Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely looks like some members of a different "nation" in that pic judging by the Bronco hoodie.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Torgsurv

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Bronco XLT 5.0 "Mando"
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, 6G has been infiltrated! :ROFLMAO: Actually I live in both worlds, just trying to be a bit of a bridge. That picture I posted was the only one I took on that trip, and I posted it on both forums.

The story of the trip up to Bronco Knoll with those three Broncos is a long one, full of history and exciting news. Media coverage will be coming from other sources, including but not limited to Bronco Nation. I imagine the people in charge are all doing a bunch of video and photo editing, and I don't know how long it will take, but it will definitely be worth the wait!

I can say that the yellow '72 is the one that was on display at the Bronco Nation booth during King of the Hammers, and that the 6th Gen is the same FE I got a ride in later that day.
Ford Bronco Bronco Knoll Named and Marked From Easter Egg Coordinates 20210205_145317

[This photo was taken by Vaughn Gittin Jr during my ride-along. He let me pose in the driver seat, but I did not get to drive it.]

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, 6G has been infiltrated! :ROFLMAO: Actually I live in both worlds, just trying to be a bit of a bridge. That picture I posted was the only one I took on that trip, and I posted it on both forums.

The story of the trip up to Bronco Knoll with those three Broncos is a long one, full of history and exciting news. Media coverage will be coming from other sources, including but not limited to Bronco Nation. I imagine the people in charge are all doing a bunch of video and photo editing, and I don't know how long it will take, but it will definitely be worth the wait!

I can say that the yellow '72 is the one that was on display at the Bronco Nation booth during King of the Hammers, and that the 6th Gen is the same FE I got a ride in later that day.
20210205_145317.jpg

[This photo was taken by Vaughn Gittin Jr during my ride-along. He let me pose in the driver seat, but I did not get to drive it.]
"doing a bunch of video and photo editing, and I don't know how long it will take" - I'd be done by now. ;)

Also, someone in another thread wants to know how the front camera looks with just that bull bar thingy. Edit: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/daily-reminder-to-winch-buyers-dont-do-that.12488/

OP
OP
Torgsurv

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's link to the full write-up of the Return to Bronco Knoll, written by David, a Bronco Nation staff member who did a great job coordinating the trip and bringing all these people together. I've written a brief summary below. We also had with us Cooper Pierce (Utah.Bronco on Instagram) who took the photos, Texas Mike from Lonestar Early Bronco Club, Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Loren Healy (two of the Ultra 4 Bronco racers in KOH and part of the Bronco testing team), Jake from Montana Broncos, and Ford Bronco Brand Manager Esteban Plaza-Jennings.

None of the three Broncos had much trouble going up the East route, least of all the 2021 First Edition. The yellow '72 impressed us all with how well it handled the trail. My stock '91 probably had the most difficulty because of the small tires and a rear bumper that likes to reach out and grab onto rocks. Once we were at the top, it was great to hear Vaughn and Loren tell their stories about testing the Bronco in Johnson Valley. Bronco Knoll is at the high point of the 'Mountain Loop' that they used for durability testing, and a spot that offers an incredible view of the valley below, which Ford engineers referred to as 'Bronco Vista'. After setting an official survey disk next to the cairn to mark the precise coordinates printed on the Bronco, we cleaned up some trash from the Knoll and then made our way back to Hammer Town in the '91 and '72, while Vaughn took the FE up and down the more challenging Southern route and then went in search of more challenging terrain.

There are more details and photos at the link above, and you can also see some of the photos on instagram by searching for #broncoknoll (credit for that hashtag goes to Vaughn), and I believe that Vaughn will post a video on his youtube channel soon with some additional info. When I see it posted, I'll add a link on this thread.

Ford Bronco Bronco Knoll Named and Marked From Easter Egg Coordinates Bronco-Knoll-Party

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's link to the full write-up of the Return to Bronco Knoll, written by David, a Bronco Nation staff member who did a great job coordinating the trip and bringing all these people together. I've written a brief summary below. We also had with us Cooper Pierce (Utah.Bronco on Instagram) who took the photos, Texas Mike from Lonestar Early Bronco Club, Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Loren Healy (two of the Ultra 4 Bronco racers in KOH and part of the Bronco testing team), Jake from Montana Broncos, and Ford Bronco Brand Manager Esteban Plaza-Jennings.

None of the three Broncos had much trouble going up the East route, least of all the 2021 First Edition. The yellow '72 impressed us all with how well it handled the trail. My stock '91 probably had the most difficulty because of the small tires and a rear bumper that likes to reach out and grab onto rocks. Once we were at the top, it was great to hear Vaughn and Loren tell their stories about testing the Bronco in Johnson Valley. Bronco Knoll is at the high point of the 'Mountain Loop' that they used for durability testing, and a spot that offers an incredible view of the valley below, which Ford engineers referred to as 'Bronco Vista'. After setting an official survey disk next to the cairn to mark the precise coordinates printed on the Bronco, we cleaned up some trash from the Knoll and then made our way back to Hammer Town in the '91 and '72, while Vaughn took the FE up and down the more challenging Southern route and then went in search of more challenging terrain.

There are more details and photos at the link above, and you can also see some of the photos on instagram by searching for #broncoknoll (credit for that hashtag goes to Vaughn), and I believe that Vaughn will post a video on his youtube channel soon with some additional info. When I see it posted, I'll add a link on this thread.

Ford Bronco Bronco Knoll Named and Marked From Easter Egg Coordinates Bronco-Knoll-Party
Not Jake from State Farm???

Sounds like a cool experience!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Torgsurv

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, not Jake from State Farm, but people who meet him love him just as much. Really a great guy! He'll be featured on the next episode of the Bronco Talk podcast.

[Disclaimer: I am not the Blake.Bronco that does some of their interviewing, but I did make a brief appearance in episode 1 from Super Cel West.]

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So how were you able to align yourself with such a group? I am aware of the status in BN but man I am jealous.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Finally took the time to read the article. Cool deal !! :D Thanks for posting and marking the Knoll. (y)(y)

Healy and Gittin Jr. seem like pretty cool guys to hang out with. Most of the Ultra4 racers seem pretty cool and down to earth.

🍻

OP
OP
Torgsurv

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So how were you able to align yourself with such a group? I am aware of the status in BN but man I am jealous.
Just lucky and in the right place at the right time. Have to give credit to David as well, he kept the communication channels open and invited others to the party. Up until the night before I wasn't sure if anyone else would go besides me and David.

Finally took the time to read the article. Cool deal !! :D Thanks for posting and marking the Knoll. (y)(y)

Healy and Gittin Jr. seem like pretty cool guys to hang out with. Most of the Ultra4 racers seem pretty cool and down to earth.

🍻
They are great guys, and I wish I'd been able to hang out with them more. Vaughn did give me a ride in the 2 Door FE later that day, my first time in a new Bronco, which was an unforgettable experience. Fantastic driver in an incredible vehicle!

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we know anything about these or other Easter Eggs?

would they be different based on where the original purchaser is ordering from?

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great story, and pretty cool you got to hang out with Loren and Vaughn. But I think the engineers had it right - I think I prefer the name Bronco Vista :p

Last edited:

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Made it to the top of Bronco Knoll this past Satuday!

Ford Bronco Bronco Knoll Named and Marked From Easter Egg Coordinates IMG_0831.JPG

Ford Bronco Bronco Knoll Named and Marked From Easter Egg Coordinates IMG_0838.JPG

Ford Bronco Bronco Knoll Named and Marked From Easter Egg Coordinates IMG_0816.JPG

This was actually our second attempt at the Knoll. Our first time was a few weeks ago right after we got the Bronco (white 2-door in the pics, 2-door Base, non-Sasquatch, 2.3L/7-speed). We wanted Bronco Knoll to be our first trip off the pavement in it. But we were thwarted by the tiny stock tires on the stripper model, as we were trying the steeper, deeply rutted southern approach mentioned in the original post in this thread. The tiny tires didn't provide enough ground clearance and we were denied just from hanging up and dragging. But we vowed to return when we had some bigger tires, which we do now, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers along with a small spacer lift from ICON. With the extra ground clearance the Base Bronco motored right up it, without lockers of course!

The red 4-door is our buddy Oscar. It's also a Base but with the Sasquatch package so he was already well-equipped with gears and lockers, but he had also recently put 37's on his so he had no troubles at all.

Upon leaving the top, we continued on in a westerly direction that isn't listed in the original post. It's gnarlier than any of the other approaches and we probably would not have made it up in that direction. It was pretty hairy even coming down. But that Crawler gear is badass, holding the Bronco back for a controlled descent even without any of the fancy Goat Modes or cheat codes that come in the Broncos that cost twice as much :)

There are tons of cool things to see in the area so we made a day of it, visiting several interesting spots pertaining to natural, geologic and human history. If anyone is headed out there DM me and I'll get you a few waypoints for interesting things to check out while you're in the area.

Panoramic view from the top:

Ford Bronco Bronco Knoll Named and Marked From Easter Egg Coordinates IMG_0825-4000w

The benchmark placed by Bronco Nation:

Ford Bronco Bronco Knoll Named and Marked From Easter Egg Coordinates IMG_0821.JPG

We took a bunch of video and we'll be posting it up on our YouTube channel at some point. I'll add a link to it here when we do :)

OP
OP
Torgsurv

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice! Great to see a Base make it up! I haven't attempted the route from the West yet, but I want to give it a shot next time I'm out there. There's also a longer approach from the North that looks interesting.
Sponsored