Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rivet nuts, nice... Definitely more secure than 3M adhesive. Going to order a kit, what size worked for you? Thanks...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bad_Bronco

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rivet nuts, nice... Definitely more secure than 3M adhesive. Going to order a kit, what size worked for you? Thanks...
I used both #6 and #8 screws. Mostly #8's, but had to use two #6's in the "C" at the ends as that's all that fit. Not going anywhere. I silicone them also, for extra waterproofing. I have a habit of over doing it, but at least I know they are secure.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I used both #6 and #8 screws. Mostly #8's, but had to use two #6's in the "C" at the ends as that's all that fit. Not going anywhere. I silicone them also, for extra waterproofing. I have a habit of over doing it, but at least I know they are secure.
Oh pls.... theres no other way, right!!! Still wrapping my head on the rivet nuts. Did you actually compress them? I was thinking using the wide end to glue to the letter, inserting into the grill the secure with a bolt.

Sorry about being a pain, texting is tough. Just want to learn from ur experience...

OP
OP
Bad_Bronco

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh pls.... theres no other way, right!!! Still wrapping my head on the rivet nuts. Did you actually compress them? I was thinking using the wide end to glue to the letter, inserting into the grill the secure with a bolt.

Sorry about being a pain, texting is tough. Just want to learn from ur experience...
Did not compress the Rivet nuts, just glued them in. Once you put it through the grille and bolt it in place, it holds great. Just make sure to seal every letter so no moisture gets in there.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did not compress the Rivet nuts, just glued them in. Once you put it through the grille and bolt it in place, it holds great. Just make sure to seal every letter so no moisture gets in there.
Nice!!! That what I was thinking. It should be a perfect fit. Thanks for the idea!! 👍👍

Sponsored

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2021 Ranger, 2024 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Grille done, just have to mount it..... it will work with the DRL's.
What wire did you tap into so that they work with the DRL's? When you tapped into it did you use a relay or just directly into the DRL wiring for power?

OP
OP
Bad_Bronco

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What wire did you tap into so that they work with the DRL's? When you tapped into it did you use a relay or just directly into the DRL wiring for power?
Used the #6 Toggle switch to wire up the grille lights so I can turn them on and off when I want to. The wires are already there under the hood, so it was easy.
Sponsored