Sponsored

Bronco losing navigation (temporarily due to chip shortage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah if it was listed as part of the Package that was purchased at a price determined by Ford then there should definitely be some taken off MSRP for not delivering.
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thank god I have a confirmed April 25 build date šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ˜
Fordā€™s just going to leave it off your Bronco and tell you theyā€™re going to ship the module to your dealership within 12 months. After 12 months they are going to say oh shit we dropped that, sorry

BroncoNapped

Base
First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got a Base on order....no loss for me...

....besides sometimes getting lost and finding new stuff is part of the fun

Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Considering that most of the areas we go hiking and backpacking, (you know, Bronco stuff) have absolutely no cell service. The carplay/Android auto option is useless. I also don't love the idea of paying $54,000 for a brand new vehicle just to have a janky ass Garmin on the dash like my rusted '96 civic in college. The off road maps were one of the primary features and one of the big selling points for us when we reserved our Bronco almost 2 YEARS AGO! Decontent dealer stock all you like Ford. People buying off the lot know what they are getting. However I've been waiting patiently with the apparently foolish expectation that what I ordered is what I will get. Had I known this ahead of time I would have '99ed my order until it could have been built they way I ordered it, but no, I have a build date now...5/2. It's kind of fitting though, that Ford would take this one last opportunity to screw me over in what has been the most ridiculous and convoluted car buying experience of my life.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So will anyone who should be receiving this receive a discount? Doesnā€™t seem right that they just donā€™t deliver on a feature thatā€™s a major selling point of the mid package then charge the full amount.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you use iOS, you guys do know that there are several offline map apps including Google? I don't see this as a big deal but it does suck for those that wanted the functionality built into the vehicle.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Considering that most of the areas we go hiking and backpacking, (you know, Bronco stuff) have absolutely no cell service. The carplay/Android auto option is useless. I also don't love the idea of paying $54,000 for a brand new vehicle just to have a janky ass Garmin on the dash like my rusted '96 civic in college. The off road maps were one of the primary features and one of the big selling points for us when we reserved our Bronco almost 2 YEARS AGO! Decontent dealer stock all you like Ford. People buying off the lot know what they are getting. However I've been waiting patiently with the apparently foolish expectation that what I ordered is what I will get. Had I known this ahead of time I would have '99ed my order until it could have been built they way I ordered it, but no, I have a build date now...5/2. It's kind of fitting though, that Ford would take this one last opportunity to screw me over in what has been the most ridiculous and convoluted car buying experience of my life.
hey, just wanted to point out how ridiculous your comment is.

A 1996 Civic LX with air conditioning (this gets you the power windows, single airbag, still has rear drums) carried a kitted out MSRP of $17,280

Now, since we don't actually still live in 1996, we have to adjust for inflation so our argument holds water.

Ford Bronco Bronco losing navigation (temporarily due to chip shortage) 1649123999082

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

snap-oh-snap.gif

Your Bronco is actually CHEAPER than the 1996 Civic you're trying to say was better than the "garbage" you're getting here in 2022.

Lets just face it, when push comes to shove, you're getting a hell of a lot of vehicle in the 6th gen Bronco at the prices each trim level costs.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is fulfillment of the non essential chip prophecy from the NADA meeting.

II called this out a potential module that could be one they could choose to eliminate..

From my post in this thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...n-safety-critical-features.39131/post-1278838

THe GPSM would house the navigation.

And potential modulesā€¦here are some I came up with as possible and not possible.

It will have to be a module that is accessible and not part of critical functions. Based on some modules from a 2012 F150, assuming similar, some candidates are PAM (parking aid module), APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module (sync voice, audio in jack),
GPSM (Global Positioning System Module),
DSM - Driver Seat Module (memory seat position, mirror positioning, adjustable pedals )
DCSM (Dual Climate Controlled Seat Module-Heated Seats)

Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will this suck but the big concerning part about this article is this
On the same token, it doesnā€™t appear likely that Ford dealers will be able to add this feature at a later date, which has been the case with other models, including the Ford Explorer ā€“ which has temporarily lost its rear-seat climate controls, and Active Park Assist 2.0, which has recently been removed from the 2022 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E EV crossover, 2022 Ford Expedition SUV, and 2022 Lincoln Navigator luxury SUV. However, owners will still be able to use their phones for navigation via Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, which is standard on all Bronco trims.
If ford going to take options away and never give them to us that kind of fuck up when we pay for them

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Send it. Anyone that has a problem with this should 99 their order.
People that are pissed at Ford for this don't understand how F'd up things are right now. Not Ford's fault. If you think they are pleased with current supply conditions and are out to screw you, you don't understand anything and this forum won't help you.
If they can't get the parts, they can't get them to you. Perhaps people should do more research on their elected representatives.. lol

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Send it. Anyone that has a problem with this should 99 their order.
People that are pissed at Ford for this don't understand how F'd up things are right now. Not Ford's fault. If you think they are pleased with current supply conditions and are out to screw you, you don't understand anything and this forum won't help you.
If they can't get the parts, they can't get them to you. Perhaps people should do more research on their elected representatives.. lol
Seems like it actually is Fordā€™s fault. Ford didnā€™t buy as many chips as normal because they didnā€™t think people would be buying cars during the pandemic. They took a big risk and made a mistake, and now not only are they paying for it, but so are the consumers as well the dealers.

Ford is just trying to patch the leaks at this point to please the shareholders by selling more Broncos faster by clearing the holding lots.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Will this suck but the big concerning part about this article is this

If ford going to take options away and never give them to us that kind of fuck up when we pay for them
They will add them backā€¦read the non essential chip thread. Ford reported to the dealers they would be replaced within a year.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.