First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I'd heard this was a thing. This guy showed up on my Bronco this evening. Parking garage in downtown Bellevue, WA. I like the grill logo. What's the story behind the duck?

Ford Bronco Bronco Duck? IMG_1658
Sponsored

Sponsored

Joshc920

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s just a childrens bath toy… if you don’t have kids as a grown adult you can just trash it

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

At least that duck has a Bronco grill.

Leaving a duck is a sign that someone admires your vehicle. It started with the Jeep crowd so many Bronco owners find it offensive because "I do not own a jeep". Just smile.... Someone likes your truck.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think I'd heard this was a thing. This guy showed up on my Bronco this evening. Parking garage in downtown Bellevue, WA. I like the grill logo. What's the story behind the duck?

I'm a long time Jeep CJ/TJ owner, but did not know about this duck thing until recently. My buddy in Wisconsin keeps finding them on his JK. Apparently we have someone in Canada to thank for the duck invasion, some history courtesy of Readers Digest:

https://www.rd.com/article/jeep-ducks/

The movement now known as Jeep Ducking began in 2020, during the early days of COVID, in Ontario, Canada. After an ugly spat in a gas station parking lot, a Jeep owner named Allison Parliament needed to rely on a friend for a much-needed pit stop to calm down before continuing on the road.

To thank her friend, Parliament bought a bag of rubber duckies and hid them around his house as a joke before heading farther north into Canada to reach her family’s home. Before those ducks were scattered around an unsuspecting friend’s home, however, Parliament put a single yellow duck on a stranger’s Jeep in the store’s parking lot, with a simple, sweet note saying “nice Jeep.”

The owner of that Jeep saw her and laughed then suggested that she post about it on social media. She did, and that was the birth of a movement that now has more than 73,000 fans (and growing) on Facebook. How’s that for an answer to the eternal question, What is community? Parliament’s social media group is now the official Jeep duck account recognized by Jeep itself!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least that duck has a Bronco grill.

Leaving a duck is a sign that someone admires your vehicle. It started with the Jeep crowd so many Bronco owners find it offensive because "I do not own a jeep". Just smile.... Someone likes your truck.
It wouldn’t be a week on B6G without this conversation taking place again.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a long time Jeep CJ/TJ owner, but did not know about this duck thing until recently. My buddy in Wisconsin keeps finding them on his JK. Apparently we have someone in Canada to thank for the duck invasion, some history courtesy of Readers Digest:

https://www.rd.com/article/jeep-ducks/

The movement now known as Jeep Ducking began in 2020, during the early days of COVID, in Ontario, Canada. After an ugly spat in a gas station parking lot, a Jeep owner named Allison Parliament needed to rely on a friend for a much-needed pit stop to calm down before continuing on the road.

To thank her friend, Parliament bought a bag of rubber duckies and hid them around his house as a joke before heading farther north into Canada to reach her family’s home. Before those ducks were scattered around an unsuspecting friend’s home, however, Parliament put a single yellow duck on a stranger’s Jeep in the store’s parking lot, with a simple, sweet note saying “nice Jeep.”

The owner of that Jeep saw her and laughed then suggested that she post about it on social media. She did, and that was the birth of a movement that now has more than 73,000 fans (and growing) on Facebook. How’s that for an answer to the eternal question, What is community? Parliament’s social media group is now the official Jeep duck account recognized by Jeep itself!
Jeep ducking did not start in 2020… Fake news.

Sponsored

KDWright5407

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like others have said, it's a carryover from the Jeep community. There are thousands of Bronco owners trying to make leaving things like the ducks and other Bronco-specific stuff also a Bronco thing. If you're interested, go look up Buck Buck Bronco on facebook. There are several pages.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It wouldn’t be a week on B6G without this conversation taking place again.
Yes and you will probably continue to see it over and over for years to come as more people get their Broncos and are introduced to the community.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am wildly jealous! I'd KILL to find one of these on mine.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs