Broncode

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a chance to drive a Ford F150 Raptor, and I gotta say....it’s pretty badass! I actually really like it! The payments are within my range and so I am kind of in a bind now as to whether I should get a Raptor or wait for the Bronco. I know they are two different vehicles and I love the Broncos styling. However, the Raptor is one hell of a truck!

If you had to choose between the two, what would you choose and why? (forget this is a Bronco forum)
Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I also love the Raptor, but I live in the city and don't get out to the country as much as I'd like, the Raptor is just too big. If you live in Arizona; seems perfect for a Raptor. Of course; do you really need or want a track vs. an suv? If you have a family and/ or dogs, will they fit in the Raptor? If so, I'd say Raptor all the way. If you need more seating, and/ or dogs in the back (of an suv), the Bronco might be better.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am excited to get a Bronco, but I sure as hell aint getting rid of the Raptor. I got room in my driveway.

If I had to get rid of my Raptor to get a Bronco? Wouldn't do it.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a chance to drive a Ford F150 Raptor, and I gotta say....it’s pretty badass! I actually really like it! The payments are within my range and so I am kind of in a bind now as to whether I should get a Raptor or wait for the Bronco. I know they are two different vehicles and I love the Broncos styling. However, the Raptor is one hell of a truck!

If you had to choose between the two, what would you choose and why? (forget this is a Bronco forum)
I am keeping the Raptor and getting a Bronco also. Different applications, so really depends on your needs/wants. For me personally, I would choose Raptor if I could only have one. The Raptor has better street performance due to AWD/torsen and long/wide size, but it won't handle tight/narrow Jeep trails. The Raptor is wide, but mirrors fold in (pushbutton) for easy parking in garage.

If you go Raptor, you will probably want a tune for transmission and engine to wake it up (but not too firm on the shifts, or it will torque steer on fast cornering in AWD). Stock tune is not very impressive, so keep that in mind on test drive.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

[
I’ve had a 2020 Raptor for 8 mos now and coming from a SuperDuty.. Meh, it’s “alright.” The ride is awesome but I honesty don’t see anything overly special about it..
Ford Bronco Bronco or Raptor? 8CA343A8-576C-4BF3-8AA2-01F81C9171EC
I suggest you run some sand dunes, fire roads in excess of 60 miles an hour, And find yourself a good set of whoops and use the truck what it was built for and then that in a super duty...or a Bronco.

There is nothing special until you realize no other stock truck can do what the Raptor can and drive home like it was a day in the park.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tremor and the Bronco is the best of both worlds.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had a 2020 Raptor for 8 mos now and coming from a SuperDuty.. Meh, it’s “alright.” The ride is awesome but I honesty don’t see anything overly special about it..
Ford Bronco Bronco or Raptor? 8CA343A8-576C-4BF3-8AA2-01F81C9171EC
Your post intrigues me. That looks like a truck that someone is proud of and takes great care of. What do you consider 'meh', and what do you hope is better about the bronco?

Upgrading to a 2nd gen Raptor is my back up plan if production is delayed too long or Ford just doesn't clean up a few things... so I would really appreciate your input.

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a 2019 F350 for the payload and pulling my trailer. The Raptor is limited on towing capacity because it was designed for off-road. I looked at the towing capacity of the Tremor and although it can pull more, it still doesn't reach full 250 capacity. I am getting the Bronco for the trail ride opportunities; Also because it looks better than Jeep (I have Ford blood); and as a former Bronco owner the overall satisfaction of owning a Bronco.

Last edited:

Sponsored

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All depends on your needs/wants.
If you need the room and the additional tow capacity the Raptor is the way go.
If you don't and you want to go down narrow trails/rock crawling then the Bronco is the way to go.
I want both so I will have both

IMG_20180915_092454.jpg

Buckn37s

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20’ Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your post intrigues me. That looks like a truck that someone is proud of and takes great care of. What do you consider 'meh', and what do you hope is better about the bronco?

Upgrading to a 2nd gen Raptor is my back up plan if production is delayed too long or Ford just doesn't clean up a few things... so I would really appreciate your input.
I take great care of all of my vehicles, no question about it. If you’re going to pay for something, why trash it? So I bought the 802a package which is the best of the best, but found my Super Duty still had far more “options,” more power (was tuned / deleted as well as current Raptor has Cobb upgrades / tuned) etc.

Just doesn’t “excite me” I suppose and they are a dime a dozen in Texas. I ran a tuned Super Duty the other day and got crushed, even pushing 530+ HP..

Bronco for me will be a toy to hit some trails, take down to the creeks, bring to the ranch and use to hunt, etc.

Buckn37s

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20’ Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
[

I suggest you run some sand dunes, fire roads in excess of 60 miles an hour, And find yourself a good set of whoops and use the truck what it was built for and then that in a super duty...or a Bronco.

There is nothing special until you realize no other stock truck can do what the Raptor can and drive home like it was a day in the park.
Unless you’re doing a bunch of upgrades such as fiberglass fenders, UCA's, tie-rods, bump stops, etc you arent doing 60+ on any dunes, fire roads or jumping anything but a parking lot speed bump or curb without tearing something up.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2019 F350 for the payload and pulling my trailer. The Raptor is limited on towing capacity because it was designed for off-road. I looked at the towing capacity of the Tremor and although it can pull more, it still doesn't reach full 250 capacity. I am getting the Bronco for the trail ride opportunities; Also because it looks better than Jeep (I have Ford blood); and as a former Bronco owner the overall satisfaction of owning a Bronco.
What is full capacity? I was under the impression it could tow as much as any 350 srw 6.7 could.