First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it's the antistall function. We think we stalled because in an old school rig it would have stalled, but the anti stall kicks in at the same time we are pushing in the clutch so we think it restarted but it never really stalled.
How does "antistall" function work? Is that actually a thing?
Sponsored

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bronco will automatically add throttle. Sit in your bronco and with your foot lightly on the brake let out the clutch slowly and watch the tack. The tack will go up without you touching the gas.

I really don't like it in stop and go situations. I'll be lugging along and the computer will gas it when I don't want it gassed...

So it goes.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm just going to add... F*cking computers. They are great until they aren't and then there is little you can do about it. Look at Tesla's autopilot.
As usual, abusing a system will create problems. Tesla "autopilot" works pretty well if used properly, I recently drove a little over 700 miles without issues and arrived relax because it took most of the stress out of the drive. Of course, If I had crawled into the back seat and had fallen asleep, it was very likely that I had crashed. That's mostly what you see in the news.

Prior to the Bronco, my JK Wrangler was still full of computers and it never rolled backwards while losing brakes when off-roading. I understand the Bronco is a brand new vehicle and Ford hasn't produced a convertible off-roader in a minute or two but this seems like a manufacturing issue.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@FloridaBurgBronco - ever figure out what happened? Curious for a follow-up on resolution?

OP
OP
FloridaBurgBronco

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@FloridaBurgBronco - ever figure out what happened? Curious for a follow-up on resolution?
It's still in process with Ford. Been there since the 20th. There are several levels it has to go through, looking to have a Ford Field Service Engineer look at it next. I suspect, based on what I've been told, it will be a few more weeks.

OP
OP
FloridaBurgBronco

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, the "anti-stall" function aids you, it doesn't prevent a stall. The vehicle will hold for 2-3 seconds after you release the brakes allowing you to switch pedals and the engine advances to 1200rpm versus 800 when you start to take your foot off the clutch. These help, but I have stalled it before anyway and certainly, this situation was a little different.
Sponsored