Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No but the First Editions are the only ones guaranteed to be 2021’s, so a lot of FE’s will likely jump the line. Every other model can potentially be bumped to 2022 to accomodate building FE’s.

So hypothetically, if Ford only has enough parts or scheduling capacity to only build 7000 Broncos in MY21, all FE’s get built first.
Its not as if any FEs were ordered late enough that they’d need to jump the line.
Sponsored

Lai

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 F100, '70 F250, '08 Durango
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I called my dealer to Squatch my OBX (7/14 res - 1/21 order). He seemed to be aware of the scheduling situation. He said they have 13 for the dealership. He wasn't sure what models/customers were to be scheduled (he was off today). He did tell me that he will change my order first thing in the AM and email me the confirmation. I guess if he says he can't change it I'm either being scheduled or there is a cutoff for changes. But I'm pretty sure April 9 was to add the headliner to the top on BD or BL.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was a simple answer to a question about allocation. I put in my disclaimer. I merely provided a valid and possible explanation. That I know of, there are no high-level Ford employees here providing answers to questions like that, so when someone asks, it seems like they're just looking for people's best, most logical guesses.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea but people are still able to change their orders. Some even said they were able to do it today. So something is messed up
It could be that Ford made the "you have until April 9" statement because they knew that the earliest VINs would be allocated soon after, thereby locking in orders for at least those early customers. It's easier than saying, "Some of you, who we can't name yet, will be in early production and need to get your changes in before April 9. Others will have a little more time. Many will have a lot more time."

No one can say for certain why some orders are locked, and the lazy salesman theory is definitely plausible. Also plausible is that at least a batch are because VINs are getting assigned to the first ones heading out the door, whenever that date actually is.

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No but the First Editions are the only ones guaranteed to be 2021’s, so a lot of FE’s will likely jump the line. Every other model can potentially be bumped to 2022 to accomodate building FE’s.

So hypothetically, if Ford only has enough parts or scheduling capacity to only build 7000 Broncos in MY21, all FE’s get built first.
The only reason First Editions would be built first is because all the first editions have early reservation time stamps. Ford is building 52,000 Broncos for MY21, so there will be far more than First Editions built.

Sponsored

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've kind of been imaging that Albert is the Bachelor and we're all waiting for our one-on-one dates, but yeah, Zach works as Santa too! Or the Easter Bunny :LOL:

Bring me some chocolate! (Sorry...obviously too much coffee this morning.)
Haha
I felt weird reading this until I checked and saw you're a lady. The bachelor analogy never even crossed my mind. Here's to your rose and my excitement to just grab a beer after getting my new bronco from granger 🍻

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine doesn't either...or at least that's what they're telling me
My dealer was very upfront in telling me that they are very "frustrated" in the correspondence from Ford. Said that the customers are far more informed then them, likely due to web forums.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer was very upfront in telling me that they are very "frustrated" in the correspondence from Ford. Said that the customers are far more informed then them, likely due to web forums.
Sounds like they should spend some time on the forums then.

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco Order Scheduling Starts Now! 82813581-CBFC-40B4-A0B7-0756DDA74506
Hopefully when we get our build date estimate email along with VIN # our pictures change for what we ordered as compared to what we reserved as well! I’ve been waiting for that to happen for some time lol

AtomJester

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco ii
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco Order Scheduling Starts Now! 82813581-CBFC-40B4-A0B7-0756DDA74506
Hopefully when we get our build date estimate email along with VIN # our pictures change for what we ordered as compared to what we reserved as well! I’ve been waiting for that to happen for some time lol
same...

Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny the dealers complain about correspondence with Ford Corporate. Every time I call corporate Bronco line they are extremely helpful and friendly. Even called my dealer for me while I was on hold.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the exciting update!

Do you know if FE orders with later time stamps are to be scheduled before non-FE orders with earlier time stamps?
They aren't building all the FEs in one group at the same time. They don't do batch builds.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is building 52,000 Broncos for MY21, so there will be far more than First Editions built.
I swear that number drops each and every day.

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 7/13 res, ordered by 1/20 or whenever that deadline was. Headliner added before 4/8. I went to the Pittsburgh event last week and decided to remove Sasquatch from my 2 DR Badlands yesterday. Dealer was able to do it.

My wife is 5' 2" and was having a hard time getting in/out on the First Edition there. Much better on the Non-Sas Badlands there. I'm not a tall guy and it was better for me as well.

Hope it doesn't affect anything, if it does, oh well.
Sponsored