Bronco or Raptor?

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless you’re doing a bunch of upgrades such as fiberglass fenders, UCA's, tie-rods, bump stops, etc you arent doing 60+ on any dunes, fire roads or jumping anything but a parking lot speed bump or curb without tearing something up.
Then its not as tough as the 1st gen. They were doing 80-100 mph off road trail and desert runs all the time and built for it.
Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks cool though..

CB7335BA-3E17-42FD-9D9C-553C93FD078D.jpeg
no doubt... one of the best front ends ever in a truck. I thought my Gen1 had a timeless look. I was wrong. Love your tuck.

SouthernBronco6g

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m interested in the Ranger Raptor with awd and 2.7 EB V6.

whichever one is available first Bronco or Ranger Raptor.

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What is full capacity? I was under the impression it could tow as much as any 350 srw 6.7 could.
I could be wrong as I am not an expert... 2020 Raptor is 8000 tow capacity. Tremor 250/350 is only limited to 15k (conventional tow or commonly know as bumper pull). 20k non-Tremor. So I guess you could say it definitely pulls more than a F150. ?‍♂ Ironically, I bought the 2019 F350 because I wasn't sure of the 10-speed tranny matched w/ the 6.7L.

Vegas_Sirk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am excited to get a Bronco, but I sure as hell aint getting rid of the Raptor. I got room in my driveway.

If I had to get rid of my Raptor to get a Bronco? Wouldn't do it.
Same here. Bronco looks awesome but I LOVE my Raptor. Can do offroad stuff, and truck stuff.

Unless you’re doing a bunch of upgrades such as fiberglass fenders, UCA's, tie-rods, bump stops, etc you arent doing 60+ on any dunes, fire roads or jumping anything but a parking lot speed bump or curb without tearing something up.
My Raptor is on stock suspension (Gen 2 with the fox live valve) and I have done multiple fire roads well in excess of 60mph without issue. I have also done small whoops and crawled rocky trails all without any problems what so ever. Maybe your just worried about "tearing something up"

Did you attend the Raptor Assult school that comes free with your Raptor purchase? If not you really should give it a try as it will give you a better idea of how much you can push these trucks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could be wrong as I am not an expert... 2020 Raptor is 8000 tow capacity. Tremor 250/350 is only limited to 15k (conventional tow or commonly know as bumper pull). 20k non-Tremor. So I guess you could say it definitely pulls more than a F150. ?‍♂ Ironically, I bought the 2019 F350 because I wasn't sure of the 10-speed tranny matched w/ the 6.7L.
350 Tremor is 20,700 5th wheel.
“The truck has a very high towing capacity having its 7.3L V8. The feature enables F-250 to haul to the extent of 15,000 lbs. At the same time, F-350 has a towing capacity of 20,700 lbs. But if the owner chooses to use 6.7 turbo-diesel, the potent truck can attain 20,000-21,200 lbs towing power.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ho...nt-know-about-the-2020-ford-f-250-tremor/amp/

CFC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m interested in the Ranger Raptor with awd and 2.7 EB V6.

whichever one is available first Bronco or Ranger Raptor.
That would be the Bronco , Ranger raptor isn’t being sold in the states Unless that has changed

Dark Knight

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am honestly torn between the two. The raptor probably has more every day use with the space and bed. But the bronco looks so fun. I don't want to lose value on my trade in (19 rubicon) waiting 2 years for the bronco to release.

Shirt8u1

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All depends on your needs/wants.
If you need the room and the additional tow capacity the Raptor is the way go.
If you don't and you want to go down narrow trails/rock crawling then the Bronco is the way to go.
I want both so I will have both

IMG_20180915_092454.jpg
I LIke YOUR Style..

Shirt8u1

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I take great care of all of my vehicles, no question about it. If you’re going to pay for something, why trash it? So I bought the 802a package which is the best of the best, but found my Super Duty still had far more “options,” more power (was tuned / deleted as well as current Raptor has Cobb upgrades / tuned) etc.

Just doesn’t “excite me” I suppose and they are a dime a dozen in Texas. I ran a tuned Super Duty the other day and got crushed, even pushing 530+ HP..

Bronco for me will be a toy to hit some trails, take down to the creeks, bring to the ranch and use to hunt, etc.
I got a F-250 Tuned,
500 plus HP.
So I know what you talking about, it screams and will run well over 120 MPH..
They are so Bad ass, but I think I would love to have a Raptor also.

Sponsored

Buckn37s

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20’ Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a F-250 Tuned,
500 plus HP.
So I know what you talking about, it screams and will run well over 120 MPH..
They are so Bad ass, but I think I would love to have a Raptor also.
Endless options building / tuning on the 6.7 platform.. They will run like a scalded dog and are as reliable as could be.. Won’t hear that on the Raptor platform with the dreaded Cam Phaser issues they’ve had.. Hopefully they’ve fixed it on the 20’s but have heard bad things about previous years. I’ve got 9000 on mine currently and fortunately haven’t had any issues-

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OrangecrushAZ

Badlands
First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Raptor, ‘17 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s nothing meh about the Raptor. For a daily driver that can go anywhere at speed, it is truly one of a kind. If you wanna tow a heavy load, get a super duty. If you wanna street race, get a sports car. If you wanna go 80 down a dirt road or wash In comfort, blasting an insane stereo, then drive the thing home, spray off the dust and mud and have maybe the best looking truck ever built, get a Raptor. It can’t tow the most, but 8000 is plenty for most people. It’s not the fastest thing on the road, but 0~60 in just over 5 seconds STOCK, is plenty fast. Truly and incredible all around vehicle.

It was mentioned earlier, the only limitation is it’s size on tight trails. I live in AZ and there’s plenty of elbow room for the Raptor. I am getting a Bronco as well for places the Raptor can’t get, but also the topless experience and a manual transmission. But if I had to choose between one of the other for a daily, Raptor all the way.

88ED9829-C6C5-40EF-9C23-B524F7219E12.jpeg

D3190161-1424-4E90-88D8-EAE12999D5A9.jpeg

020C4A72-FA94-457D-B689-3248625BF1D3.jpeg

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I do not think you will be able to make an intelligent decision until you are able to drive a Bronco.

For the limited off roading I do, the Raptor is too big. I can get my F150 around the trails at our camp, but the smaller JT is better suited.

For long trips etc... can't beat the ride of the F150.

If you want the best of both worlds, get both.
Sponsored