Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
still the the exact same class. Still the exact same size and similar base power.
Every single major journal is going to have a front page comparison of all of them.

and could you imagine the back lash if all the vehicles are 23-25k and the sport is 30k.
Would MURDER their marketing. And they wouldn’t get any where near there 200k goal. I doubt they would get too 100k units with that.
The Corsair is the same size and even on the same platform as Escape. Look at the price difference between those. One is a grocery getter and the other is a premium model with better materials.
Sponsored

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford would be smart to have a big gap between the price of the bronco and the price of the sport. What reason would anybody have to buy a sport if the bronco is only a few thousand more? My guess is the big Daddy bronco will cost more than most of us expect. Im guessing a starting price of around 40k. They will say, want a cheaper bronco? Get the bronco Forester.... ER... I mean sport...

Evanm14

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sorry but I don't think you fully can blame Ford here. They wanted to do it sooner but were curtailed by a global pandemic. In March and April I was focused on keeping my family safe, wondering if we'd still have jobs come the summer. How I was going to option out my Bronco wasn't on the front of my mind. Now that things seem to be getting back to normal, they can start moving ahead with the reveal.

I know this has taken forever, but like I said earlier, they need this to go perfectly. Revealing a refreshed BMW or Lexus is much different than revealing a whole new "Icon" brand.
Space X launched a rocket into space with humans on board without addressing these concerns.

Villagevip

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"Bronco Nation" ? Too lame..How about "Bronco Corral" Bronco Roundup" Bronco Ranch" ,
"Bronco Camp", Bronco Busters," Bronco Boys," Bronco Stampede," "Bronco Town,"
"Bronco Riders", Bronco Buckaroos", Bronco Bandits," Bronco Bros," "Bronco Rodeo",
"Bronco Boots," Bronco Saddle UP", "Bronco Buckel Bunnies"?

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should look up the term "Confirmation Bias"

ie, if something is on your mind, you are more likely to see it.

(example: thinking about Broncos lately? You're somehow now seeing more older model Broncos on the road than you were before, even though their rate of appearance is not any different. You're just noticing it more).

Knowing basics of human psychology can help you navigate through the bullshit.
aint it funny how i have never seen a real bronco (any MY) in my life. and i am always looking fro cars you don't see every day. not contradicting you, just saying it sucks...
It gets tiring typing out Bronco Sport. And you can’t just say Bronco, you know, because that’s an entirely different vehicle. And Sport doesn’t work, that could mean Wrangler Sport, Range Rover Sport, etc. So we need to establish new term for it. How about Escape Bronco? Nope, same length issue. Bronco, Soccer Mom Edition? Nope, even longer. Ok, so let’s look at the initials for Bronco Sport: BS. That’s it, I shall refer to it as BS going forward.
i was just going to say, call it BS. and then you popped in...
Ford Bronco Bronco reveal has officially been delayed until July post-16025-1487978969

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Bronco Nation" ? Too lame..How about "Bronco Corral" Bronco Roundup" Bronco Ranch" ,
"Bronco Camp", Bronco Busters," Bronco Boys," Bronco Stampede," "Bronco Town,"
"Bronco Riders", Bronco Buckaroos", Bronco Bandits," Bronco Bros," "Bronco Rodeo",
"Bronco Boots," Bronco Saddle UP", "Bronco Buckel Bunnies"?
Bronco Busters

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would expect the 4Door Bronco to be starting at $34k, which would undercut the Wrangler Unlimited Sport S which starts at about $35k

2Door Bronco I would expect to start at $31k and the Wrangler Sport S starts at $32k

note: this is the first line up where the wrangler gets electric windows and such. Something that I believe we had discussed before with the bronco coming with those options already.
I think you're 3-5 grand low. At least.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think you're 3-5 grand low. At least.
I honestly hope not, why wouldn’t they try to undercut jeep on price if they could? A better product at basically the same price would sell more than a better product that’s priced well above.

same issue with the transit vans that ChrispyKC was talking about. Much better vehicle but the competition is so much cheaper so they sell. I accept the possibility it will be more, but I really hope it’s not. Imagine the competition it would cause as well!

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What rock do you live under never having seen a Bronco? That’s just weird.
While... there is a rock in calgary.
and a rock in TN
and a rock in Seattle

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I honestly hope not, why wouldn’t they try to undercut jeep on price if they could? A better product at basically the same price would sell more than a better product that’s priced well above.

same issue with the transit vans that ChrispyKC was talking about. Much better vehicle but the competition is so much cheaper so they sell. I accept the possibility it will be more, but I really hope it’s not. Imagine the competition it would cause as well!
I just did a build & price on a Wrangler Sahara the way I'd equip it and that's with quite a few unchecked boxes and this it what it priced out to. From some of what I've been seeing Bronco would be a little above that.
NET PRICE
$57,530

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just did a build & price on a Wrangler Sahara the way I'd equip it and that's with quite a few unchecked boxes and this it what it priced out to. From some of what I've been seeing Bronco would be a little above that.
NET PRICE
$57,530
I’m just saying base price for the model, I’m not saying with extras and modifications.

edit: my build off the Sport S with the additions I would want from factory topped out at $42K

Last edited:

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What about SpaceX launch? I believe that got plenty of attention and it is needed as a diversion in these hard times.
Space X launched a rocket into space with humans on board without addressing these concerns.
A space launch is determined by wind, and weather conditions, but most importantly, orbits. Not to mention, astronauts are usually quarantined before launches so they're not sick in space I believe. They also don't deal directly with the public in that there aren't reporters right there with control people or the astronauts, whereas a vehicle launch is a room full of people.

So yes, they're able to launch a spaceship in the middle of a virus.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m just saying base price for the model, I’m not saying with extras and modifications.
That would be $38,645. Trouble is it wouldn't have much of what I want for content. Why bother buying at all if it doesn't meet your requirements?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.