BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it's my understanding that they are not allowed to sell the Bronco's to us (reservation holders) above MSRP as per Ford rules
FYI, no such rule exists and Ford will not come to the customers rescue if a dealership is charging them an ADM. There has only been one report on the forum where Ford intervened in the favor of a reservation holder when their dealership, basically, stole their order to sell to the highest bidder.

It may be time for you to have a conversation with your salesrep and get your price in writing (if you haven't already).
Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nut Up and Fight for yourself.

What’s the Worse that can happen? You can blink first and pay the $893. You make them blink with my above post and save $893.

Sure, they may tell you to GTFO of the Showroom and sell your Bronco for an ADM of $10k

Then you unleash a bad PR campaign against them while you go order a MY22 from Granger or Chapman@Horsham. You airline ticket and 1 night in a hotel ain’t gonna cost you $893

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think a lot of us are going to get that fee when the paperwork is all drawn up, the dealer tells everyone it's gonna be MSRP or in some cases below when you talk to them but unless you have a sales contract completely filled out at time of sale you are not gonna see the bottom line and that is when the dealer prep, admin fees, doc fees and taxes will all show up. it is the first year of a new model and all the dealers are hurting right now, I don't care what kind of business you are in everybody works to make a profit, I agree with all your feelings about added fees but over the years I have bought many vehicles and the negotiation on a new model, the pandemic and of course all the other problems in our country right now are making every thing cost more no matter what you are buying so I say try to negotiate but be happy that you are able to get a Bronco.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI, no such rule exists and Ford will not come to the customers rescue if a dealership is charging them an ADM. There has only been one report on the forum where Ford intervened in the favor of a reservation holder when their dealership, basically, stole their order to sell to the highest bidder.

It may be time for you to have a conversation with your salesrep and get your price in writing (if you haven't already).
I have trust in my dealer and they are selling for MSRP and there are rules about selling above MSRP to reservation holders lets see your paper work now and after sale is complete

OP
OP
Mike777

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nut Up and Fight for yourself.

What’s the Worse that can happen? You can blink first and pay the $893. You make them blink with my above post and save $893.

Sure, they may tell you to GTFO of the Showroom and sell your Bronco for an ADM of $10k

Then you unleash a bad PR campaign against them while you go order a MY22 from Granger or Chapman@Horsham. You airline ticket and 1 night in a hotel ain’t gonna cost you $893
Dont worry I was going to when I'm able to get into the dealership. This is the first time I've seen the purchase order.

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dont worry I was going to when I'm able to get into the dealership. This is the first time I've seen the purchase order.
Way to Go, Mike. Hit ‘em hard where they live

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least get them to delete this. Explain to them that with any off-road vehicle, the first thing you do when you hit the trail head (or beach) is to air down the tires. And frankly, you are embarrassed to even have to explain this to them since they are the Bronco and off-road "experts."
Should be fine airing down. However, if he's immediately going off road, then then the nitrogen was a waste of money.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least get them to delete this. Explain to them that with any off-road vehicle, the first thing you do when you hit the trail head (or beach) is to air down the tires. And frankly, you are embarrassed to even have to explain this to them since they are the Bronco and off-road "experts."
Should be fine airing down. However, if he's immediately airing down and going off road, then then the nitrogen was a waste of money.

john houseman

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, that is a bit much for doing what amounts to a PDI.
And the dealership is paid by Ford to do the PDI. It is actually ADM, but much more reasonable than other dealers might be. I'd just deal with it now.

Sponsored

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So with my build week finally in hand I asked my dealer to produce a purchase order for me. This is the issue I ran across and for those that have already bought their Bronco I'd love to hear your feed back. Everything checked out except one thing. The dealer added $893 to the MSRP for "Dealer Prep Fee". This sounds like a bogus fee that is another way of just saying ADM.

Sales Rep has been really nice through the whole process and was pretty honest with me. He said, "If you dont take it, and management honestly doesnt want you to cause they will add 10k for ADM."

Figured I'm sorta stuck with the extra $893...
Sounds fishy. My fees on top of the agreed upon purchase order which was MSRP on sticker (actually about <$2 less for some reason). What do they describe the prepping service as specifically? tell them you dont want it.

taxes - nasty I'm in California.
doc fee - 85
electronic vehicle reg - 30
vehicle license fee - 361
registration/tranfer/titling - 289
ca tire fee - 8.75

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tell them that if you charge me for that, can you make it up on the trade or the interest rate.

cheat code: come in with a fat check from the bank with a solid interest rate and tell them to beat the interest rate. That’s how you get back at them for the bogus fees

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds fishy. My fees on top of the agreed upon purchase order which was MSRP on sticker (actually about <$2 less for some reason). What do they describe the prepping service as specifically? tell them you dont want it.

taxes - nasty I'm in California.
doc fee - 85
electronic vehicle reg - 30
vehicle license fee - 361
registration/tranfer/titling - 289
ca tire fee - 8.75
Can I ask who your dealer is? Mine is Galpin

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's a horse shit fee, but at this point you may as well suck it up and pay. You'll forget about it the minute you get your Bonco on the road.

But, before you even start it up see if you can't negotiate a few free oil changes, a cargo mat, or some floor liners. A little something to take the sting out of paying $895 for $50 dollars worth of stuff. Good luck, and congratulations on the new Bronco.

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I ask who your dealer is? Mine is Galpin
South Bay - entire process was smooth, no surprises, and documented the entire way through delivery. financed through usaa at 1.89 for 60
Sponsored