First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldn't this with an extended cab just be a supercab Raptor? You can already buy those.
Two Door only (well maybe a suicide door on the drivers side to access the storage area better) with extra room behind the seat for storage is what I was trying to say.

teejayhoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This, but with an Extended Cab!!!!

Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Truck Mule.JPG
Hell, this. Exactly. (Well, maybe some production bumpers and a bit of quality control on the front of the truck bed)

I want a truck that fits in my garage. With a V8. With a stick shift. With 4WD. If I could give Ford $40-50K and walk out with the keys to a brand new truck identical to the one in that photo, I would. Today.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hell, this. Exactly. (Well, maybe some production bumpers and a bit of quality control on the front of the truck bed)

I want a truck that fits in my garage. With a V8. With a stick shift. With 4WD. If I could give Ford $40-50K and walk out with the keys to a brand new truck identical to the one in that photo, I would. Today.
eh, a few minor changes, like those bumpers, ain't paying 50k for something with that shit on there. unless there is a 1 dollar option for some good steel bumpers loaded into the bed....

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I'm not sure what to make of this ...

23 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:
In its current iteration, it kind of has to be. The next gen will present a more capable little brother for F-Series.

Bronco P/U, assuming it carries forward, is a relatively easy exercise, given the amount of A-grade hardware that can carryover. It can sell with ATPs higher than Ranger and is thought to be able to conquest - ironically - traditional Wrangler buyers.

And that's all I can say. For now.
Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Truck 1581473005076

???

Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Truck BroncoPicku

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be easy to do. All it needs is a bulkhead behind the front seats and a smaller removable hardtop, just like they did with the halfcab U14's in the EB.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be easy to do. All it needs is a bulkhead behind the front seats and a smaller removable hardtop, just like they did with the halfcab U14's in the EB.
I think you could even make a removeable bulkhead and multipiece top, then you could switch from topless, to SUV, to pickup, whatever your flavor or need for the day.

Sponsored

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think you could even make a removeable bulkhead and multipiece top, then you could switch from topless, to SUV, to pickup, whatever your flavor or need for the day.
If I could switch it from SUV to Pickup then take my money. Especially if you can have back seats fully covered in SUV form, then take everything out and have the bed be separate in Truck form.

Deleted member 2346

I've read the Jeep truck is selling bad and I truly feel it's because of looks and functionality. Functionally its too long to be a trail vehicle even to someone not really taking it on a trail (it just loses that trail rig look). And the long bed just looks silly IMO. Like others said, a stubby bed would look cool on it and chop a foot of overhang off the back. Most jeep buyers want the "truck" version just so they don't have to put mulch or dirt or other crap IN the cab with them. They aren't needing room for an atv (most...not all) or huge loads like an F150 has to do. The Hummer truck was a fail for this same reason... it looked odd. If bronco builds a truck, make it a shorter bed.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've read the Jeep truck is selling bad and I truly feel it's because of looks and functionality. Functionally its too loong to be a trail vehicle even to someone not on trail. And the long bed looks silly IMO. Like others said, a stubby bed would look cool on it and chop a foot of overhang off the back. Most jeep buyers want the truck just so they dont have to put mulch or dirt or other crap IN the cab with them. they are needing room for a atv (most...not all). The Hummer truck was a fail for this same reason... it look odd. If bronco builds a truck, make it a shorter bed.
With a shorter bed you'd lose functionality though. As is, you could actually put a couple of dirtbikes in it or an ATV. If it was shorter it would be more like the Hummer H2 SUT where it was fashion not function.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With a shorter bed you'd lose functionality though. As is, you could actually put a couple of dirtbikes in it or an ATV. If it was shorter it would be more like the Hummer H2 SUT where it was fashion not function.
if I'm putting an 800 lb ATV in in, or my 900# motorcycle, or even 2 250# dirtbikes, ill take the actual truck, the 150 or 250. the bronco isn't designed to get you to the trail to use your off-road equipment, it is designed to take you there and BE your off-road equipment. A bed would be for no more than stowing a bit of muddy camping gear or that deer you shot this morning

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if I'm putting an 800 lb ATV in in, or my 900# motorcycle, or even 2 250# dirtbikes, ill take the actual truck, the 150 or 250. the bronco isn't designed to get you to the trail to use your off-road equipment, it is designed to take you there and BE your off-road equipment. A bed would be for no more than stowing a bit of muddy camping gear or that deer you shot this morning
I'm hoping the Bronco to be a Jack of all trades and master of none. It will be my daily driver. Not everyone can afford to have a truck and an SUV and I don't want to tow a trailer up to the trails. I dont think an actual bed is very likely on the Bronco at this point though so I'll have to keep my truck.
Sponsored