Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think that as many surmise, it's the modifications that create the separation. Most wheelers in Wranglers are going to mod the rig to accept higher extremes.

What still remains to be answered is given a large degree or pool of IFS modifications, can a Bronco once again either meet or exceed the capabilities of a modified Wrangler?

Out of the box, sure a BadSquatch may outdo a current gen Rubicon, but with Jeep eying more upgrades and factory offered trim options, the bar will continue to move, so how Ford parries the Jeep counter is going to be a true bloodsport to watch and I can't wait!!!!! :LOL:
Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"For those that modify, Wrangler will be better. But, from the factory, Bronco will be superior in all but a very narrow range of conditions....according to the engineers who designed it."

So a Modified Wrangler will always be better then a Modified 6th Gen Bronco?
Challenge accepted

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
LMAO, yeah you're right. Tough read with some people who firmly have their flags planted in certain corners. Still hilarious to read. I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.
If y’all want an example and don’t want to make an account this JUST got posted. Sorry for any IQ points y’all are about to lose
Ford Bronco Bronco engineered to beat Wrangler's VCI (traversing soft terrain) according to member on Wranglerforums 0606A071-5098-4292-8272-27E84FF03879

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If y’all want an example and don’t want to make an account this JUST got posted. Sorry for any IQ points y’all are about to lose
Ford Bronco Bronco engineered to beat Wrangler's VCI (traversing soft terrain) according to member on Wranglerforums 0606A071-5098-4292-8272-27E84FF03879
Live shot of someone posting to that forum right now:

Ford Bronco Bronco engineered to beat Wrangler's VCI (traversing soft terrain) according to member on Wranglerforums 1612988101492

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just let me know when I can get those portal axles on the 4600 from Ford Performance ;)
THIS! Look up 74Weld. They have a killer KOH rig with IFS and IRS. Their work is incredible.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Found this post extremely interesting in regards to solid axle vs. IFS, and where Ford is coming from with their design. I’m by no means a suspension expert and had never even heard of VCI, but Erik Latranyi who wrote the posts said I was welcome to share his posts over here. Thanks to him and should be a good discussion!
Aw @Nickp, you may rock the angry eyes, but we still like having you around...

Thanks for sharing that info...

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This is likely true and fair. Sucks for us rock crawlers that don't want jeeps. Solid axle swap is in my future....

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Aw @Nickp, you may rock the angry eyes, but we still like having you around...

Thanks for sharing that info...
I have half considered buying a 3D printer to make angry eyes and pay for my Bronco but I don’t think I’d be able to live with myself.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's all the typical Jeep stuff (and type that was my reason for not going back to those forums) where as long as something doesn't have a SFA it's not a real off roader... many posts about how the Bronco wont pose a threat to Jeep and how the Bronco will just be a fad.

Someone even pointed out that "Bronco" doesn't have name recognition like Jeep, and no one will buy them as a result.

Ford Bronco Bronco engineered to beat Wrangler's VCI (traversing soft terrain) according to member on Wranglerforums 1612988101492

Yea, see this is the d--k measuring crap that draws the eye rolls. :rolleyes:

The name recognition? What is this middle school or trying to be an "influencer" on Instagoogletweetface?

Bronco was a hit long before OJ, but I honestly don't let these things bother me and I hope that most folks here not put stock into the Wrangler v. Bronco fights either, because why?

Most Wrangler owners don't wheel, not even close. I bet the back pain alone discurages most from even trying. Cheep mods lead to recoveries on trails; this is another deterrent to many Wrangler owners, it's called fear. To truly get real out there, the cost of all that needs to be upgraded is daunting.

6 Gen Bronco enters..... For most trails where you'd be bold enough to tackle without a cage set up, this Badlands will not only run it, but feel good and build confidence with a lot of fun doing so; this is what makes the Bronco compelling.

For the uninitiated, I won't care what they "think" as they sit in their asphalt lift Wranglers with spotless undercarriages.

Bronconheimer

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rock crawling just for the sake of rock crawling isn't my thing. Out west we have thousands of miles of dirt roads and every type of terrain imaginable. The IFS bronco will better serve my needs in 99.99999% of applications.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have half considered buying a 3D printer to make angry eyes and pay for my Bronco but I don’t think I’d be able to live with myself.
I love this idea. Too bad it is someone elses and they are rich and motivated.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It doesn't bother me at all actually. I see it as someone not quite getting the family marketing thing. It isn't a Jeep v. Ford comparison. My opinion - which will instantly inflame some that have itchy tookases already.
Sponsored