PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you making that comparison in reference to the base Sas not having the remote uncoupling of the front sway bar? Or are there other key differences between base Sas and the others in term of off-roading functionality?
Far as I know, yes, that's it. Maybe another GOAT mode or two. Meh...
Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's not meant as a gripe thread. It's a response for gripe threads in an odd sort of backwards way. 😁 I hope it helps people.
Bah, I am pissy today, and should not have responded. I should have taken it as good intentions.

Sorry for the grumpy response, have a good one.

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There seems to be a misconception about what the different Bronco models really are. Let me help. 😁

To Ford, this is the model range:
  • BASE
  • OBX
  • BADLANDS
  • WILDTRAK
We can hem and haw about why certain combos and features are not offered on certain models, but the list above is your answer. The only way to bust out of this lineup (mechanically) is to get the Sasquatch package. Otherwise, accept your fate and make the best of it.
profit profit profit profit profit profit profit.....

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get it.
Every time I tried to build a BB or BD I ended up higher than a Badlands, so I tried to cut corners and ended up only shaving a few grand off... end up right at that point where you think, ...."for $2 or 3 grand more I'm an a Badlands."
Then , if I decided on whatever day, that I was going to accept the auto, you end up at Wildtrak, because if you're being forced into the auto, might as well spring for the 6 also...it's only $1500.......

Finally got fed up with the bullshit and just ordered a $32k Base ...LOL.
Once I set my sights on Base, I was happy and excited. All the worries of budget vs value went away.
In the end , it's all I really need, can fit up to 34" tires (maybe - most likely) and will be everything I thought a new Bronco (or my resto-modded 69) should be.....and my payment is like $200 (or more) a month cheaper.

My res is EARLY, I'm in the top spot at the dealer ....I'm freaking PUMPED and can't wait to get an email with the good news!

Sponsored

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I get it.
Every time I tried to build a BB or BD I ended up higher than a Badlands, so I tried to cut corners and ended up only shaving a few grand off... end up right at that point where you think, ...."for $2 or 3 grand more I'm an a Badlands."
Then , if I decided on whatever day, that I was going to accept the auto, you end up at Wildtrak, because if you're being forced into the auto, might as well spring for the 6 also...it's only $1500.......

Finally got fed up with the bullshit and just ordered a $32k Base ...LOL.
Once I set my sights on Base, I was happy and excited. All the worries of budget vs value went away.
In the end , it's all I really need, can fit up to 34" tires (maybe - most likely) and will be everything I thought a new Bronco (or my resto-modded 69) should be.....and my payment is like $200 (or more) a month cheaper.

My res is EARLY, I'm in the top spot at the dealer ....I'm freaking PUMPED and can't wait to get an email with the good news!
When you're on the trail, and you hear that scraping sound along the side of your Bronco, you'll be glad you bought a base. Get white- easiest to repaint!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Some days I look at my non Sas BB as a poor man's Wildtrak: Same upholstery, bumpers and fog lights.

Some days I look at it as a poor man's BD: Rear locker and 32 inch tires.

Some days I look at it as a rich man's Base: Nice wheels, tint, leather wrap wheel/shift knob

Last edited:

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Talk to Ford‘s rockstars then. Just using their terminology.

Ford Bronco Bronco model misconceptions IMG_0435.JPG
Interesting. I don’t know why I never noticed (probably because I didn’t build and price in the US), but the upgrade from Base to Big Bend in Canada is only $1500.00 Canadian pesos, which is like $1200 US. The jump down south is a whoppin’ $4,885 US.

No wonder BB is projected to retain the most value over time %-wise (according to that other thread whose title I don’t quite recollect).

....I suspect the BB specs a little different in Canada than down there..... I know for one block heaters are NOT optional in Canada... lol; but I think your BBs have some items standard ours don’t?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you're on the trail, and you hear that scraping sound along the side of your Bronco, you'll be glad you bought a base. Get white- easiest to repaint!

LOL, went AMB, though Oxford White lured me for a bit!

I feel like I'm outta my mind because I look forward to trail rubs and scrapes on this one...which is usually not "me"..... at all.
Apparently, The Bronco-Spirit Horse has possessed me!!!

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mustang GTA

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is pointless bullshit. Think of something else in theory we need to f-ing ponder.

Reactions: Rpm

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is pointless bullshit. Think of something else in theory we need to f-ing ponder.
LOL, welcome to B6G!
Pull up a chair and be prepared to wait....and bitch!.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs