Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@ElJeffe Jeff, I wanted to tell you this story. The wife, and I had became quite aggravated with the problems surrounding our order, i.e. MIC top, '22 allocation formula, etc. Our Area 51 OBX would be along time coming, and we just didn't know if we would wait much longer. Then you came along with your Area 51 soft top, and your great tutorial. We talked awhile, after thinking about this on an off, and we have decided to throw caution to the wind, drop the MIC top, and go for a soft top. Of course we're hoping for a possible earlier build date. Thanks for posting prictures of your Bronco. It's given us renewed hope that we may see our Bronco sooner than later.
@Wanted33, I'm glad my post was helpful to you. I think that you're going to be very happy that you are showing patience. Will whip up a new post about the soft top specifically for you, as I have a story to tell around that as well. And remember: you can always add a hard top later, which can be advantageous as Ford works out the ongoing production and design problems.

I'll tag you later today when I share the post on the soft top.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Wanted33, I'm glad my post was helpful to you. I think that you're going to be very happy that you are showing patience. Will whip up a new post about the soft top specifically for you, as I have a story to tell around that as well. And remember: you can always add a hard top later, which can be advantageous as Ford works out the ongoing production and design problems.

I'll tag you later today when I share the post on the soft top.
@ElJeffe Thanks Jeff, I appreciate you taking the time to help a brother out. We are hoping that things will go as it has with the Jeep. If so, in several years I expect to see hard tops, and soft tops for sale on our forum marketplace. One thing that has helped us in our decision is we think we have devised a way that our Ranger can handle the situation (until we can find a hard top) that called for a hard top on our Bronco. Where there is a will, there is a way. :)

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@ElJeffe congratulations and great post!
I read the backstory too; it is so sweet that you bought your parents a Bronco Sport - what a good son!

jhol125

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi eTron
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jeff, I what a wonderful review. Thanks for taking the time. I just took delivery in CT and feel the same way about my truck. I waited nearly as long and I'm pleasantly surprised by how great it is. Literally 20 minutes into my first drive I had 2 people stop me to ask questions or just say how great she looks. Have fun.
Ford Bronco Bronco is a Beautiful Beast. My Dealer Delivered. 20211217_135221

OP
OP
ElJeffe

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeff, I what a wonderful review. Thanks for taking the time. I just took delivery in CT and feel the same way about my truck. I waited nearly as long and I'm pleasantly surprised by how great it is. Literally 20 minutes into my first drive I had 2 people stop me to ask questions or just say how great she looks. Have fun.
Congratulations on your Bronco. What a beautiful rig. Red wasn't high on my list of colors originally, but now that I am seeing more pictures and saw one in person, I think it looks spectacular on the Bronco. Just the right contrast with the black top and tires. Enjoy those sunny skies.

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice looking Bronco. Not sure where youre at in CT. I'm in Danbury. Maybe we will cross paths somewhere. Congrats.

b7.jpg

jhol125

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi eTron
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice looking Bronco. Not sure where youre at in CT. I'm in Danbury. Maybe we will cross paths somewhere. Congrats.

b7.jpg
Guilford

Ford Bronco Bronco is a Beautiful Beast. My Dealer Delivered. b7
Yours looks great. I'm in Guilford...Broncos are rare in these parts!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As my Bronco reservation/order/wait/delivery journey comes to an end, I want to say THANK YOU to all of you in the Bronco6G community. I abandoned the toxic Facebook Bronco forums for this community, and that decision has proven wise. The advice, support, and guidance offered here are amazing. It's fun to share your excitement - and frustrations - around this vehicle that we love. Whether you drive a base Bronco Sport or a First Edition full-size Bronco, this is a family that is great to be a part of. Thanks especially for the Build Process Guide, the Build and Tracking Links, and the build-week spreadsheets. These were vital tools.

On Tuesday 12/21, I took delivery of my 4-door Bronco. My date sequence was:

RESERVEDORDEREDBUILD SCHEDULEDBLENDBUILTSHIPPEDDELIVERED
11/11/2020​
1/23/2021​
11/22​
11/24​
12/1​
12/4​
12/21​

A year, a month, and ten days. What a ride it has been. While I can't count the number of ways that Ford could have managed this process better, in the end I am thrilled with my Bronco, a 4-door Badlands in Area 51 with MGV, 2.7, Lux, Sasquatch, tow package, and a soft top. The background on why I bought a Bronco is here.

MY DEALERSHIP DELIVERED.

When I first placed my reservation, and converted it to an order, I shared about post about a positive experience that I had at my dealership: Autonation Ford of Bellevue, Washington. I went with them because they offered the best price: a "synthesized X-plan" where they calculated a percentage off of MSRP since Ford wasn't offering X-plan. The GM at the dealership, Josh Marshalek, was also excellent with communications. He replied to emails very quickly, and seemed to be as in-the-know about Broncos and the reservation program as anyone.

Many people were suspicious that I'd actually get a discount on the Bronco. That apprehension is based upon the continual stream of ADM nightmares that we read about here. I'm pleased to report that Ford of Bellevue delivered on their promise: I paid nearly $3,000 below MSRP for my Bronco. And every reservation holder that they service will pay no more than MSRP. Yes, they are adding markups to inventory Broncos. But if you reserve and go through the process with them, my experience is that they deliver exactly what they promise. If you're still looking and want to place an order, I give my strongest possible recommendation to Chris Rollman (sales) at Bellevue Ford.

Communication has also been excellent. When Ford signaled that my Bronco had shipped, I messaged Chris to get a freight car number. Many people complain that their sales reps can't, or won't, share that information. Many of them aren't experience enough to retrieve it. Chris responded to me within 10 minutes with not only the rail car number, but a photo of Ford's shipping manifest. I was able to track my Bronco as it crossed the country by rail, which was cool.

I share these positive experience because it pains me to read some of the frustrating behaviors that dealerships are showing to reservation customers, and I want to steer folks toward better dealers. When I met GM Josh on delivery day, and we talked about the horrible dynamics that some Ford dealers are demonstrating, he made a really good point: If you screw a customer out of a few thousand dollars on a car deal, you'll sell them one car at most. If you look at the Bronco as an eventual volume business, and want to establish a lifetime of vehicle purchases, you offer a fair deal and live up to your word so that they come back and buy more cars over time. I couldn't agree more.

It also pays to pick a dealer that'll not only offer MSPR, but is staffed with Bronco enthusiasts. I was able to talk to my salesperson, the sales manager, and the general manager anytime about the Bronco because they all love Broncos and have their own orders in. Who better to buy from than someone that loves what they are selling?

THE BRONCO IS A BEAUTIFUL BEAST.

250 miles in, it is exceeding my expectations in most regards. There are big things, like every time I walk into the garage and see those Sasquatch tires and the profile of the Bronco, I smile and remind myself that it's mine. The 2.7 / 10-speed powertrain is quite powerful; the horsepower and torque combine for a fun drive. My worries about freeway speeds being a struggle were unfounded... I fly along at 70+ perfectly comfortable. The interior feels genuinely spacious compared to my former Wrangler. The 12" display with wireless CarPlay is a joy. Area 51 is a dynamic color and I'm glad I picked it. It ranges from a sky blue under direct sunlight, to a smokey gray-blue under our typical Seattle stormy skies.

There are little things that I wasn't expecting that I also appreciate a lot. While I knew I wanted MGV for several reasons, I'm impressed with how comfortable it is, and how durable is appears to be. The overhead aux switches are little works of art: their lighting changes color when activated, the throw is easy even with gloved hands, and the click is satisfying. I don't even have any accessories wired in yet, but I already love the switches. The soft top has seen driving downpours already, and has been completely dry inside. For all of Ford's hard top woes, I'm very impressed with the soft top. There is definitely more road noise on the freeway, but I'll gladly enjoy a winter with the soft top and order a hard top once the kinks are worked out (got my 220,000 point to put toward it). The trail sights are becoming a signature part of my driving experience already. Never mind that I'm not yet using them as tie-downs are branch diverters, they give the view out of the windshield a prominence that you just don't get with many new vehicles anymore.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder," is as true with the new Bronco as with anything. In my case, this is the perfect blend of classic lines from the original Bronco, updated with a modern vehicle platform, electronics, and driving experience. It's exactly what I'd hoped for.

THAT'S ME HONKING!

My dealer warned me that people will stop to ask questions about the Bronco. Stoplights will turn into conversation points. I'll get honked at and thumbs-up from people who are seeing a new Bronco for the first time, might own one themselves, or hope to one day own one. He was right. In the first two days of driving it, I've been chased down in traffic by people curios about it, held up in parking lots as people admire it. So many people have stories of Broncos from long ago.

I hope that continues. I hope the community here grows into a healthy Bronco community in real life. I promise to do my part. Today, I caught up to an Area 51 Bronco Sport on the highway, and honked at the driver. An older gent, he was caught off guard and was about to get angry at being honked at, but when he looked over and saw my Bronco, his face lit up and he laughed and honked back.

There are endless reasons to be divided these days. Politicians thrive on dividing us at every turn. It's nice to have a vehicle and a brand than can unite us. If you're still waiting for yours, please keep the faith. It's worth it in the end. When you climb in and drive off the dealer's lot, the memories of months of waiting and confused messages will melt away with each mile.

Drive safe, and thank you again to the strong community here.

Jeff

Congratulations Jeff! It's so great to hear about your smooth experience with Autonation Ford. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. So happy that you received your Bronco and are enjoying it so far. I hope it was worth the wait!

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As my Bronco reservation/order/wait/delivery journey comes to an end, I want to say THANK YOU to all of you in the Bronco6G community. I abandoned the toxic Facebook Bronco forums for this community, and that decision has proven wise. The advice, support, and guidance offered here are amazing. It's fun to share your excitement - and frustrations - around this vehicle that we love. Whether you drive a base Bronco Sport or a First Edition full-size Bronco, this is a family that is great to be a part of. Thanks especially for the Build Process Guide, the Build and Tracking Links, and the build-week spreadsheets. These were vital tools.

On Tuesday 12/21, I took delivery of my 4-door Bronco. My date sequence was:

RESERVEDORDEREDBUILD SCHEDULEDBLENDBUILTSHIPPEDDELIVERED
11/11/2020​
1/23/2021​
11/22​
11/24​
12/1​
12/4​
12/21​

A year, a month, and ten days. What a ride it has been. While I can't count the number of ways that Ford could have managed this process better, in the end I am thrilled with my Bronco, a 4-door Badlands in Area 51 with MGV, 2.7, Lux, Sasquatch, tow package, and a soft top. The background on why I bought a Bronco is here.

MY DEALERSHIP DELIVERED.

When I first placed my reservation, and converted it to an order, I shared about post about a positive experience that I had at my dealership: Autonation Ford of Bellevue, Washington. I went with them because they offered the best price: a "synthesized X-plan" where they calculated a percentage off of MSRP since Ford wasn't offering X-plan. The GM at the dealership, Josh Marshalek, was also excellent with communications. He replied to emails very quickly, and seemed to be as in-the-know about Broncos and the reservation program as anyone.

Many people were suspicious that I'd actually get a discount on the Bronco. That apprehension is based upon the continual stream of ADM nightmares that we read about here. I'm pleased to report that Ford of Bellevue delivered on their promise: I paid nearly $3,000 below MSRP for my Bronco. And every reservation holder that they service will pay no more than MSRP. Yes, they are adding markups to inventory Broncos. But if you reserve and go through the process with them, my experience is that they deliver exactly what they promise. If you're still looking and want to place an order, I give my strongest possible recommendation to Chris Rollman (sales) at Bellevue Ford.

Communication has also been excellent. When Ford signaled that my Bronco had shipped, I messaged Chris to get a freight car number. Many people complain that their sales reps can't, or won't, share that information. Many of them aren't experience enough to retrieve it. Chris responded to me within 10 minutes with not only the rail car number, but a photo of Ford's shipping manifest. I was able to track my Bronco as it crossed the country by rail, which was cool.

I share these positive experience because it pains me to read some of the frustrating behaviors that dealerships are showing to reservation customers, and I want to steer folks toward better dealers. When I met GM Josh on delivery day, and we talked about the horrible dynamics that some Ford dealers are demonstrating, he made a really good point: If you screw a customer out of a few thousand dollars on a car deal, you'll sell them one car at most. If you look at the Bronco as an eventual volume business, and want to establish a lifetime of vehicle purchases, you offer a fair deal and live up to your word so that they come back and buy more cars over time. I couldn't agree more.

It also pays to pick a dealer that'll not only offer MSPR, but is staffed with Bronco enthusiasts. I was able to talk to my salesperson, the sales manager, and the general manager anytime about the Bronco because they all love Broncos and have their own orders in. Who better to buy from than someone that loves what they are selling?

THE BRONCO IS A BEAUTIFUL BEAST.

250 miles in, it is exceeding my expectations in most regards. There are big things, like every time I walk into the garage and see those Sasquatch tires and the profile of the Bronco, I smile and remind myself that it's mine. The 2.7 / 10-speed powertrain is quite powerful; the horsepower and torque combine for a fun drive. My worries about freeway speeds being a struggle were unfounded... I fly along at 70+ perfectly comfortable. The interior feels genuinely spacious compared to my former Wrangler. The 12" display with wireless CarPlay is a joy. Area 51 is a dynamic color and I'm glad I picked it. It ranges from a sky blue under direct sunlight, to a smokey gray-blue under our typical Seattle stormy skies.

There are little things that I wasn't expecting that I also appreciate a lot. While I knew I wanted MGV for several reasons, I'm impressed with how comfortable it is, and how durable is appears to be. The overhead aux switches are little works of art: their lighting changes color when activated, the throw is easy even with gloved hands, and the click is satisfying. I don't even have any accessories wired in yet, but I already love the switches. The soft top has seen driving downpours already, and has been completely dry inside. For all of Ford's hard top woes, I'm very impressed with the soft top. There is definitely more road noise on the freeway, but I'll gladly enjoy a winter with the soft top and order a hard top once the kinks are worked out (got my 220,000 point to put toward it). The trail sights are becoming a signature part of my driving experience already. Never mind that I'm not yet using them as tie-downs are branch diverters, they give the view out of the windshield a prominence that you just don't get with many new vehicles anymore.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder," is as true with the new Bronco as with anything. In my case, this is the perfect blend of classic lines from the original Bronco, updated with a modern vehicle platform, electronics, and driving experience. It's exactly what I'd hoped for.

THAT'S ME HONKING!

My dealer warned me that people will stop to ask questions about the Bronco. Stoplights will turn into conversation points. I'll get honked at and thumbs-up from people who are seeing a new Bronco for the first time, might own one themselves, or hope to one day own one. He was right. In the first two days of driving it, I've been chased down in traffic by people curios about it, held up in parking lots as people admire it. So many people have stories of Broncos from long ago.

I hope that continues. I hope the community here grows into a healthy Bronco community in real life. I promise to do my part. Today, I caught up to an Area 51 Bronco Sport on the highway, and honked at the driver. An older gent, he was caught off guard and was about to get angry at being honked at, but when he looked over and saw my Bronco, his face lit up and he laughed and honked back.

There are endless reasons to be divided these days. Politicians thrive on dividing us at every turn. It's nice to have a vehicle and a brand than can unite us. If you're still waiting for yours, please keep the faith. It's worth it in the end. When you climb in and drive off the dealer's lot, the memories of months of waiting and confused messages will melt away with each mile.

Drive safe, and thank you again to the strong community here.

Jeff

I’m so happy that you are happy. It gives me hope. My OBX is ‘in production’. Whatever that means🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

jtim47Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my 28th new Ford replacing my 2015 F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m so happy that you are happy. It gives me hope. My OBX is ‘in production’. Whatever that means🤷🏻‍♂️
Jeff
I too ordered my Badland Bronco from AutoNation Ford of Bellevue. Getting my reservation in on 7/14/2020. Like you I was impressed with not only the customer service. I was truly impressed with the response i got to my questions regarding build dates and shipping. While my Bronco is still on the way be rail I know its coming. . This is my 28th Ford during my life time. the first was a new Ford mustang in 1966 paid $2300. for it. The last 3 have been from Auto Nations Ford of Bellevue. I have worked with "Tim" my sales person each time. I am a happy customer and like GM Josh Marshalek, said honest, caring and likable people keep customer's coming back.
Jeff, I live in Federal Way, I don't get to Bellevue often. I will be watching for you and your new Bronco. So if you hear a toot it just might be me an old guy in his new Badlands series Ford Bronco from AUTO NATIONS FORD OF BELLEVUE, you will also note the ear to ear smile on my face. .

MY NEW 2022 FORD BRONCO.jpg

MY NEW 2022 FORD BRONCO.jpg

jtim47Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my 28th new Ford replacing my 2015 F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeff
I too ordered my Badland Bronco from AutoNation Ford of Bellevue. Getting my reservation in on 7/14/2020. Like you I was impressed with not only the customer service. I was truly impressed with the response i got to my questions regarding build dates and shipping. While my Bronco is still on the way be rail I know its coming. . This is my 28th Ford during my life time. the first was a new Ford mustang in 1966 paid $2300. for it. The last 3 have been from Auto Nations Ford of Bellevue. I have worked with "Tim" my sales person each time. I am a happy customer and like GM Josh Marshalek, said honest, caring and likable people keep customer's coming back.
Jeff, I live in Federal Way, I don't get to Bellevue often. I will be watching for you and your new Bronco. So if you hear a toot it just might be me an old guy in his new Badlands series Ford Bronco from AUTO NATIONS FORD OF BELLEVUE, you will also note the ear to ear smile on my face. .

Ford Bronco Bronco is a Beautiful Beast. My Dealer Delivered. MY NEW 2022 FORD BRONCO

Ford Bronco Bronco is a Beautiful Beast. My Dealer Delivered. MY NEW 2022 FORD BRONCO
Picked up Saturday 1/29/2022.
My Bronco is home.

7846AEB0-FB8C-415C-AB9B-6AF8221FC353.jpeg
Sponsored