a little redesign here and there, perhaps the center console, the materials, and the finding ways to reduce noise from the various tops.

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX; Tesla M3; BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At this point, based on my own personal experience, the current model is "vaporware", let alone any redesign. Must see and touch my own vehicle with my own hands to believe.

Sponsored

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was wondering if someone was going to bring up the Probe. If they almost did it, but didn't, doesn't that blow up the original argument? Thus meaning that Ford is actually good at staying true to original design intent as well as listening to the consumer fan base and staying on point?

I will save the Fox body argument for another time and thread.
I'll admit it was a close call, but also that a FWD Mazda in Ford Blue and Mercury Red was still a failure, but at least they didn't Mustang III the Mustang

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is essentially the truck version of the Mustang, and Ford is going to treat is as such. Variants, colors, random funky or interesting stuff, and updates that are more progressive than not. The truck itself is very direct, but retro, and they aren't going to change that up that much. My two cents is that they should make this their Wrangler, and ride that approach into the sunset, it's worked for Jeep for decades.

I do assume some kind of streamlining, but they're selling so I don't see any big moves for 2-3 years, and it'd probably more refresh than not. There might be some kind of quieter overall update, like mechanical, electrical, tune, etc., but that'll be based more on learning lessons from production teething and long-term owner feedback.

Lots of folks may nitpick now, but I'd bet in maybe 6-7 years they'll lament the options and variants that used to be available. I hope I'm wrong, since that means Ford will really keep going for it - 2dr, 4dr, manual, auto, soft-top, hard-top, all that stuff should always be a given.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jntaylor1701

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford's history is to take a great product that sells well and redesign it into something completely different and useless and call it the same name.
Yep, see the Ford Escape for an example. The 2nd generation was a great smaller SUV, then Ford turned it into a car.

Montducati

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-350, 2020 BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In 10 years, they'll make it look like an 80s Bronco. That's how the retro timeline works. :)
I seriously hope you're wrong, the 80's Bronco killed the name!

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The problem with the Taurus was not the re-design, it was re-branding. Ford took the best selling car in America (yes, it was steadily losing sales to Toyota and Honda), killed the name, and called it the 500. By the time they realized the mistake and changed the name back to Taurus, the damage was done.
The 500 was underrated. It was a very impressive car- sat high- not far off from the Explorer, very comfortable, AWD, huge trunk, impressive MPG. People wanted SUVs though.
The Taurus wasn't that great of a car after its redesign in 1996-it was sold to fleets to keep its numbers up and just stuck around till 2002 or so.

The 500 was just a bad effort at the time-it got flanked by LX cars by then DaimlerChrysler, which offered better performance and better looks. it was also hamstrung by a terrible CVT.

The 500 was renamed to the Taurus by the change in management that happened in 2006.

The second gen D3 Taurus was a decent product that came out in 2010, but the market was shifting to Crossovers, so it really never had a chance.

The D3 begat the last gen Explorer, which was the most successful version of that platform sales wise.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep, see the Ford Escape for an example. The 2nd generation was a great smaller SUV, then Ford turned it into a car.
The 2001-2012 Escape was nothing more then a Mazda "mid size" station wagon with different styling.

The much derided Bronco Sport has more off road chops then any Escape ever did....and it is built on the same platform as the current Escape.

The BS was made to appeal to people who wanted an "SUV" more then a CUV, and the Escape fills the CUV/Car niche.

StephT4

Wildtrak
First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 F350, 2022 Wildtrak order
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Mustang is my favorite car. It has been since I first laid eyes on it at the ā€˜64 Worldā€™s Fair. I havenā€™t seen the ā€˜24 in the flesh yet, but from a side view, I think it resembles a Camaro too closely. Hope Iā€™m wrong.
I love the '65 convertible mustang!

There is a '22 Shelby GT500 in code orange sitting in the dealership show room where we picked our bronco up from last night. Apparently it's only been there since Friday so all the boys were ewwwing and ahhhing over it. Circling it, spitting out facts about how fast it will go, the seats, the summer tires, the spoiler, the blah blah blah. And I'm just like meh, it's alright I suppose. I don't think my opinion was very popular! Whoops!
Sponsored