Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

3000 was the max starting point whether it gets to that number based on actual orders is another story. I also think Ford will pillage the parts bins and make sure they have all the parts/chips to build them out over 3 months that is going to be Job 2 orders.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3000 was the max starting point whether it gets to that number based on actual orders is another story. I also think Ford will pillage the parts bins and make sure they have all the parts/chips to build them out over 3 months that is going to be Job 2 orders.
I agree with this but remember, a lot of the stuff unique to Raptor won't have the commodity plague the other models do. They likely had a number in mind and have or in the process of securing it prior to going at it. Wheels/tires, powertrain, suspension, body parts, interior parts, etc., all unique.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I agree with this but remember, a lot of the stuff unique to Raptor won't have the commodity plague the other models do. They likely had a number in mind and have or in the process of securing it prior to going at it. Wheels/tires, powertrain, suspension, body parts, interior parts, etc., all unique.
If 3000 is the number and it makes sense to source most the Raptor materials ahead of time, I think the commodity issue will be if more people ordered a specific trim more than expected. I think it is safe to assume they didn't plan on everyone ordering the same interior material; but if one of those takes was much higher than expected that would create a bottle neck on the back end.

Wheels and interior are really the only Raptor specific variables, right? Every Raptor will have the exact same power train so that shouldn't be an issue. It would be interesting to see what the % of orders took which wheel and which interior.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If 3000 is the number and it makes sense to source most the Raptor materials ahead of time, I think the commodity issue will be if more people ordered a specific trim more than expected. I think it is safe to assume they didn't plan on everyone ordering the same interior material; but if one of those takes was much higher than expected that would create a bottle neck on the back end.

Wheels and interior are really the only Raptor specific variables, right? Every Raptor will have the exact same power train so that shouldn't be an issue. It would be interesting to see what the % of orders took which wheel and which interior.
Correct. We all thought Ford had the build mix worked out when reservations were placed to give them a better idea for purchasing prior to Job 1. At least I hope that was part of the plan. What does help Raptor is the low volume and even with the unique stuff, probably won't have as many supplier throughput issues. If it does happen, we can revisit this and see how well it didn't age.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Correct. We all thought Ford had the build mix worked out when reservations were placed to give them a better idea for purchasing prior to Job 1. At least I hope that was part of the plan. What does help Raptor is the low volume and even with the unique stuff, probably won't have as many supplier throughput issues. If it does happen, we can revisit this and see how well it didn't age.
If you look at the poll here already it shows MGV is by far more popular than the leather options, and the leather is split again between the Blue/Orange suede and the Black. You would think that Ford would have an idea of the MGV to Leather popularity though based on the take rate of existing trims that have both as options.

I guess we'll all know more in a month or so. If the first few Raptors to get selected are having MGV built at the same rate as Leather, I would consider that a concern for those with MGV.

Sponsored

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How many Bronco Raptors went to people that already have their Bronco?

My dealer has over 10 GTs and half of them are for people who have already received their Bronco.

I think the GTs are a sham because a majority are going to dealer stock.

Last edited:

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How many Bronco Raptors went to people that already have their Bronco?

My dealer has 15 GTs and half of them are for people who have already received their Bronco.

I think the GTs are a sham because a majority are going to dealer stock.
It must be people that day 1 made two reservations though

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It must be people that day 1 made two reservations though
Nope, my first reservation was 7/13/20 and my GT is for that reservation number even though that Bronco was delivered last August, and I have a second unused reservation dated 12/31/20.

I think Ford’s handraiser algorithm saw that I have an unused reservation so it put me in the pool and then it looked for earliest reservations amongst that pool without considering that some people have multiple reservations.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Were you able to put in an order for the raptor.

When they go to build theyll pull the res # and see you converted.
Sponsored