First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad my future OBX two door is not sitting outside in the elements, with no love for weeks....
Sponsored

WhoaNelly

Big Bend
First Name
Viraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, MV Agusta TV800
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pretty sure I counted at least 3 CG non-sas BB 2-doors with roof racks. Release one of them!

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dear Ford, What's the plan?

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, call me crazy, maybe I just know absolutely nothing about how vehicle production works……but why aren’t they doing QC on the MIC prior to installing them on the Broncos?? Or maybe they are and so the MIC tops aren’t the hold up? Someone please enlighten me 🤷‍♀️

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, call me crazy, maybe I just know absolutely nothing about how vehicle production works……but why aren’t they doing QC on the MIC prior to installing them on the Broncos?? Or maybe they are and so the MIC tops aren’t the hold up? Someone please enlighten me 🤷‍♀️
Just my take from what I've read.
In the first few production runs they didn't even notice the problems in QC. Only when some delivered ones had complaints did they stop shipping. By then they had made hundreds or thousands with the same issues, like uneven edges, leaks, headliner crumbling etc.
Some tops develop the honeycomb pattern after install.
So they parked them instead of shipped them.
Other Broncos are in the lot for different reasons, probably hundreds of missing and bad chips, bad tires, who knows what else.
They're sure doing QC on the MIC tops now. 🤦‍♂️

Sponsored

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just my take from what I've read.
In the first few production runs they didn't even notice the problems in QC. Only when some delivered ones had complaints did they stop shipping. By then they had made hundreds or thousands with the same issues, like uneven edges, leaks, headliner crumbling etc.
Some tops develop the honeycomb pattern after install.
So they parked them instead of shipped them.
Other Broncos are in the lot for different reasons, probably hundreds of missing and bad chips, bad tires, who knows what else.
They're sure doing QC on the MIC tops now. 🤦‍♂️
I guess just kinda surprised they weren’t doing QC on the tops even before they noticed the problems….but again. I don’t know anything about manufacturing

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you see my Bronco in there, tell it to stay strong, we're going to bust them out soon... Wolverines!!! ;)

cdawg65

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 bronco2,2019 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey,you remember when all those people were going to get together and storm area 51 ?? Welll . .

'68'72'95'21

Badlands
First Name
J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know there have been pics of 2-doors stuck with “bad top” written on them but this is an insane amount of Broncos stuck in limbo.

It will be interesting to see the door sticker with the production date when we finally get these. I'm going assume I will get my 7/30/20 reservation in about January of '22 but with a sticker production date date of sometime last month.... sigh. Sitting, in the sun, on flat tires... hopefully without rodents nesting in the chassis and eating wire insulation. yay Ford. Fabulous execution of the big roll out on a vehicle that's been in planning for nearly a decade. And all this good news on "Infinity day"... irony???

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are all waiting to be transported and like said earlier in this post the inventory on these lots most likely changes on a daily rate it is all a step in the right direction and we will get our Broncos eventually

Sponsored

TheHuntMan

Big Bend
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 1994 Bronco XLT, 2018 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know there have been pics of 2-doors stuck with “bad top” written on them but this is an insane amount of Broncos stuck in limbo.

Even the MIC cones don't stand up.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If anyone is really that impatient, those are 100% sitting there with the keys in them. Just go pick yours up if you're cool with a non passing QC roof.

In fact, makes me wonder how many will be stolen before the roof is fixed and shipped out?

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If anyone is really that impatient, those are 100% sitting there with the keys in them. Just go pick yours up if you're cool with a non passing QC roof.

In fact, makes me wonder how many will be stolen before the roof is fixed and shipped out?
If its a bad chip, they're not going anywhere. đź‘Ť
Sponsored