Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So just for clarification, will my scheduled ‘23 2 door Badlands Shadow Black get built or not? I see on that doc it says some orders might get cancelled :-(
That’s what it sounds like. They can’t build if they don’t have the parts. Will just depend on where you stand in line.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So just for clarification, will my scheduled ‘23 2 door Badlands Shadow Black get built or not? I see on that doc it says some orders might get cancelled :-(
Only Ford knows. Check with your dealer. Do you have a VIN? If so, than you are safe.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

since ford is deleting all orders not scheduled to be built in 2023 this plant shut down changed things. Now there for sure will be scheduled for 2023 production broncos that won’t get built due to 6 weeks of stoppage. What they’re saying is some people with VINs will be notified of cancellations shortly. They’ll have to reorder for 2024 I’d assume. The question is will there be price protection. Ford has said zero price protection moving forward prior to the strike?
People should have no expectation of price protection if ordering for MY'24 regardless of the reason. It certainly is unfortunate for those affected. But Ford has been clear that MY'24 would end the extension of past private offers.

Ol’BHog

Heritage
First Name
Kirsten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Only Ford knows. Check with your dealer. Do you have a VIN? If so, than you are safe.
Yes I have a VIN but the info above makes it seem that even that won’t stop them cancelling 23 orders

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does this mean my SB BL with a 12/04 build date maybe cancelled?
Without a VIN, there is nothing to cancel. Your order will just exist in purgatory. You should contact your dealer to amend your order to remove constraints. If you are set on the SB, then I would be looking at existing dealer stock around the country.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes I have a VIN but the info above makes it seem that even that won’t stop them cancelling 23 orders
It certainly remains a possibility. But "balanced out" is conveying that Ford has accounted for scheduled orders with a VIN but those without are not being accounted for.

Unscheduled SB orders = Change the color. It won't ever get scheduled.

Scheduled SB orders without a VIN = Change the color. Order will likely be pushed automatically never receiving a VIN. These orders are in purgatory with no official guidance.

Scheduled SB orders with a VIN = Ford has accounted and allocated your order with the necessary parts (including paint) for production.*

*All orders with a VIN are subject to cancellation due to the shutdown.

z4nder

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335is 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My order was originally shadow black. Week after week no scheduling because shadow black was being reserved for raptors. After 3 weeks of waiting I had my dealer change mine to Oxford white and it was scheduled the following Thursday.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, the 3-dr, as Ford refers to it, isn't available for MY'24 (yet). Obviously some of the HEs have been delivered this year. But as you can surmise and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone and that is the modular HT is the bottleneck. If you are scheduled, I hope you don't get a cancellation notice.
It was originally scheduled Aug 28th, moved to 11/5, moved to 12/4 after the strike. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that they had all the HE parts they needed to finish off MY23.

clintontx

Black Diamond
First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do the plants shutdown on 12/23 for end of year holidays? That would make sense to be the end of the 23 Broncos. Bring on the 24s!!

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Unfortunately, orders will get cancelled if possible on Ford’s end. They will have to readjust the price of the Bronco to take into account the increased labor costs of the workers. We all know Ford executives aren’t eating the loses. Those costs get passed to consumers. I ain’t mad about it or salty but don’t think Ford is all of the sudden a charity organization. It’s a business model designed for profits. Costs go up, prices go up. The workers won an increase today but society will just inflate prices around them. Until the vicious cycle repeats itself.

so yes, orders will get canceled so they can be replaced at higher costs.

maybe it’s cheaper to pay for a bronco on the lot now.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Do the plants shutdown on 12/23 for end of year holidays? That would make sense to be the end of the 23 Broncos. Bring on the 24s!!
yes. I got hung up last year at shutdown with a built date of 12/21, it hung out until mid Jan 23.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was originally scheduled Aug 28th, moved to 11/5, moved to 12/4 after the strike. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that they had all the HE parts they needed to finish off MY23.
Good luck to you. 🤞 Hope that your dad's Bronco gets built.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really glad I opted to buy from dealer stock. Easier to track down trim, color and options and drive out of state or have delivered if need be.

Did this the last few vehicles and it’s saved me money, time and frustration.

For those committed, wishing you all the luck!

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Really glad I opted to buy from dealer stock. Easier to track down trim, color and options and drive out of state or have delivered if need be.

Did this the last few vehicles and it’s saved me money, time and frustration.

For those committed, wishing you all the luck!
I placed my order about a month ago and was informed that it would by 24MY. I had no problems with that since winter is settling in here in WI (It snowed today) and I am looking to get it in spring time. Also hoping that some of the bugs present in previous model years have been worked out.
So waiting is not an issue for me at this point. But if things drag on and it looks like it will be longer than 6 months I will most likely go the route of dealer stock.
The frustrating thing is that from my perception (at least locally/regionally) the dealer purchased/spec's vehicles are higher end 4-door (wild trak's, etc) with Lux packages and fancy leather pushing 50-60K. I don't want or need the lux pkg, nor do I want the sasquatch pkg with the elevated height. So it might be more of a challenge to find what fits for me, but willing to go that route and travel if need be.
Sponsored