Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Updated my spreadsheet with the link below. Some observations:

• Trailing 3 month daily production numbers are 472/day, down from 482/day in Mar 2022
  • Trailing 3 month daily sales are 360/day, up from 262/day in Mar 2022 and essentially flat through Feb (T3M daily sales in Feb 2023 was 363/day)
  • Bronco production is not growing more quickly.
    • Are they reaching plant capacity?
    • Are supply chain issues still a big problem?
    • Are the quality issues not yet solved?
    • Or is it a combination of the three above preventing further production volume growth?
Data and graphs going back to Jan 2021 are here:
Sponsored

Barny227

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 wrangler jk
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happy or sad? That means that only approximately 1462 2 doors were made.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Updated my spreadsheet with the link below. Some observations:

• Trailing 3 month daily production numbers are 472/day, down from 482/day in Mar 2022
  • Trailing 3 month daily sales are 360/day, up from 262/day in Mar 2022 and essentially flat through Feb (T3M daily sales in Feb 2023 was 363/day)
  • Bronco production is not growing more quickly.
    • Are they reaching plant capacity?
    • Are supply chain issues still a big problem?
    • Are the quality issues not yet solved?
    • Or is it a combination of the three above preventing further production volume growth?
Data and graphs going back to Jan 2021 are here:
thank you for making this graph and data chart this is outstanding! Now Iā€™m curious how many of the pre 3/27 orders are left to be built. Are they catching up and how much longer?

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
thank you for making this graph and data chart this is outstanding! Now Iā€™m curious how many of the pre 3/27 orders are left to be built. Are they catching up and how much longer?
That would be interesting to know. However one thing Iā€™ve always questioned is how many orders are actually out there. I know rumors abounded about 100K reservations taken in the first X days/weeks/whatever. But for a $100 fully refundable deposit any grasper or dreamer could reserve a vehicle. And, it was the same thing with orders. My dealer didnā€™t ask for any additional deposit when I could finally order, which was a bit of a shocker, even though Iā€™d purchased a number of vehicles from them in the past.

My guess is that they arenā€™t anywhere close to supply/demand equilibrium as evidenced by recent price hikes and the very short open order windows.

Yarder

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How are there 45,000 unaccounted for Broncos?

Sponsored

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Probably anyone who doesn't absolutely have to have a Ranger right now is waiting for the next-gen. The last year before a redesign is usually the lowest-selling year. Next year, Ford will be able to tout some amazing percentages of sales increase for Ranger. :)
Same can be said about the Tacoma, which also has a redesign coming in 2024.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Probably anyone who doesn't absolutely have to have a Ranger right now is waiting for the next-gen. The last year before a redesign is usually the lowest-selling year. Next year, Ford will be able to tout some amazing percentages of sales increase for Ranger. :)
I'm one of them...not that I could get my 2-door manual SAS with white Mod top even if I wanted to forgoe the midcycle refresh

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's hard for me to imagine how the Ranger is staying afloat with only 11,500 sales in the 1st Quarter. The Tacoma sold about 55,500 in the same time period.
It helps being a global product that's already designed and parts are produced for.... and you have the Bronco on the same platform built in the same factory to carry you.

Not to mention that Ford didn't even try to cater the NA body style to American styling. You know they spent the most minimal amount possible bringing it back over here; I honestly don't understand why they even bothered to change the body panels at all if all given the lackluster effort they phoned in.

Last edited:

Dtronic

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, 2023 Toyota Camry, 2022 BMW S1000R
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
That would be interesting to know. However one thing Iā€™ve always questioned is how many orders are actually out there. I know rumors abounded about 100K reservations taken in the first X days/weeks/whatever. But for a $100 fully refundable deposit any grasper or dreamer could reserve a vehicle. And, it was the same thing with orders. My dealer didnā€™t ask for any additional deposit when I could finally order, which was a bit of a shocker, even though Iā€™d purchased a number of vehicles from them in the past.

My guess is that they arenā€™t anywhere close to supply/demand equilibrium as evidenced by recent price hikes and the very short open order windows.

Yesterday, Alpha Silverback posted 14k-15k orders before the 27th.

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shame Ford is wasting resources on EVs, so much investment from a set of vehicles that make up a negligible amount of vehicles, they lost 3 billion making 26,000 vehicles last year. Those resources would have help solve these restraints on Bronco.

Sponsored

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yesterday, Alpha Silverback posted 14k-15k orders before the 27th.
so if they are producing 14k/mo they should be caught up very soon then Iā€™d imagine and then start on the orders from 3/27?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have seen a lot more Broncos locally in the last couple weeks than ever. I think I saw 4 or 5 this weekend, even parked mine beside one at lunch. Before I was seeing maybe 1 every couple weeks and always a lower trim no Sasquatch. It looks like the floodgates have finally opened.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It helps being a global product that's already designed and parts are produced for.... and you have the Bronco on the same platform built in the same factory to carry you.

Not to mention that Ford didn't even try to cater the NA body style to American styling. You know they spent the most minimal amount possible bringing it back over here; I honestly don't understand why they even bothered to change the body panels at all if all given the lackluster effort they phoned in.
They didn't change anything with the stampings (maybe the tailgate) on the Ranger..also keep in mind the Ranger just went through a worldwide MCE when it was launched in 2018 (yeah almost FIVE years ago) and the biggest difference was putting the 2.3L Ecoboost with the 10 speed for the North American market.

The Bronco has a different platform then the current Ranger-its related, but the T6 under the current Ranger doesn't fit V6 engines in it, which is obliviously not the case with the Bronco.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How are there 45,000 unaccounted for Broncos?
Manikins and probably exports outside N.A. has been the usual theories.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When you say pre 3/27 do you mean 3/27/23?

Remember there's still a bunch of folks that ordered back in early 2021 that haven't seen hide nor hair of their Bronco yet.

I think catching up to 3/27/23 might still take a while.
Sponsored