First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Huuummmm..... I see a resemblance........
2019-09-10 07_40_42-Start.png

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Go look at the other threads, Ford has been using various models in the patents.
From Trollers to gen 5 broncos.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would be perfectly happy if they would just give us a troller with a removeable top.

Sponsored

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know it really doesn't matter, but I'm getting sick of the complete blackout of information coming out of Ford. Like, do they have any interest in building interest in the new Bronco? I consider myself a pretty die hard fan, but this shit is getting tiresome.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know it really doesn't matter, but I'm getting sick of the complete blackout of information coming out of Ford. Like, do they have any interest in building interest in the new Bronco? I consider myself a pretty die hard fan, but this shit is getting tiresome.
I’m tired of it too but carmaker1 implied they are keeping it so tight to keep Jeep from being able to respond with the refreshed JL in 2022. Which makes sense, still annoying though.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is exactly it, well almost exactly... as others pointed out the original announcement was more or less forced by a leak. Ford did not want to announce it this early, from my experience they had only JUST begun work on the new program when the whole thing was announced. That's not usually how Ford times releases.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's probably right. But it's not like it was all leaks. They even put up a website for it. At this point, it feels worse that the NSX, Demon, and Supra combined. And I wasn't even a buyer for those.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is going through so many changes and new vehicles that it appears they have this strict rollout structure lately. With the new Explore and Aviator. The new Tremor package on the SD. This Mach-E debut and probably trying to get the most out the Ranger being back it makes sense to me what they are doing but it is super frustrating.

I really hope they do ramp it up soon though and get the hype going again because I think most the public has forgotten or moved on. To the casual enthusiast they are probably chalking it up to just another rumor like we had all through the 2000’s

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco II

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This announcement in 2017 is what made everyone believe it was model year 2020. They announced Ranger was 2019 and it was. They said Bronco was 2020 and well, now it's 2021.

https://www.carscoops.com/2017/01/ford-confirms-new-bronco-suv-for-2020/
That's it in a nut shell. And what makes it worse is that GM said a couple months after Bronco was let out of the bag that they were bringing back the Blazer and the Blazer was released for sale first. Yes I know Blazer isn't in the category but a vast majority of the public don't understand this they only understand Blazer was first.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only silver lining at this point is it looks like they're working on making it right. Seeing all these door patents, ideas and saying all the right things make it all look promising. Id be shocked at this point if they drop the ball or don't build it right.
Sponsored

Last edited: