Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There seems to be a misconception about what the different Bronco models really are. Let me help. 😁

To Ford, this is the model range:
  • BASE
  • OBX
  • BADLANDS
  • WILDTRAK
We can hem and haw about why certain combos and features are not offered on certain models, but the list above is your answer. The only way to bust out of this lineup (mechanically) is to get the Sasquatch package. Otherwise, accept your fate and make the best of it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
BB and BD?
You hit a wall on BD and BB. People seem to not understand why these models are artificially limited. This is why. They are really non-models. No disrespect to them, I'm on team BB, but Ford doesn't want you in these models. They want you on a higher trim.

Sponsored

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You hit a wall on BD and BB. People seem to not understand why these models are artificially limited. This is why. They are really non-models. No disrespect to them, I'm on team BB, but Ford doesn't want you in these models. They want you on a higher trim.
I gotcha now

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe you need to expand on that thought process? Im not getting the artificially limited?? \

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There seems to be a misconception about what the different Bronco models really are. Let me help. 😁

• BASE
  • OBX
  • BADLANDS
  • WILDTRAK
We can hem and haw about why certain combos and features are not offered on certain models, but the list above is your answer. The only way to bust out of this lineup (mechanically) is to get the Sasquatch package. Otherwise, accept your fate and make the best of it.
Sorry but WT is the biggest non model ever. It literally has no purpose except to grab people that think they are getting the best model. It does NOTHING special. All it is is a less than desirable interior and black painted parts. Should have been a blackout package for the OBX and been done with it.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

• BASE
  • OBX
  • BADLANDS
  • WILDTRAK
Yes. If you’re in a BD, ask yourself why Ford won’t give you the 12” screen?

They want you to upgrade...if you want that package jussssttttttt enough you might be willing to pay 6K+ for it and jump up a model.

Sponsored

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
NO! It's my model that is the worst and most ignored stepchild of Ford!

J/K --I don't know if I see it exactly the same way, but the "you gotta upgrade in order to upgrade" game is a bit of a bummer for sure.

Drunken Wisdom (END)

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

• BASE
  • OBX
  • BADLANDS
  • WILDTRAK
I can go with that theory. BB is a glorified Base. Only thing I get out of my BB is Race Red and the 4.27 rear locker.

BD is an armored Base.
OBX - Ooh 18" wheels 🤮

Badlands incorporated the better suspension.
WildTrak adds in Squatch. Kind've really glorified Base, just a little nicer.

Now answer the real question, will the BB need a lift for 295's? Or am I good with new wheels? That's the one thing Ford isn't telling us, the Base thru BD/OBX suspension!! 🤬🤬

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No offense but you aren't making any sense. I assume you are trying to make a point that no one else is getting.
No worries. This is a sorta "Man behind the curtain" type post. The recent "why doesn't BD..." threads made me realize that some people were under the impression that BD was a junior Badlands and frustrated that Ford locks you out of obtaining that status from the factory sans Sasquatch. I was just illustrating why that is. If you think of the model lineup as I have it listed, everything will make sense as to why these oddities exist.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

• BASE
  • OBX
  • BADLANDS
  • WILDTRAK
Ford Bronco Bronco model misconceptions yy7
Sponsored