Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am 100% convinced this would sell. The van overlanding scene is big enough for a Transit that's already outfitted for it. The more powerful 3.5L ecoboost will plop right in since it already has the standard one as an option.
It wouldn't even have to be a Raptor per se, a "FX4" or such would sell well too.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It wouldn't even have to be a Raptor per se, a "FX4" or such would sell well too.
Electric E150 4x4 making a return and use Switchgear underpinning :)

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I definitely believe a hybrid Bronco will come with the refresh.

As far as an all-electric variant, I’m guessing that will be placed on hold.

Ford was banking on F-150 Lightning to be popular, but things haven’t went the way they planned.
Sales have dramatically slowed down. The people that wanted an EV bought one, but everyone else is not sold yet on EVs.

And can you blame them?

Hertz is reportedly selling off its fleet of 20,000 EVs.
Then you have all the Teslas leaving drivers stranded due to the extremely cold winter weather.

It’s pretty easy to see we are not ready yet for fully electric vehicles.
They are inferior to ICE vehicles.

Hybrid is the only logical way to go for now until battery tech improves (which it will).

Farley mentioned specifically 2025 and beyond I took that as something is coming for the Bronco refresh whether is 25 or 26. Switchback is definitely the driving vehicle in flushing some of that out.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The DR is much more than that. The BraptorR can be a Braptor with a V8 and street legal. It still won't match the DR but it will give the bourgeoisie something to fight over.
uh yeah like 200k more, as far as the rest of it...the DR is a late-to-the-game overweight turd. embarrassing wheel travel, lackluster HP, ugly as miss piggy, and the WORST part is the whizbang fancy pants Boron cage ain't even score legal

Typical Ford or multimatic engineering mentality, "let's build it so it's illegal for the street, and illegal to race on the score events, that way nobody can race it until they dump another half million into changing it."
Sponsored

Last edited: