Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Everybody keeps saying they want a V-8 and I get it. I love me some V-8, but like above the engineers discussed this. The 3.0L twin turbo has more horsepower , more torque and torque at a lower RPM than the 5.0. and it weighs less. Ford already chose the stronger motor for the bronco raptor. If they do make an R model, it’s not gonna be with the 5.0 V8 because the regular bronco raptor would be faster.

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So what did they announce? Is the tune coming?

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Everybody keeps saying they want a V-8 and I get it. I love me some V-8, but like above the engineers discussed this. The 3.0L twin turbo has more horsepower , more torque and torque at a lower RPM than the 5.0. and it weighs less. Ford already chose the stronger motor for the bronco raptor. If they do make an R model, it’s not gonna be with the 5.0 V8 because the regular bronco raptor would be faster.
A 5.0 won’t blow to smithereens when tuned. A v8 also doesn’t sound like a lawn mower. A v8 will probably last longer than the ecoboost.

Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's an hour of my life, i can't get back.
It was an overview of Ford racing and didn't have anything to do with new models.
idk why yall thought something with “ford performance” would have actual model releases

Darcyjs14

Raptor
First Name
D’Arcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Ford F250 Camper Special 4spd
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well, that was the nothing burger about anything related to the Braptor or a Braptor R. I love seeing Ford all over motorsports, and I’m a big fan of the Supercars series in Australia but I didn’t see anything about any new production cars. For now, the Braptor stands as is.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lot’s of dreams in this thread. Hope Ford sees it as a case study.

A master stroke, since now the 392 is sadly dead, would indeed be a V8 Bronco Raptor R, but….. Ford is pretty invested in the poor selling EV farce, so not sure it’ll happen for us.

The Ford Performance video was full of hubris, but what I also saw was some aggression, so maybe they’ll be willing to rethink some things and cut against the grain a bit in effort to satisfy the rabid Bronco following, which isn’t showing many signs of slowing down.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what did they announce? Is the tune coming?
That's an hour of my life, i can't get back.
It was an overview of Ford racing and didn't have anything to do with new models.
Yeah.... I think we got duped into thinking they would be talking about new product available for us to buy.

But no, it was just an overview of what Ford is doing for the various professional racing programs. The only two off-roading items mentioned below. Both are concept vehicles, more or less.

Ford Ranger M-Sport

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor R news coming 1/17... see upcoming Ford Performance video description 1705541752706

Ford Lightning Switchgear
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor R news coming 1/17... see upcoming Ford Performance video description 1705541783834

Sponsored

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looks like they are trying to warm us up to the idea of a Raptor EV.

Welp, I guess we wait for a future announcement on the tune.

I am still confident it will arrive, just a matter of time.

Yeah.... I think we got duped into thinking they would be talking about new product available for us to buy.

But no, it was just an overview of what Ford is doing for the various professional racing programs. The only two off-roading items mentioned below. Both are concept vehicles, more or less.

Ford Ranger M-Sport

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor R news coming 1/17... see upcoming Ford Performance video description 1705541783834

Ford Lightning Switchgear

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looks like they are trying to warm us up to the idea of a Raptor EV.

Welp, I guess we wait for a future announcement on the tune.

I am still confident it will arrive, just a matter of time.
Farley mentioned specifically 2025 and beyond I took that as something is coming for the Bronco refresh whether is 25 or 26. Switchback is definitely the driving vehicle in flushing some of that out.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The video was about Ford Racing, and what platforms they will be involved with. For those of us in the scene, it was informative. I for one want to see Ford in GT3 this year with the new Mustang. I think it could do very well.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't temp me with a good time.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor R news coming 1/17... see upcoming Ford Performance video description imagined-ford-transit-raptor-traptor-is-a-perfect-bronco-raptor-assistance-van-180144_1
I am 100% convinced this would sell. The van overlanding scene is big enough for a Transit that's already outfitted for it. The more powerful 3.5L ecoboost will plop right in since it already has the standard one as an option.
Sponsored