Bronco Mirror Location Patent

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco is still a 2020 not 21.
Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford says it's "Coming in 2020" but that's the reveal. The actual model and when you can actually buy it is supposed to be 2021

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is exactly it, well almost exactly... as others pointed out the original announcement was more or less forced by a leak. Ford did not want to announce it this early, from my experience they had only JUST begun work on the new program when the whole thing was announced. That's not usually how Ford times releases.
weird. I thought Ford wouldn't ever comment on rumors or speculations.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This announcement in 2017 is what made everyone believe it was model year 2020. They announced Ranger was 2019 and it was. They said Bronco was 2020 and well, now it's 2021.

https://www.carscoops.com/2017/01/ford-confirms-new-bronco-suv-for-2020/
I have yet to see an actual quote from Ford wherein they stated it was a 2020MY vehicle. "Coming in 2020" in no way asserts that it will be in showrooms on January 1, 2020, nor does it provide any basis for the expectation that it would be available for delivery in late 2019.

The problem with scheduling a midyear release is that if the production schedule slips (as it apparently did), you wind up potentially passing the flag that you arbitrarily planted. But since the calendar itself is an arbitrary measurement of time, that's inherent in the recipe.

What the media spread isn't backed up with facts - they spewed their own incorrect interpretation. Not that there's any big surprise there.

That's it in a nut shell. And what makes it worse is that GM said a couple months after Bronco was let out of the bag that they were bringing back the Blazer and the Blazer was released for sale first. Yes I know Blazer isn't in the category but a vast majority of the public don't understand this they only understand Blazer was first.
That doesn't make it worse in any manner whatsoever. The "vast majority of the public" doesn't care about either the Bronco or the Blazer; the minute percentage who are interested in them have enough interest to distinguish between a Wrangler rival and a Camry with "bold styling". Anyone who gives some sort of finish line "points" to a manufacturer for coming out first with their weak sauce model as opposed to another taking the time to do it well is going to get laughed out of any serious automotive discussion. If someone was potentially in the market for a Bronco and purchased the Blazer because it released for sale first, I would say they got the car they deserved. The people who don't know the difference between the two weren't really in the market for a Bronco in the first place, and will have zero effect on sales figures.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Glad they reworked the look...imagine waiting thru all this suspense & the only prize in your Cracker Jack box is Wrangler2

OP
OP
Bronco II

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm as guilty as most everyone else when you say "coming in 2020" it makes you think it's going to be a 2020 MY car. Now if Ford had phrased it "coming in late 2020" then we would all have known it was a 2021 MY car.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Literally 100% not true. It’s been a 2021 model from the start.
I miss read an early post as not coming till 2021, I was referring to availability. We will see it and buy it in 2020.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point I’m not sure what I’m more excited about, the Bronco or the fact that there’s only about 52 more weeks until this lame beat to death argument quits coming up.
Aren't we already there? Other 2020 models are already on the showroom floor and available to configure online. Yet, we still have no clue what the Bronco will even look like, let alone most of the other details. The 2020 MY Bronco rumor is officially dead.

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just don't see why Ford can't start releasing renderings of the body. They can still keep the details of powertrain and suspension a secret. Heck as for the body renderings, they can even hide the fact that any parts are removable. Just something that is true to where that are heading.

OP
OP
Bronco II

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just don't see why Ford can't start releasing renderings of the body. They can still keep the details of powertrain and suspension a secret. Heck as for the body renderings, they can even hide the fact that any parts are removable. Just something that is true to where that are heading.
I really hope that when Bronco is finally revealed it's a out of the park home run and not one of those " What The Hell " moments.
Sponsored